What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

They weren’t necessary as this was so easy. (Though I did check for accuracy afterward.)

brit likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Gosh, IDK... maybe half credit then. ;)

Sara-s and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

that sounds about right..:),or when there is bits left over..

Sara-s likes this.
  4. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Test drove and bought this:
    [​IMG]

MrEE, PanChango, Tanuki and 3 others like this.
  5. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Yes!
    Very nice.
    Taken it "off road" yet??
    Looks like it's ready for some real fun!

tp

brit likes this.
  6. Preacher

I'm not really an off-road guy, but I wanted a truck that was capable and looked like a truck.

brit and Terry like this.
  7. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I think that one will do it!

tp

brit likes this.
  8. Preacher

Yepper. It's fast. Rebuilt 6.0 diesel, larger injectors, larger turbo, studded and deleted. Although I'm not going to drive it fast, I like having the power.

DaltonGang, brit and Terry like this.
  9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Mounted and powered up a set of fog lights on my spyder motorcycle.
    Set them up to a relay that will turn them on and off with the ignition switch.
    Took it for a quick ride, they work great.
    Been needing them for some time.
    They only draw 1 amp each, so I don't have to worry about overloading the charging system.

tp

Tanuki and brit like this.
  10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I tinkered on, and got a generator working, that has not run for 8 years. It was given to me by some friends who used it one time, during a hurricane outage, and I was given it several months later. Replaced a pull cord, cleaned out the carb, and replaced the oil. Runs like new now.

BigMike, Tanuki, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I know the feeling ..... very satisfying!

brit likes this.
  12. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

More forestry cosplay. I'm cutting out big leaf maple, giving the fir, hemlock and cedar more room and more light. Not a critical job, but the cat is broken down, so our little logging show is stalled.

I tossed a big pile of big leaf maple trimmings down the slope, then did a somersault into the pile. Pretty easy to execute the full front flip on a steep grade. Fortunately the pile cushioned the fall and kept me from going to the bottom of the canyon. I'll watch my footing more carefully AND rig a safety line next time.

Hard work is manly. (I think?) Silly acrobatics, more childish. Good luck is ageless, but perhaps limited in supply.

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I moved my target out to 50 M (from 40M) and came back home with all my arrows.

Tanuki, BigMike, Preacher and 5 others like this.
  14. Preacher

Just installed a bed cover (at the wife's insistence) on my truck.
    [​IMG]

Tanuki, Terry, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  15. DaltonGang

Well, not manly, but yummy. I made 4 pints of homemade Pesto today, to take home. My mother has a great recipe. I was in town, visiting my 80+ year old parents, and my mother had a lot of Basil that needed trimming and using. When I make it back to Houston, the wife will be happy, and might even share a little with me.

Tanuki, Preacher, Terry and 3 others like this.
  16. richgem

:drool:

DaltonGang likes this.
  17. richgem

Pesto is amazing on a BLT in place of mayo.

Enrico and DaltonGang like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Works equally well on a turkey sandwich.

DaltonGang, Enrico and richgem like this.
  19. DaltonGang

Pesto is good on just about any bread. We just schmeared some on some warmed up Asiago Cheese Bread. Mmmmmmmm...

Sara-s likes this.
  20. DaltonGang

Well, backstory is, that I have a commercial refrigeration cooler(True brand), in my garage, for all kinds of beverages. It's large and has worked great, for many years. Earlier this week, it quit working, it just blew hot air. The wife made noise of buying another one, only $2000. Heck no!!!! So, being the cheapskate I am, I decided to work out the puzzle myself. After looking andtinkering with everything, I figured the capacitor was the likely problem(I hoped), and ordered a $34 replacement. So, today, I crawled around it on my stomach, replaced the old one, and it is now working.
    I just saved about $350-400, for some stranger to come out and overcharge me. :happy108:

Tanuki, BigMike, Terry and 1 other person like this.