August 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 31, 2020.

?

How are you going to make AUgust your gold medal month?

1. I am going to choose only the gear that gives me my best shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I am going to experiment with different gear to discover my gold medal shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I am going to use any gear I want, because I can get a gold medal shave from anything.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  4. I am actually allergic to gold, so I am going to go for platinum medal shaves.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. I am going to use Gold Medal flour and bake cookies, which have been noticeably absent recently.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Arnold Stang...had to look him up!
    Stay safe and have fun at the gym, Joe.

brit, clint64, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Jason, the house and yard are really too big for just SWMBO and me these days. It used to be filled with 4 kids and their friends, but it serves as a good gathering spot for the clan, most of whom still live close by.

brit, clint64, Droo78 and 4 others like this.
  3. jtspartan

Your friends live in an incredibly remote and incredibly beautiful part of the rural coast, Charlie. A very unique experience to visit them there for sure. So much of the area around there is virtually untouched, I would assume.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  4. jtspartan

A great Menthol Monday, Andrew. I'm slowly using up my Palmolive Menthol. I'd guess less than 10 shaves left in the tube for sure. Using that nice '49 would make for an excellent lather with it, no question.

brit, clint64, Droo78 and 3 others like this.
  5. jgreenepa

Great shave kit, Mark, as usual! I shaved with the same razor today, myself, except I mounted the Silversmith handle to my General. They’re great shavers! Have you tried yours with a Feather Super?

brit, clint64, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Ty Andrew! Prior to the lockdown, I was going to the gym 5 to 6 days per week for 3 1/2 yrs. I started at age 61. Prior to 61, the last time that I was in a gym was college.

JACarbone, brit, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  7. jtspartan

Covid has done more for bans that the fires. No out of province campers are allowed at any public campground. Camping is rarely ever banned around here, but motorized vehicles in the back country or campfires are banned virtually every summer at some point.

brit, clint64, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  8. jgreenepa

I agree, Jason! I really like the three dot plate.

brit, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  9. jtspartan

Beautiful Greens, Blair. 'Sharp' Razor? They really thought outside the box with that name....

b1hart, brit, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks Jeff! :happy088: I agree they're great shavers. I recently tried my AL General V1 with a Feather Pro Super. I was rewarded with a super close shave and a batch of weepers. :eek:

brit, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  11. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thank you Jason! Arnold Stang was before your time. You get more of an appreciation of him if you download some You Tube videos of his performances.

brit, clint64, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  12. jtspartan

Such an iconic looking razor, Evan. I've found myself having a few quick 2 passers lately as well. Hope things slow down a bit for you.

13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Same amount of water. 1:1 boiling water to grated soap.

14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Really nice, Mark.

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Fair enough, Bill. I'm always open to new scientific hypotheses, especially when they sound too good to be true. (I am in no way referring to the claims of MWF being a fine shave soap.)

To demonstrate my open mind and hunger for learning and development, I'll stop by some Saturday afternoon when you are conducting a thermodynamics experiment on the Weber. As long as you're serving up ribeyes and ribs, I'll go along with you on the 'downhill both ways' theory. I'll bring the Hamm's Special Light, and we'll include a chemistry experiment too.

16. jtspartan

Merci beaucoup, Messieurs.
    @wristwatchb Charlie, I never took thermodynamics, but I did have a lousy mark in grade 9 French...

17. wristwatchb

Thanks Andrew. I see you also have a keen eye for haute cuisine and the culinary arts. :happy102:

To be honest, I don't put a lot of effort into meal prep if I'm just cooking for myself. I've been logging my food intake and exercise for ~770 consecutive days, and I have a pretty basic diet that includes a lot of whole grains and fruits. I eat a few different 'high volume' foods that fill me up but don't pack a lot of calories or fat. I force myself to eat veggies, and I try to include a variety of low fat proteins. I also try to get some type of exercise every day (stairs are my friend), and I take a very few daily vitamins and supplements. At my last physical, my doc said my blood work looked 'perfect.'

I have to watch meats, refined sweets, breads, and dairy. Aside from BBQ or grilled meats, I'm not a big meat eater. However, I love sweets, breads, and dairy. I give myself a day every so often where I go off the rails on my favorite foods...and then I get back on the wagon the next day with no guilt whatsoever. There are 1000 different ways to maintain, but this works for me. My starting weight was 275, my target is 200, and I weighed 198 this morning. I'm still considered overweight by the weight charts, but I feel good.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. :)

b1hart, Edison Carter, brit and 6 others like this.
  18. wristwatchb

I was taking a photo of my dinner one evening at the transplant house, and a lady at the next table was watching me.

I pointed at my meal and asked her, "would you eat this for dinner?"

"Yes, but not all at the same time," she replied.

:happy097:

Edison Carter, brit, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  19. wristwatchb

Joe, you and @Paul Turner are an inspiration to me. I'm glad to hear you both are back in the gym.

JACarbone, brit, Paul Turner and 5 others like this.
  20. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

That looks like a very new bottle of Proraso! Love that green brush too! Have a wonderful day Gary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.