August 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 31, 2020.

?

How are you going to make AUgust your gold medal month?

1. I am going to choose only the gear that gives me my best shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I am going to experiment with different gear to discover my gold medal shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I am going to use any gear I want, because I can get a gold medal shave from anything.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  4. I am actually allergic to gold, so I am going to go for platinum medal shaves.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. I am going to use Gold Medal flour and bake cookies, which have been noticeably absent recently.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Thanks, Joe! I agree there are days a DFS is just a frustration-free shave.

brit, clint64, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  2. MrEE

Thanks Andrew!

brit, clint64, Droo78 and 3 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Charlie! I was not a happy camper during this gym freeze! I couldn't wait to use the gym again!

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Jason. We intend to visit our friends at some point. We always have fun when we get together, and B.C. looks absolutely gorgeous. They tell us that the island clears out after summer is over, i.e. the hippies leave. They've been busy the past couple of weeks helping friends rebuild their chicken coops. Apparently, a hungry bear has been tearing into them and getting the chickens.

Edison Carter, brit, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  5. wristwatchb

On paper, thermo and French look pretty similar. ;)

Edison Carter, brit, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  6. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Nice shave i completely forgot about menthol Monday lol!

brit, clint64, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  7. MrEE

Thanks Jason! My employer extended WFH until July 31st 2021 which is crazy. Some days I'm done by 3 PM... usually because my shop is calling, and other days I am still working at 10 PM. I feel blessed to have a job and feel secure financially, but I've decided my life needs some balance.

So, I'm back on 30DC and I'm making brushes. I'm thinking it's time to convert the small lathe I don't use anymore to a CNC lathe. That or build a 4th axis for my mill. Choices, choices.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    b1hart, Edison Carter, brit and 6 others like this.
  8. wristwatchb

It blows my mind to think we could still be under "lock down" until well into next year. I don't doubt it, though. I'm thankful, Evan, for your job situation.

Tantalum futures are beginning to look attractive from an investment point of view. Pundits are predicting that pandemic-related increases in shaving brush handle production will put a squeeze on supply. Just between us, OK. Mum's the word.

9. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Excellent setup, Mark!

10. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Maybe he lives there?

[​IMG]

11. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jason! I've got a long way to go with this tube...and the full backup as well. If this wasn't a hobby for me, I could use Palmolive Menthol daily and be just fine.
    I see why so many people harvest these Omega knots for other handles.

brit, clint64, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, college was the last time I regularly went to the gym. :eek:

JACarbone, brit, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  13. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I was sure of the existence when I was a young kid! In Salish (the local Indigenous band/language in the area where I grew up) it was called Sasq’ets, hence the anglicized version. I wanted so badly to believe...

Edison Carter, brit, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Your current plan seems like a sound one - and it obviously is working for you. :happy088:
    This summer I crossed over the 200 mark a bit for the first time, so I'll be doing something soon the change that. The only time I've ever really adhered to a diet was after being hospitalized for high blood pressure 5 years ago. The Doc suggested the D.A.S.H. diet, which was developed for hypertension. I tracked my food at that point and it really worked (for the BP) and I lost weight too. Basically it's just a low sodium, high fiber, potassium rich, balanced diet. I should probably get back on board with that, however, my BP is still good at this point and I have been off the Lisinopril for a couple years now. Just a daily multivitamin and low dose aspirin for me these days.

15. Trigger

Well, that's 20 yrs for you and double that time for me.

16. Trigger

Good for you, Andrew!

brit, clint64, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  17. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out hope!

jtspartan, brit, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  18. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

:thanks:

19. wristwatchb

Thanks Andrew! It sounds like you already know what works for you, and congrats for successfully managing your weight and BP. That's a huge win.

After some research and discussion with my family doc, I take a daily multi, a low dose aspirin (history of blood clots), Omega 3 (family heart disease history), magnesium citrate (helps manage nighttime muscle cramps), and a probiotic (for gut happiness).

I've had success using a free phone app (and website) called Lose It! It simply helps me keep track of food, exercise, and weight. I quickly learned that I can't eat 6 Cracker Barrel biscuits or drink a quart of milk with breakfast and meet my daily calorie target. :) I also weigh my foods on an inexpensive digital scale to keep me honest on portion sizes. (My little scale goes with me on trips too. I've even taken it to a restaurant to see how much soft serve ice cream I was dispensing for myself.) I frequently eat double portions of some foods, but I have to budget for them.

Last Monday was my "off the rails day," and I had to compensate the rest of the week. I still ended up a bit over budget for the week, but it wasn't bad.

1.jpg

Best wishes on your health journey. Let's continue to encourage each other!

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful shave and photo Andrew.

jgreenepa, brit, Droo78 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.