"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Just a few of my Schicks 6614ABCD-30D6-44A5-BC70-01ADB8FA0C11.jpeg 4C1F2535-06A9-4DC3-9B27-CE09E755C282.jpeg 6F81B686-5F75-4F5D-87D0-0490B6EFBEDD.jpeg 141BE713-AC8D-4463-B45D-8CE68C5A0D41.jpeg 7FE3BFE5-DCB6-4B28-8AD1-251E89E6FC6C.jpeg

2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Schick Sunday Shave, Aug 23rd 2020

Razor: Schick Championship injector, L type theme series-Mfg 1976 -Schick helped sponser the Montreal Olympics.
    Blade: Personna injector(6) nice and sharp for a smooth mild razor like the L types injectors.
    Soap: Proraso green- nice Menthol Eucalyptus scent for a cooling effect on the facial skin.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic- I really enjoy using this brush, creates excellent lather with those soft tips.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso green aftershave lotion with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm on beard area.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick championship L theme type injector razor.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

3. brit

brit in a box

jgreenepa likes this.
  4. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

That’s not even close to all the Schick razors I own! Just the ones that had handy pics. :)

Aztecmike, Edison Carter and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

very cool.i will have 3 in total when the "66"arrives..trying to avoid this rabbit hole..:D

Aztecmike likes this.
  6. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20200825_193838~2.jpg
    August 26th, 2020

1967-1972 Schick Platinum DE
    (Case marked "Made in Western Germany")
    7 O'Clock SharpEdge
    Taconic Urban Woods
    Shave Cream
    Avon Spicy Aftershave

7. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Schick Platinum DE in grey...
    20200827_172930~3.jpg

Group photo...
    20200827_172641~2.jpg

Droo78, Ron R, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, Aug 30th 2020

Razor: Schick injector E type Canadian Variant- Mfg 1930's & 40's N.D.Codes. Excellent mid range razor, easy for any part of your face to get at!
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE(2) Very sharp blade, smooths out over time & excellent cost per shave if that matters to some.
    Soap: Nivea Sensitive skin shave cream, nice mild scent, with good protection.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic"Sagrada Familia" great brush for lather with cloud like soft tip feel. I visited the Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona Spain years back, best thing I did was travel a little before these times came! Things change and not for the better it seems!
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pick ups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver[​IMG] with witch hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick injector E type with a Personna injector blade.

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Aztecmike and brit like this.
  10. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Ron & yes they are mild razor. Shave wise pretty much like a Schick Krona.

Ron R and brit like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

tuesday shave
    canadian eversharp hydro-magic
    schick
    custom badger
    sc. bignoli
    armani oud
    [​IMG]

12. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Awesome hydro-magic shave & pic Gary. :happy088: That is my favorite heirloom injector. :)

brit likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mike.found out it was a canadian one once i cleaned the soap out of it.. s-l1600.jpg

Ron R, Droo78, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  14. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

What!!!! :shocked003: No way I would have guessed that was the same razor! Great clean up job Gary.

brit likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mike..i took a gamble,the plating looked good and it was cheap,and not far away..and unmolested..cleaned up near perfect,soap preserved it..:)

Edison Carter and Aztecmike like this.
  16. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Very nice looking Schick

brit likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

thank you Kevin.how are you ? hope you and yours are well..:)

CrustyCat likes this.
  18. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

We are doing great. Thanks for asking. How's everything going up in the far north? We have a lot of smoke down here from forest fires, but we've had a break for the last couple of days. We're supposed to have some record-breaking temps here this weekend. 100+ degrees.

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

ouch..been cooler this summer compared to previous years.fire season has been smaller ,after a few bad years.will be a warmer weekend here but i won't last long.definitely a odd year..:)

Edison Carter and CrustyCat like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, Sept 6th 2020

Razor: Schick injector J1 type- Mfg 1957-64, mild razor,3 pass shave will get you a nice DFS!
    Blade: Personna injector (2) Excellent blade for sharpness and smooths out nicely over time.
    Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" nice scent that refreshes the bathroom also great lather qualities when well.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic- excellent lather creator with any type of soap, cloud like soft tips. [​IMG]
    Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] great shave with my Schick J1 injector.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.