The Discontinuation that MOST disappointed you...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Primotenore, Jul 5, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Personna 74 blades. Absolutely fabulous! And way to hard and expensive to get now.

Primotenore likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    One of my favorite blades, no doubt.
    But...there's no profit to be made on a blade that gives you approximately 20 shaves. AND...back in the day, guys were just performing a single pass. That equates to 60 shaves/blade.

3. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a little less expensive. It’s just a container of soap now. And that’s disappointing, at least to me.

Primotenore and brit like this.
  4. Primotenore

Article Team
    I understand, David. Presentation counts for something...at least in my book. As long as said presentation doesn't push the product to unaffordability.

Shaver X and dmshaver like this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I was thinking about this thread when I was reminded that Kiss My Face shave cream was discontinued.

This story has a happy ending.

It was part of the restructuring process, and returned to the market in the same formula about 8 months later.

Something similar happened to Euthamol toothpaste about 5 years ago.

Shaver X and brit like this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Oh, so that is why it disappeared from Whole Paycheck. Kiss My Face used to be my fave, but I can't find it anywhere locally. In the end, it was no big deal because I had already identified some excellent alternatives, but then they vanished. Truth be told, the marketplace is increasingly moving online, where Kiss My Face and all the alternatives are still readily available. Yeah, yeah, I know it can be a bummer if a favorite item of any sort gets discontinued, but it is not all that bad in the wetshaving world.

We are awash in a sea of great shaving products. If one product gets discontinued, there are others to take its place. Does anybody remember The Gentlemen's Quarter or Pirate's Cove shaving soaps? Fifteen years ago, it was a totally different picture. Nowadays, we are golden no matter what.

7. Primotenore

Article Team
    I have too many soaps anyway. Let the chips fall where they may...

8. Judoguy

Judoguy Member

There is no doubt...REEF POINT SHAVING SOAPS AND AFTERSHAVES....especially Dragonsblood!!!!!!!They were all good!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  9. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Mickey lee soapworks, razorock hard pucks from like 8 years ago, and stroppe shoppe shave soap which in my opinion was one of the best soap makers ever. Still have 5 jars.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  10. stanmog

stanmog New Member

The original D R Harris aftershave milk. The closest replacement, Clinique after shave healer, alas, was also discontinued. The next closest to the Harris milk I’ve since found is Knize Ten lotion, which has the same consistency and face feel, but with the Knize scent, and is still available.

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  11. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Haslinger tallow shave soap

Great base, cheap, I liked the scents. Hard Lil pucks that made a fantastic lather. Wtf did they change? Vegan version not so good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.