Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Aug 10th 2020, Good morning to all this Sunny refreshing day.

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog Pruf, Peerless model,17 nib safety bar - Mfg 1945, excellent mid range razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) Excellent blade,Very sharp & smooths out over its life span.
    Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood- One of my favorite scents[​IMG] & has good lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 black synthetic whiskers- Close to a natural boar with soft tips IMO.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem Flying Wing (Bullet Tip) Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Frank Shaving Boar Brush
    Proraso/Love My Skin Spearmint Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Lavander
    Gillette Sensitive Skin After Shave Gel

Untitled.jpg

GAW9576, Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Minutes from Midnight Magnificent Mega Mentholated Micromatic Monday via MMOC bumpless variety with a 10th flip Gem SS PTFE.

Arco with a healthy dose of Sterling Frost Drops whipped up with a Maggard's synthetic knot made for a chilling experience that was finished off with Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegital lotion.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Ron R, Ijustmissedthe50s and Droo78 like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thur, Aug 13th 2020

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 parade with taper baton handle-Mfg 1943, excellent razor and l like the handle very much.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) excellent blade.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea - excellent scent with great lather qualities, I have to load the brush a little more to get that excellent creamy lather.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic - excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem jr 1912 with taper baton handle.
    [​IMG]

Droo78, Ijustmissedthe50s and GAW9576 like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Aug 17th 2020

Razor: Everready Streamline 2nd generation-Mfg 1949-53, good blade feel and can deliver a great shave,technique is all about this razor IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, sharp and great longevity.
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild scent with excellent lather properties.
    Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf 24 mm synthetic- great brush for creating lather with those cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG] Great shave with my A.S.R ER streamline 2nd gen.

[​IMG]

6. GAW9576

I missed Micromatic Monday here is my makeup shave.
    Gem Jr Bar with a fresh Gem SS PTFE blade.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

brit, Ron R and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MicroMaticMonday, Aug 24th 2020, Good morning to all!

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf Peerless model(17 nip safety bar instead of the 11 nip standard) -Mfg 1945- excellent mid range SE razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) Excellent blade as in sharpness, longevity, smoothness as it gets used + Cost per shave.
    Soap: Proraso green- I like to use this soap in summer and when need a change, Eucalyptus & menthol scented....
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic"Sagrada Familia" excellent for creating lather + those soft tips for painting.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
    Post shave: Alum indicated not much stinging!
    Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Peerless Clog Pruf.

[​IMG]

Have some Great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

8. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I have the standard version and have used it the past week and a half. Til this morning when the brass Karve came out. Love the Clog Pruf!

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  9. GAW9576

Here is another Missed Micromatic Monday Make up shave. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend.

Gem Jr Parade
    Cella
    Maggard's synthetic
    Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegital

Great shave with very little irritation even though it was a bit rushed.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thur, Aug 27th 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic OC- Mfg 1930-41 Great mid range razor, built very strong and still available at antique stores.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) Excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out as used & good cost per shave.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- mild scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft- reminds me of a boar brush with soft tips, makes great lather.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + followed by a dollop Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Micromatic open comb.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

brit, Ijustmissedthe50s and GAW9576 like this.
  11. GAW9576

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Aug 31st 2020- Goodmorning on this first frost day, seems a little early to me but it came this morning.

Razor: Gem Featherweight (1st generation)-Mfg 1950-52 (2nd gen 1953-54), excellent lower mid range IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) Excellent blade.
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch- excellent lather qualities with a nice mild clean appealing scent.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- Excellent brush to create lather and those cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
    Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + 1 small weeper= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st Gen.

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s, GAW9576 and brit like this.
  13. GAW9576

Early shave late posting. Gem 1912 with cast handle. This razor seems to be a bit more aggressive than my Gem Jr. The shave was great with only slight irritation on the really stubborn spots each side of my Adams apple.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Ron R and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Tue, Sept 1st 2020

Razor: Gem junior 1912 parade with Baton handle-Mfg 1943- mid range and a joy to use the tapered Baton handle.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity,predictable blade, excellent cost per shave.
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch- nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities!
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- creates excellent lather with nice soft tips for painting lather.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Jr parade 1912 baton handle.

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s and GAW9576 like this.
  15. MelC

MelC Member

Did that cast handle come on certain 1912 Gem models? I've not seen that before.

GAW9576 likes this.
  16. GAW9576

It was on it when I picked it up at an antique store os all I know. I think I've seen one or two others on auction sites.

MelC likes this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sat Aug,5th 2020

Razor: Gem Damaskeene 1912 open comb- Mfg 1912-15, this razor design became the bedrock of Gem MFG with a few improvements and variants over a 30+yr span!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) Excellent blade,very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity & predictable.
    Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- nice scent great protection.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm syn "Sargrada Familia" creates great lather and has cloud like soft tips I enjoy.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with wtch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Damaskeene OC
    1912-15 razor. I like this razor because it hits my sweet spot finish for a daily shaver.

[​IMG]

GAW9576 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MicroMaticMonday, Sep7th 2020 , or any ASR razor that holds a Gem Blade.

Razor: Star Bar #4 Lather catcher-Mfg 1920 by the Kampfee Brothers, one of the last models of lather catchers to leave their factory, Star was famous world wide for their lather catchers & earliest safety razors mfg in N.America.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) Excellent blade.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea [​IMG]- like the scent alot and it has great lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft black whiskers- Great brush, reminds me of my boar brush with soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Star bar #4 model L.Catcher !
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  19. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

That Star is such a beauty! Who makes stuff like that any more? Always amazes me that, in those days, even a safety razor could be a classy work of art.

Ron R, GAW9576, MelC and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

This razor is one of my best shavers also, I think they could make razors similar razors but they would CNC be produced and costs would be higher than these beauties, in the turn of the Century the razor Mfg's had better testing of razors possibly because labour was cheaper and they wanted their product to be wanted not dreaded like some very aggressive razor that are produced to day. They would test in house and also give some to clients IMO.
    Gillette testing new models.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s, GAW9576 and MelC like this.