Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thur, Sept 10th 2020

Razor: Gem Push Button- Mfg 1958-65, Excellent milder razor for a daily driver. I like the looks of black & gold Gem.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) Excellent blade.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender [​IMG] - nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi wolf whiskers 24mm synthetic- great brush that will lather any soap & cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. Have been going to a 2 pass lately.
    Post shave: Razorock king Louis Lavender + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Great shave with my Gem Pushbutton SE razor.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times!

2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Sept 14th 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf(Peerless model 17 nibs safety bar) Excellent mid range, Very smooth for a hybrid safety bar. Glade I purchased this one, solid brass.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) Excellent blade, smooth shave today!
    Soap: Razorock XXX, I really enjoy this one and will repurchase soon. Great scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic, excellent brush to lather with and those cloud like soft tips!
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs, + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with Gem MMCP(Peerless model).
    [​IMG]

3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

4. brit

brit in a box

GAW9576 likes this.
  5. GAW9576

Thank you. The 1914 is a great razor.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos200914.JPG

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #18
    Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

Today is Day 14 of SEptember. Up for the challenge today is my Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf.

The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #18 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Micromatic Flying Wing razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

This combination of of Snake Bite and Osage Rub will leave you weeping (in a good way). A most awesome combination for Menthol Monday.

7. GAW9576

Very cool. Thanks for joining us today.

Jayaruh likes this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Wed,Sept 16th, 2020

Razor: Eveready 1914, (Aka, little lather catcher)- Mfg 1914-17, mid range, excellent razor, love the audio feedback.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) excellent blade, great longevity,smoothness later on, verrry sharp, great cost per shave.
    Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- Great scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Cashmere 24mm synthetic- use it daily for brush washing my face with CeraVe hand soap, Excellent brush
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER 1914 LLC.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sat, Sept 19th,2020

Razor: Everready 1924(shovel head) with a ER Streamline strop handle- MFG 1924-33, mid range, a nice razor IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) Excellent blade in all charteristic's that make a great blade. Very sharp, longevity, predictable and smoothes out nicely.
    Soap: Tabac- mild clean flower scent with excellent lather qualities. Tripled milled that lasts a long long time.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm Sagrada Familia- Excellent lather maker with cloud like soft tips, a joy to paint lather.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with Cerave hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber splash with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER 1924 shovel head.
    SE SOTD, Sat, Sept 19 2020.jpg

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Sept 21st 2020

Razor: Micromatic open comb(bumps)-MFG 1930-2 bumbless,1932-41 bump shims, excellent mid range.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) Excellent blade, longevity, very sharp, smooths out over # shaves, predictable......
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- very excellent soap for protection with a mild scent of bayrum.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm syn with black marble handle - It just feels great in my hand + cloud like soft tips [​IMG] .
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor(RR version of Adventis)with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my MMOC.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

11. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

I know this isn't a "brush thread", but I really like this brush! What is it?

GAW9576 likes this.
  12. GAW9576

I love this razor and it usually shaves fantastic. However the blades let me down today. Or maybe my technique was just really off. I started with a 6th use Gem SS. It was tuggy and rough. I wetted down the Tabac a bit more thinking it may have just been a bit on the dry side. I also switched to a new Pal carbon and concentrated more on what I was doing. Another rough pass. Ended up with a fair bit of irritation on my neck. Oh well can't win them all.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

13. GAW9576

That is a brush a friend on another forums made. I don't remember the wood types. It's a Maggard's synthetic knot though.

cpool222 likes this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Wed, Sept23rd 2020

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Generation[​IMG]- Mfg 1950-52, 2nd Gen1952-54(different cap), excellent lower mid range, great results 98%+.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Excellent blade, good longevity, very sharp, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irsh Countryside - mild scent with excellent lather qualities- very slick IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic - excellent at making great lather + cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results:CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent Shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st Gen.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  15. GAW9576

Today's shave was great. The Gem Featherweight Deluxe is a fantastic razor for breaking in a fresh blade. I've had trouble getting a good lather with a boar brush before. However today's lather was wonderful. Perhaps it was that I soaked the boar much longer today. Or maybe the Wickham should be credited. Regardless of what caused this change it was a much welcome one.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

16. GAW9576

I had a great shave this morning with The Gem Jr. Bar. What a truly spectacular razor. LaToja was face lathered with a Maggards synthetic. A 2nd use Gem SS PTFE provided perfect cutting performance. And Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal lotion finished things off.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Sept28,2020- Today using one of my other A.S.R Corporation razors, change up!

Razor: Everready 1912- MFG in England 1936-53, one of the best handles to hold for grip and it's a 1912 a perfect razor to own.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3)- Excellent blade in all aspects, sharp, longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable +cost per/shave is on par with most DE blades IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- one of my favorites-manly scent IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm syn- Sagrada Familia named after a famous Cathedral in Barcelona Spain I once visited
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm, a nice way to end a excellent shave.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER 1912, great way to start the day.
    [​IMG]

18. GAW9576

Another great Gem shave this morning. This time the Gem Featherweight Deluxe delivered a delightful shave.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober5, 2020

Razor: Gem Damaskeene open comb- MFG 1912-15, very nice lower Mid range razor, this razor & improved Variant's made GEM MFG prosper for decades.
    Soap: Proraso Red Sandalwood, nice mild scent, with great slickness for protection.
    Brush:Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot syn Sagrada Familia- Excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips for lather painting.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red Sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Damaskeene 1912, the real McCoy 1912. Winter comes along my beard gets drier and tougher it seems. Results get weaker IMO.
    [​IMG]

20. GAW9576

After a great shave yesterday all that was needed today was a light clean up. The MMOC may have been a little overkill for the job. However the same was very enjoyable.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

jimjo1031, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.