September 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Will you use a single edge this month?

1. Yup, that's all I will use...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Of course... I always use one single edge...at a time.;-)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. My SE razors are Cutthroats, so natch...

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I think I'll mix up my gear...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. I am going to use all of my razors, both single and double edge...

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Where do I pick up the medal I won from last month?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Must we suffer another month of Primo's introductions? He doesn't even provide cookies.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Great job, Charlie - even with the mishap. The SRX is an unforgiving master. Love the comics today, too.

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

True. It's a good thing that MWF has a secondary market in flying insect control. I'm not sure they would have survived all these years otherwise.

jtspartan, clint64, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

i like proraso pre shave.i use it way less today but still use it with lesser soaps or quick shaves..nice stuff..:)

jgreenepa, clint64, Droo78 and 4 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

that's how williams survived,that and furniture leveling..;)..

5. FaceScraper

The Supply is a great razor. It's one that will always stay in the den. Except when it gets called upon for travel shaves. :D

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Sept 16 G7DC #4

Straight Razor Shave #206
    Max Sprecher 10/8 Half Hollow Barber's Notch
    Catie's Bubbles Tuxedo Brush
    Stirling Spice SS and AS

Good afternoon guys! I was going to shave this evening, but I have a lunch date with a lady friend. She is not a romantic interest to me. It's an under 30 hr stubble so I only needed 2 passes to give me a BBS- shave without touchups. TBH, I still looked socially acceptable without shaving, but I rarely used Mad Max when the stubble is light. However, it did work well for me so I am quite surprised by it. There was a tiny weep on my chin, but it disappeared on its own. I did hit it with the styptic as a precaution. Splashed on the aftershave and I am out the door. Have a nice afternoon guys! 20200914_221523.jpg

7. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Joe,have a nice time..:)

8. FaceScraper

I meant to post a shave yesterday, and never got around to it. That's OK...today's shave was the same setup (except for the AS).
    This Schick G8 is a mean little monster. Polar opposite of the G1 (at least I think it's a G1). There is a ton of blade feel, to the point of being harsh. I can't see where efficiency is increased either. It's just harsh for the sake of being harsh. It got me where I wanted to go, however, I can't say that the ride there was enjoyable. This holds true for yesterday and today. I'm clean and smooth without irritation, which is a plus. Save for a small weeper, there wasn't any drama in either shave.
    On a good note, another sample soap (Stirling Bergamot Lavender) has been killed off. I set the imaginary switch on the side of the T3 brush to "Destroy Mode" and loaded until the last little dab was gone. Zero complaints about the lather it produced. Since there was a ton left, I also shaved the back of my neck, and still had a bunch to wash down the drain. Tomorrow another sample will be picked out to work through.

Have a great Wednesday, fellas!
    IMG_1588.jpeg

wristwatchb, Trigger, b1hart and 7 others like this.
  9. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

wristwatchb, Trigger, brit and 6 others like this.
  10. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

:happy088:

Trigger, brit, jluc and 3 others like this.
  11. FaceScraper

Wonderful Mad Max shave, Joe! Enjoy your lunch date. Good thing you didn't choose Hai Karate aftershave. She'd be all over you.

12. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Sounds like me! I’ve been a cold water shaver all my life! Never liked the barber hot towel thing! I go for a professional barber shave of dome and face every couple of months, although with this plague, I haven’t been since February of this year. The barber always shakes his head at me when I refuse the whole hot towel thing! I prefer he massage Argan oil in. Feels better too! Cold water all the way!!

FaceScraper, Trigger, brit and 3 others like this.
  13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

In just 24 hours, this thread grew by 14 pages that I did just finish going through. Excellents posts everyone!

[​IMG]

14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

They made some great commercials!

FaceScraper, Trigger, brit and 3 others like this.
  15. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I believe you meant Tabac, Charlie! MWF has no stench associated with it. :p There you did it! You provoked me! Are you happy with yourself? :D

16. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

A face shave so good the head stayed bald out of fear.

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Mad Max. :happy096:

FaceScraper, Trigger, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Shave
    #SEptember
    #G7DC (day 5)

Everything went as planned for today's shave. Same gear as the past 4 days. Same great results with a true 3 pass shave (not just 3 latherings with buffing and overshaving).

SOTD 09.16.2020.jpg

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful photo Bruce. The T3 will flat eat through some soap.

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That's the ticket but a yellow and white Bic disposable.

Droo78, dvdhviid, jtspartan and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.