September 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Will you use a single edge this month?

1. Yup, that's all I will use...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Of course... I always use one single edge...at a time.;-)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. My SE razors are Cutthroats, so natch...

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I think I'll mix up my gear...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. I am going to use all of my razors, both single and double edge...

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Where do I pick up the medal I won from last month?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Must we suffer another month of Primo's introductions? He doesn't even provide cookies.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks gentlemen. It was a very nice shave, but shavettes will penalize the slightest lapse in technique. I look forward to the second half of the focus to see if I can string a few error-free shaves back-to-back. I plan to switch over to my Feather Artist Club SS razor after two more shaves with the SRX. My OCD won't allow me to leave an unused half DE blade in the Den. :)

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 4 others like this.
  2. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very fun Charlie!

I found this Citizen ProMaster Sailor Edition....oooh, aaaah....a few $ less than a new fully loaded (with trade in) Apple Series 6 would be.

One thing that really gets under my skin is when features are taken away....like for example, a simple thing known as the day and date. I am a big fan of many things Apple, but their watch faces.....suck. I use the infograph watch face. It shows me the weather, time, alarm, sunrise/sunset (and time til), current heart rate, battery level, daily exercise goal, and short cut/alerts for text messages. 8 customizable 'complications' plus the time. Tons of customization. Watch OS (software) 6 there was an option to show day/date as a 'complication'. GONE in Watch OS 7 for a complication in the infograph watch face (have to use a basic watch face). WHA?!? was the thinking on that? Rant over......

On the other thinking....this would be tack sharp with a black leather band. Same rocket scientist manual though.....

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 4.40.05 PM.png

3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Yup! I remember her asking me if I wanted to taste her kool aid, and the next thing I know I'm marching down the aisle for the second time in my life. Ben was my best man!

4. brit

brit in a box

yes they do..how one addresses the razor in hand determines the shave..i am glad you are enjoying your straights.you choose what edge it has and how you administer it..:)

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  5. jgreenepa

I have the Apple watch 4. SWMBO bought it for Christmas for me. I'm thinking of trading it in for the new one, it has a built in Oximeter. Useful function in these plague times.

FaceScraper, b1hart, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  6. jgreenepa

Yes, Gary, I suppose competent folks do that. I've only been at it for about five months or so, so I definitely don't fit into the latter category. I am feeling much better about the DX though. I'm still VBBS and it's almost 12 hours after my shave. I usually have some residual stubble by this point. Who knows, maybe I won't have any stubble to shave tomorrow morning. I do have the residual stubble on my dome which is heavier than usual since I didn't shave it today. Worse comes to worst, I'll at least be able to do a head shave. :)

7. wristwatchb

Cool Citizen, Blair!

Including day and date on a conventional watch face is very subjective. Some people love 'em, but others don't. And it really does depend on the overall watch style. But on an Apple (feature-packed) watch, I agree it should be included.

FaceScraper, b1hart, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  8. jgreenepa

Great shave, Evan! Feather Pros never lasted more than about 3 or 4 shaves for me. Schick Prolines on the other hand have much more staying power. They used to be my regular AC blade until I fell for Feather Supers for my AC safety razors.

9. jgreenepa

Great looking watch, Jason!

FaceScraper, MrEE, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

that is cool Jeff.maybe a nicer dome shave due to longer growth.love all the variables..i have had finer shaves if i skip a day..:)

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  11. wristwatchb

I'm a sports watch guy, but here's my dream dress watch. No date and no flames, though.

As a retired Kentucky hillbilly, I'd have exactly NO places to wear a watch like this and NO clothes to go with it. And yes I have toyed with the thought of getting one. Don't think it will happen, though.

1.jpg

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 6 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

i know they are nice and formal,refined:) ,but they lack character..kind of boring..prefer the dive watch look myself..;)

13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Oh my.....that's.....um......'oly mackerel.....wow. It is absolutely stunning Charlie! I had no idea of it's $ though. Still in sticker shock. :eek: You should wear it anywhere! Definitely one of those if you have to ask it's price.....well.....

I've always been in the diver/sailor/chronograph watch world. But, in a simpler, hopefully refined look. Some are completely overdone.

The decision on the Watch OS day/date option removal just baffles me. I mean, if I can show the battery level (and 500+ other complications from watch enabled apps), why can't I show the day/date? Ugh. Sigh....:angry032: :prrr: . FWP.

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 5 others like this.
  14. wristwatchb

Not me, Gary. I like to keep things formal.

Submariner.jpg Speedmaster.jpg

15. wristwatchb

Beware of any watch that is accompanied by a 10-minute commercial which evokes tears of joy. The craftsmanship and materials of construction on this watch is unparalleled, IMO, and it is priced accordingly. It's one of the brand's entry-level models. :)

I'd watch the secondary and gray market for this one, if I was serious. I'm not, but I really admire the brand and the simple aesthetic of this model.

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 5 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

that's more like it.i hope to inherit a 1949 oyster..:)..but in a good way..the original owner is long gone..:)

17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

You are too much Charlie! God has to do many things in my life for me to be blessed in that way. I know that with God all things are possible, but I am a confirmed bachelor and at this point, it's His will in my life.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  18. brit

brit in a box

daily shaving helps..;)

19. Trigger

Wonderful shave Evan and that razor is a beauty! The old-fashioned barber towel as a backdrop is a nice touch!

FaceScraper, MrEE, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  20. Trigger

The woman that I like doesn't have the same feelings for me. She was explicit when she told me 7 years ago. I recently broke off my casual acquaintance/ friendship with her because of other reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.