September 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Will you use a single edge this month?

1. Yup, that's all I will use...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Of course... I always use one single edge...at a time.;-)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. My SE razors are Cutthroats, so natch...

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I think I'll mix up my gear...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. I am going to use all of my razors, both single and double edge...

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Where do I pick up the medal I won from last month?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Must we suffer another month of Primo's introductions? He doesn't even provide cookies.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Normally, I would agree with you Jeff, but there are things that prevent me from finding someone.

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  2. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very nice Charlie! Great video. Completely appreciate the craftsmanship, materials, and process of fine timepieces. They are 'living'' artwork if you will.

3. Trigger

Gee, you really drank the Kool-Aid! Glad it worked out for you!

4. Trigger

I can see why you would like this watch because it is classy. Although I am not a watchwearer, I prefer analog timepieces.

5. brit

brit in a box

they are a fickle sex.with ulterior motives..be careful..;)..my rich bachelor bro has lot's of issues he deals with..they all seem innocent..i love mine but i own near nothing .so it's not for money..:)

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

G7DC

The Adventures of Max Headroom Day 6

20200916_102647-1.jpeg

The brush didn't make the photo shoot today. Timely minded help is rare these days.

I've read many times when users of diverse modern razors use the term "getting it dialed in" in regards to the acclimatization period sometimes encountered in new gear. I've never doubted it.

This short focus has served me well. Day 6 was the top shave in the set. Having "dialed in" my pressure and angle, I was able to able to pull off some ATG Gillette slide moves that just may have delivered the comfortable cotton ball smooth finish. I did actually do the cotton ball test a couple of times, just to see, but prefer to pursue comfort in shaves.

The Gillette New is loved by many. I've been guilty 'gear jumping' around this tool without taking the time to actually learn it.

Many here practice the principles of one brush, one soap, one razor, and one type of blade routinely. Historically, I've been lax. I have a few other DE's to work on in the future.

Some tools seem to be so natural and intuitive in delivering great shaves. I'm not sure if I can make improvements on stuff that already works so well for me, but I'll find out.

Tomorrow is #7 for me. I'll use the Astra on 4 this time.

Stirling Island Man is mask friendly.

7. Trigger

So does having a great pension, being tall and having strong rugged features.

8. brit

brit in a box

watch for the gold diggers my friend..;)

9. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

The Calatrava is far from a sports watch, Charlie! I wore one for the five years prior to retirement. Ben has it now, and wears it at work! His company, Snowflake, just had their IPO, and he’s sitting pretty.

10. Trigger

I am going to withhold my comments because it is the right thing to do.

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Very cool!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. brit

brit in a box

very cool Bill.glad you made great progress with a 90 year old technology razor..speaks volumes about acquiring one and learning to use it..:)..may not be your favorite but practice works..

13. Trigger

Glad you had an awesome shave with that razor Bill!

14. Trigger

I don't have to worry because those 3 items are not applicable to me.

15. brit

brit in a box

my only comment would be..ask Jimmy Swaggart.if Tammy had fluttered more than just her fake eyelashes he may not have strayed..no more said..:)

16. brit

brit in a box

don't play coy now Joe..you already said your bit..:)..i agree with you for the most part.

17. Trigger

It was a shame that happened, and it prevented many people from coming or going to the Lord. We look to our spiritual leaders as models and that's fine, but they get tempted and act on it for whatever the reason. I have done things that were not proper so I can't throw stones at anyone.

FaceScraper, clint64 and brit like this.
  18. Trigger

Lol!

19. brit

brit in a box

myself as well.but when you are rich you can get away with it..that's the moral of this story..poor followers go to hell and burn..

FaceScraper, clint64 and jgreenepa like this.
  20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Bill, the New LC is my favorite Gillette safety razor. I’m glad it’s coming together for you. I’m hoping that is true of the DX in my case! Great shave!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.