How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Ok, I know there's a couple of different schools of thought on this issue, but when it comes to "burning in" a new pair of headphones (whether it really works or not) I would have thought someone would have made a website that just plays a continuous break-in loop of certain frequencies so you can just pull the page up, plug in your headphones and walk away for a day or two. How has this niche not been filled?

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

headphone burn-in???

seriously?

never heard of such a thing

(Where's our audiophile Jen when we need her? which is, of course, everyday, just like every other (once-)proud HYD member?)

3. micah1_8

Maybe we should streak the thread again?

4. sol92258

you ain't lyin'. this is frighteningly scary

5. micah1_8

The idea of us streaking? Yeah, I suppose that is terrifying to some. :happy102

6. Unit 91

Unit 91 New Member

Crappy. That's how my day was. Utterly shite. A waste of time. Unworthy of remembering.

7. micah1_8

So, how do you tell a family member that you're sick of getting up at 5:00 am to keep their kid? Further, how do you... ah nevermind, I don't want to be that guy... so I'll just say this:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

8. micah1_8

I'm feeling you on this one...

9. sol92258

easy - start your next conversation with:

"Hey! I need to share with you everything I'm learning about in my new Scientology group!"

10. sol92258

at least it wasn't runny...

11. sol92258

...in bed!

12. Unit 91

Unit 91 New Member

I am in desperate need need of a break from reality.

13. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

Just got back from class... strangely exhilarating having 25 adults sit quietly in a room and listen to you rant about politics for two hours. And what's really funny? Some of them were taking notes. :happy088 Oh, and what's funnier? Knowing they are all paying money to listen to me rant about politics for two hours. And funnier? That a college will pay me to rant about politics for two hours.

Good night. :signs068

14. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

that's what Lent is for.

how'd you swing that deal? Sounds pretty sweet.

15. micah1_8

An open letter to NBC about Shaun White and MS Silverlight

Dear NBC,

Ours has been, as of late, a tenuous relationship. Since Seinfeld left you, you just haven't been the same. I have found my interest in you waining over the last several years, and have had little reason to visit with you. You continue to hang out with people like Traci Morgan, Alec Baldwin, and Tina Fey, and I can't really condone that. I won't even mention what you do on Saturday nights! Let's just say that I, and a whole lot of other sensible people, don't find it funny, and we wish you would change something. The whole "situation" with the guy with the gigantic chin and the other guy with the freakish red hair a few weeks ago hasn't help your image any. Now you're saying I can't even watch your redheaded kid do his amazing stunts in the backyard unless I put on special silver clothes. This wouldn't be so bad, but you've been putting up fliers all over town bragging about how awesome your child is. Do you know how uncomfortable those special clothes are? My friend Linus can barely even wear them!! Poor Mr. Toorvalds, I bet he'd enjoy watching Shaun's magic show. I'm very disappointed in you, NBC--very disappointed, indeed.

I can't be your friend until you change,
    micah1_8

16. sol92258

I must be slow today....I was with you until the "redheaded kid" and "special silver clothes" bit - can't be Conan, since he's gone...or is it?
    I'm confrused...

17. micah1_8

Shaun White---microsoft Silverlight.

18. sol92258

ahh, got the Shaun White part from the context now....but what does Silverlight have to do with it?
    Have you tried Silverlight? Me neither....:rofl

19. sol92258

20. micah1_8

If you go to nbc's website and try to watch highlights, it wants you to install silverlight. boooooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.