How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

right...I think it's one of the other suggested videos.....:D

2. sol92258

"My computer needs more power. Feed it chips. Lots of chips. With ketchup. Not mayonnaise."

3. sol92258

sup Jason, you heard about sleeptalkinman?

4. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Not until now, but I just bookmarked it!! Funny stuff. How you been, Jim?

5. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

It's called "college professor." :D At least the politics were on topic, er uh, subject. :happy088

6. sol92258

busy busy...just finished cookin' and eatin' scrambled eggs, fried eggs, sausage, bacon, gravy, biscuits, jelly, honey....

still gotta clean up, but first - Wii Sports Resort needs to be opened and played!
    love Saturday's without much to do :D

7. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Quiet 'round here lately. Must be the pickles.

8. mhdagley

mhdagley Member

got called in to work 5 hours early but got to leave 4 hours early.
    I just played music through my hd650s, need to get an amp for that...
    I think vlc autoskips that not 100% tho

9. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

:happy093

10. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

JENN!!!!!!

Where ya been, stranger?!?

Unrelated thought:

Yesterday was not a great day. Remember my AAARRRGGHHH moment the other day? Well, my brother and his wife popped a schedule change on us for monday, even though they knew it was coming for a couple of weeks. My wife, God love her, is a schedule person. Things are figured out to the minute sometimes, and she doesn't appreciate pop schedule changes. My brother and his wife don't respect that, nor do they respect us. They don't really show any appreciation for the fact that one or the other of us gets up at 5:00 to babysit and get the kids ready for school and take them to school, then pick them up after school and stay with them until Momma gets home at 8:00 (or later, depending on if she has errands to run, hopefully she'll call to let us know). It's hardly worth the paltry $20 to $25 (depending on what kind of mood she's in when she writes the check.)

Now, let's be clear. I don't mind helping out. I love my nephews. But a person can only bend so much. It ends up causing stress in the prevert household (Which, btw is child-free for a reason) which leads to arguments and hurt feelings. This time was just too much. After a good row, I finally went over to my brother's and told him to find someone else to keep the kids from now on. Now I'm riddled with guilt and anxious over the whole situation (because that's the way I am).

The whole situation is just miserable.

On an even unrelated-er note:

Picked up a pair of these for a fiver at Big Lots. They're pretty awesome for the price.

11. sol92258

hehehehehe, [FONT=verdana,arial][​IMG][/FONT] you're stickin' woodies in your ears! :happy102

12. micah1_8

I figured you'd have fun with my woodies. ;)

13. sol92258

saying of which, you need to come over and retrieve your fatboy, and grab a sample of my "the thing"....

14. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

:eek:
    Ummmm... I just don't think so...

and certainly not in bed!

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Now You're talking! Of course, between old school razors and pens, half of us are transmitting on analog already!

Just got wife a new netbook for her birthday. The first thing I did when I got a chance to play with it... see how it would run without winblows...

16. sol92258

hmmm, sorry...selective listening....:rolleyes:

17. micah1_8

:mad: :angry019 :angry032 :angry021 :angry017 :signs131 :think001

Would you believe I had a flat tire on my way to church tonight?

The one friggen time I don't have a cell phone with me...

So, I move all the crap from behind the seat, get the puny jack out, lower the donut, scrape my knuckles to crap trying to work that stupid little twisty jack... get the flat off, just as I suspected, I've been driving with too little pressure in the tire for too long, wore out the sidewall, nobody to blame but me... get the spare mounted, just tightening up the last lugnut when a friend from church pulls over to check on me...

"Naah, I've got it now. Thanks though, just locking in the spare, I don't need any fix-a-flat. Thanks though!"

He drives off.

You know where this is going, right?

Lower the jack...

Son. Of. A...

Thankfully, I was within walking distance of a friend's house who happened to have an air compressor and portable tank.

Red letter weekend indeed.

18. sol92258

hey! where'd my air compressor and portable tank go !?!?!?!?!

no folks, I was kidding...but I of course would've lent a hand for sure.

sorry for the rough weekend, Micah. had a couple myself a while back (flat tires - one on the way to another campus at work, the other on the way to my daughter's Nutcracker performance in TXK...lots of fortunates there - I never put the jack and spare up after the first flat tire, saved some time - was only 3 minutes from house, able to change tire, get home, and swap cars real quick - she was only 10 minutes late, and fortunately her part wasn't til the 2nd half anyway....

but, that doth sucketh mucheth. glad you survived - at least it was warm today

19. sol92258

FUUUUUUUDDDGGGGEEEEEEE!

Our Jurassic Park DVD is missing...I've nearly turned the house inside out looking for it.
    where is it?
    there's nothing in the office/computer/junk room that is in it's same place it was this morning.
    I've looked through every CD, DVD, & video game case in the house.
    looked through half the VHS cases, too.

carp

20. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

hey :) I've been around.... busy semester. How have you been? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.