Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 23rd Sept.

Simpson Chubby 1 /Maggards 2band
    Williams Mug soap
    Schick I1
    Schick S/S Twin- Japan [ 8 ]
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

This is a nice compact Razor which takes a Twin blade, and might appeal to those wishing to try a Twin Blade but are not keen on longer handled Injectors. I think it is a bit more aggressive than my N3, but it delivers a good close shave without any fuss.

IMG_1040.jpg

Jim99, GAW9576, 120inna55 and 7 others like this.
  2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

:signs001: Gary :happy088:

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hello Chris, I was hesitant when first purchasing Colonel Conk because it was cheap and not talked mush about 2 years ago, It has been in use for many years and I find it one of my better soaps in that it does not dry out my skin and protection is great. I'm using a Razorock Wunderbar slant with Colonel conk recently and gave very good protection and the razor will bite when something is not right. Good soap in my opinion and has a nice mild Bayrum scent.
    I use a synthetic brush with almost all my soaps, any brush will be OK with this soap IMO.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Jim99, GAW9576 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

You enjoy that razor because as you might know the Gem lather catchers were based off the straight razor with the WEDGE blade. If you have a wedge blade it will slip in that razor no problem. Wedge blade looks just like a straight razor but just shorter. I bought a Star bar#4 lather catcher Mfg 1920 with case and it came with a new wedge blade.
    Wedge blades were possibly being made up until the 1920's
    That sure is a nice Gem Jr bar you have, I also have one and it will not be for sale hopefully in my life time.
    Star Catcher 1919 no4 model (2).jpg

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Wed, Sept23rd 2020

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Generation[​IMG]- Mfg 1950-52, 2nd Gen1952-54(different cap), excellent lower mid range, great results 98%+.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Excellent blade, good longevity, very sharp, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irsh Countryside - mild scent with excellent lather qualities- very slick IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic - excellent at making great lather + cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results:CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent Shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st Gen.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Jim99, GAW9576, 120inna55 and 4 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Jim..:cool:

Jim99 and GAW9576 like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

very cool..:cool:

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  8. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Today's shave was great. The Gem Featherweight Deluxe is a fantastic razor for breaking in a fresh blade. I've had trouble getting a good lather with a boar brush before. However today's lather was wonderful. Perhaps it was that I soaked the boar much longer today. Or maybe the Wickham should be credited. Regardless of what caused this change it was a much welcome one.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

9. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Greg..:cool:

GAW9576 likes this.
  10. GAW9576

Thank you Gary.

brit likes this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Thank you!

brit and GAW9576 like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Gem Clog Pruf mk2, gem stainless ptfe blade, shave 2
    gcpp.jpg

Still one of the best milder unknown razors ever made. Most people don't even know that there are multiple iterations of the Clog Pruf let alone they shave differently. End result a BBS finish was achieved.

It is a really good razor and shame Gem didn't stick with the design longer than they did. This iteration came onto market about Christmas time of 1945 and lasted 1 year until it was succeeded by the flying wing with the guiding eye in 1947.

If anyone who reads this decides they are in the market for one this is how to identify it from the mk1.
    gcppp.jpg
    The mk1 is on the left and mk2 on the right.

The mk1 only came in chrome and the mk2 in what is called gold colored in marketing speak aka unplated brass. The other key difference is the teeth on the guards, the mk1 has less teeth than a mk2 as can be seen in this picture.

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

SEptember 24th
    Razor: Blackland Vector
    Blade: Kai Captain (2)
    Brush: Grizzly Bay Biblical
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
    Stirling Orange Chill Witch Hazel
    Stirling Glacial Balm
    AS: Stirling Bergamot Lavender

Stirling SEptember

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BigD, Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and 7 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    GZD Berber Stick
    Jayaruh #415
    Pal Injecto-matic
    Personna injector
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman Vanilla

Today is Day 24 of SEptember. Up for the challenge today is my Pal Injecto-matic.

The GZD Berber Stick face-lathered well with Jayaruh #415 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Pal Injecto-matic razor with a Personna injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Vanilla. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

BigD, Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and 6 others like this.
  15. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Phoenix Shaving | Blue Samhain
    Phoenix Shaving | The Starcraft | Roswell Hybrid Synth
    Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

[​IMG]

16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Your pictures are always stunning, Matt. Beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  17. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir. Someone previously asked me to take a shot demonstrating the translucency of the Enders. Given that I'm a hack and not a real photographer, that shot had been elusive. I think I captured it this time, but it was purely accidental. I had taken the standard shot, but as I was turning off the the 3 shop lights, I saw this.

GAW9576 and jluc like this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 24th Sept.

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
    P & B Citra Royale
    Schick Type " O" Clone
    Schick S/S Twin -Japan [ 13]
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I am not sure if anyone has a clue as to where this Cloned Type O was made, I do know it is rather good. This is a Razor which I can use before a special occasion, knowing full well that I can work away merrily without any fear of harm/irritation, and clear all whiskers away even from the stubborn areas,
    Going out to night so had a lovely mid afternoon Shave, and heading for the Shower with a rather squeaky clean face.

IMG_1042.jpg

19. GAW9576

Wow. That is exactly what I was hoping to see when I asked for a shot showing the translucency. I think the yellow Enders is one of the most beautiful razors out there. I really wish I could find one. However they have eluded me so far. I did pick up some very interesting material and a donor Enders that had a good head but not great standard black handle. I plan on making myself a resonable substitute.

Jim99 and 120inna55 like this.
  20. GAW9576

Actually I have 2 Gen 1s in raw brass. The only way I know of to distinguish Gen 1s from Gen 2s is counting the teeth. I've heard the Gen 2s referred to as the Peerless modle. Unfortunately I do not have a Gen 2 YET.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Jayaruh, Electrif, BigD and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.