Unique Old Spice, and Avon Bottles/Decanters, And Finds

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 29, 2017.

1. brit

brit in a box

very cool Myles.i would try to lather it a couple of times first before you toss it..or grate it into a bowl and soak it a bit.you never know..;)..unless you have a few refills, then..

2. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Yea I'l soak it first as a whole puck, If that doesn't work I'll grate it up and then soak. Thanks for the help Gary!

brit likes this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

If you decide to toss it I’ll PM you my address.

myles wilson and brit like this.
  4. myles wilson

yea that's fine If the puck doesn't work for me I'll send you it.

brit and John Beeman like this.
  5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I wasn't exactly serious. I've never had a vintage Old Spice puck that didn't work. Usually they don't have much scent but you can always put a few drops of aftershave on top of the puck before making your lather.

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I personally wouldn’t throw out the soap..... probably fine.

:)

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  7. myles wilson

I’ll try to give it a try
    [​IMG]

8. myles wilson

any troubles lathering that dried up one on the left?

cliffb599 likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just let it soak a bit then go for it.

:eatdrink013:

10. myles wilson

yessir!

Enrico and brit like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

You can even add a few drops of the Shulton made Old Spice to it, and cover the container up, then let it soak in. This refreshes the scent.

12. myles wilson

Good point.

brit likes this.
  13. myles wilson

So I got the mug in yesterday. Ran it under some hot water, lathered up great. Had a little bit of it’s original scent left

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  14. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Question for you Avon guys and gals...I just purchased an 8oz, green, glass bottle of Avon Captain's Choice After Shower Cologne. Nowhere on the label is the word "spicy" used. I've seen plenty of the same bottles with the words Spicy After Shave Captains Choice on them. Is Capatin's Choice the name of the actual scent? And is it a spice type of scent? Im having a tough time finding info on the scent of what I got, not really the bottle.
    Edit: I was just looking on the bay and found the same bottle style full of AvonCaptains Choice Original After Shave Lotion. No mention of the word Spicy. Is this still all just a basically spice scent?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    cliffb599 and myles wilson like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

How does it smell?

Mine say's "Captain's Choice Aftershave Lotion Spicy" like this

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  16. Ijustmissedthe50s

I haven't received it yet. Its funny, but I cant find anything when I google the scent. Theres no word spicy on the label at all. Its an "After Bath Cologne", whatever that is lol. And theres no word spicy on the a/s I found but havent purchased. I have seen the ones with the word spicy. Im guessing its all the same stuff...spice scent, just with label changes but I wouldnt know why they would do that.

Enrico likes this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Avon made most of their men's scents in both aftershave and cologne; I have a few in both.

:happy088:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  18. Ijustmissedthe50s

Yeppers. I do too, in the more well known scents of theirs. Guess Id just never heard it referred to as "after bath" lol. Thats how its printed on the label. I hope its the same concentration as their other vintage colognes. I love those. What Im trying to figure out is why two labels exist. One says "spicy" on it...like yours, and the one im waiting on just says Captains Choice After Bath Cologne...without the word "Spicy". Then the a/s I saw on the bay just says" Captains Choice After Shave", again without the word "Spicy" on the label. So I'm hoping "Captains Choice" is all a spice type scent, just with different label wording.

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

And they also had Spicy and Brisk Spice, that really smelled the same to me.

:signs002:

DaltonGang and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  20. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Avon made same shaped bottle, that they put several different scents inside. My favorite is "Spicy", as well as "Island Lime".