September 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Will you use a single edge this month?

1. Yup, that's all I will use...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Of course... I always use one single edge...at a time.;-)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. My SE razors are Cutthroats, so natch...

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I think I'll mix up my gear...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. I am going to use all of my razors, both single and double edge...

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Where do I pick up the medal I won from last month?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Must we suffer another month of Primo's introductions? He doesn't even provide cookies.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Good shave, Paul!

brit, FaceScraper, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Just Awesome Jason!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtspartan, brit, jluc and 3 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Congrats on your weight loss Joe!

brit, JACarbone, jluc and 3 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

Congratulations, Charlie! Keep on keepin’ on!

wristwatchb, brit, jluc and 3 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe.

brit, jluc, FaceScraper and 2 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful photo and shave Blair. Love the kami.

brit, jluc, FaceScraper and 3 others like this.
  7. Trigger

Sensational shave Jeff!

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic Jeff. Congrats on the new razor. It’s a beauty.

9. jgreenepa

Another great shave with your awesome implement of whisker destruction, Joe. Enjoy your day, my friend!

brit, jluc, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  10. Trigger

Thank you Jeff and to you as well! I am off to 7-11 to pick up my coffee and the paper and then the gym.

Edison Carter, brit, jluc and 3 others like this.
  11. jgreenepa

Wow, the stock ticker model of weight loss with the proviso that the focus is on shorting (i.e. puts vs calls)! :D

12. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe, it was pretty amazing!

Trigger, brit, jluc and 2 others like this.
  13. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

I haven't had the chance to post the last couple of days, and just catching back up was a challenge in itself. Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment on some of the SOTD's, etc.

And here we are at the end of September already. Where did the month go? This month my shaves focused on using up some soap samples - which I did. I'm not sure how many of them...six, seven....?
    What I didn't plan on is doing the entire month with SE razors, let alone doing 14 shaves straight with the Sabre (with the same blade nonetheless).

Today's shave is the exact same setup (with the same incredible results) as yesterday. The big reddish-orange bowl contains a Stirling soap sample, which I'm pretty certain is "Varen" - before it was "Varen". It was labelled "Fern something or other". A friend received it with an order he placed, and he hated the scent, even without unwrapping it. This sample should've been my first in line to finish off. I want that big bowl out of the "den". It hogs up too much space in my bins. There's enough left for at least one more shave, if not two. I'll finish it off, then it's back to the "regular" full-sized tubs again.

Anyway...great month, guys! I was able to "play along" more than I thought possible. Thanks for having me...and tolerating my long-winded posts.
    Have a great Wednesday, fellas!
    IMG_1640.jpeg

14. jgreenepa

Thanks, Clint; it is new as are pretty much all my straights, but I have shaved with it before. The only difference is that my honemeister son worked his magic this time. The shave was much superior to the Sprecher edge, although in all fairness to Max, I have no idea how long ago he honed the razor, and what kind of maintenance was provided over the 5 or 6 shaves by the previous owner.

Edison Carter, Trigger, brit and 3 others like this.
  15. jgreenepa

Great shave, Bruce! Just out of curiosity, did you get more shaves out of the PTFE blades?

16. jgreenepa

That brush is beautiful, Gary! It does look like a super lathering tool! Beautiful blue palette photography featuring your great kit. Good morning to you, and good afternoon to me!

Trigger, brit, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  17. FaceScraper

Wonderful shave, Jeff! Today's razor is a beaut! You continue to impress me with your use of straights.

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo and shave Bruce. Wow. 14 shaves in the same blade. Bravo.

19. FaceScraper

Thanks, Jeff! If my math is correct, today was the 14th shave on the blade. Usually, every other shave, I also do the back of my neck too. The blade is still going fine, even though it seems it's losing a little bit of efficiency. It'll still get you where you wanna be, just takes a little more work. I'll continue to press the blade to see how much more I can get out of it - for science.

I have an order of 200 more on the way. FWIW - if anyone orders from Ted Pella, be aware that they do not show the shipping costs when you place the order. Turns out, the shipping alone is about $15. Plus they charge tax. I could've gotten them cheaper from Connaught in the UK. Oh well...not gonna cry over a few bucks. Chances are, I won't ever have to order GEM blades again (unless I'd solely use GEM razors the rest of my life).

20. FaceScraper

Thank you, Clint! Over at DFS, it's been discussed that some guys are getting 20+ shaves consistently from a GEM PTFE blade. Today's shave was still very smooth, and the resulting shave was fantastic. However, I think the blade might be starting to give up some efficiency. As I just mentioned, I also shave the back of my neck every other shave or so. That's a little extra wear each time that occurs.
    The other thing I'm not sure of, is how many passes these guys are doing. Maybe they mentioned it, and I missed that part. But, if they're only doing one or two pass shaves, I can understand getting 20+ shaves on one.

Edison Carter, Trigger, brit and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.