September 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Will you use a single edge this month?

1. Yup, that's all I will use...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Of course... I always use one single edge...at a time.;-)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. My SE razors are Cutthroats, so natch...

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I think I'll mix up my gear...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. I am going to use all of my razors, both single and double edge...

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Where do I pick up the medal I won from last month?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Must we suffer another month of Primo's introductions? He doesn't even provide cookies.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I figured! I have one of his Monsters on the way to me!

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Blair.

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That's a good exercise, Paul. Our room at the transplant house was on the third floor. On days when we were not at the hospital, I probably climbed up and down the stairs stairs ten times or more. I would also do brisk walks every morning and evening to and from the hospital.

Back when we could go to church, and hopefully again soon, I would climb 10 flights of stairs (up and down) between the service and our Bible study group. I met a guy there once while climbing stairs who was really fit. He was also wearing a backpack and sweating like crazy. He told me that he loved being on the trail, and he trains at different buildings around town wearing his fully loaded backpack. Some days, he did upwards of 100 flights of stairs during his training. I thought that was quite impressive, and it reminded me that we can exercise wherever we find ourselves to be.

Sometimes around midnight at the transplant house, I would quietly walk down the steps, raid the candy dish in the lobby, dish up some ice cream (or eat it right out of the container), and have myself a nice little private party out on the front porch or out back in the garden. Then I'd walk back up the steps and hit the sack. Don't tell anybody. I just want to demonstrate the importance of exercise even when falling off the wagon. :)

4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Bruce, I enjoyed your posts! Have a fantastic day!

FaceScraper, jgreenepa, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks gentlemen!
    Thanks Jeff. I'm a numbers guy that believes you can't improve what you don't measure (in other words, an oddball), so it helps to keep the information like this in front of me. My intention is to hold my weight steady and exercise to maintain and hopefully improve my muscle mass. I find myself eating all I want, but I have learned to make better choices most of the time. I've given up most dairy, soft drinks, refined sugar & breads, and I'm selective with meats. That leaves me with a lot of grains, fruits, fish, veggies, some meat, and the (very) occasional corn drink made down in the holler and aged in a new white oak barrel. :) And lots of black coffee.
    :eatdrink013:
    I'm actually very aware that what I eat would appeal to almost nobody else. It keeps my tank full, my energy up, and my weight on target. I'm past the point of being embarrassed by it. All my friends know, and I'm the first one to make a joke about it. Our B.C. friends will ask every week what we've been eating...they shake their heads in disgust at me.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  6. Trigger

Super shave Doug! Have a fine day!

7. Trigger

I believe you are already there!

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Your ice cram/candy secret is safe with me. :). But good stories about exercise life at Mayo.

9. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary!

10. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Wednesday’s Shave
    #SEptember

Just a quick drop in today. Taking a break on the back patio, I thought the view might make for a good SOTD pic.

Same travel setup as yesterday. 2 passes with the Hydromagic provided a very comfortable shave this morning. I did use a new to me blade today, a Chinese Schick that I bought at Piggly Wiggly down the street from Mom’s house. It was a smooth and sharp blade but I didn’t see much difference from the Personna blades I always use.

It’s been a really fun month using SE razors everyday. Excellent posts everyone! I’ve just caught up with the past two days of the thread but replying to posts on my phone just takes too long when a lengthy catch up is involved. Tapatalk sends me to the end of the thread after each reply and it takes forever finding my way back to where I left off.

[​IMG]

11. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Very nice, gents!

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The brush looks cool in the sunlight. Fantastic view Andrew. One could really get used to sitting on that patio with a cold beverage.

13. brit

brit in a box

very cool..:)

14. brit

brit in a box

thank you Daniel..:)

15. Trigger

Excellent shave Daniel!

16. Trigger

Thanks Mr. D!

17. brit

brit in a box

awesome hydro shave and pic Andrew.beautiful backdrop..:cool:

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Way to go, Charlie. You are an inspiration.

19. Primotenore

Article Team
    Thank you, Jeff. :)

20. Primotenore

Article Team
    Thank you, Clint. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.