October 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Will you be focusing on an Open Comb razor?

1. Absolutely, I have them all shined up and ready for shaving.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. I will mix it up, closed and open comb razors.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I haven't used a comb for many years.

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am a straight razor shaver, you open comb shavers don't know what you're missing.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. If I use an open comb razor, will I finally get some cookies?

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have a Maggard SHD knot that I love Charlie. It's a great choice and hits way above its price point

Hembree, jtspartan, brit and 5 others like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Daniel. A high school buddy had an AE-1 and introduced me to 35 mm photography. I finally sprung for one in college after I sold my A-1. I learned a lot about photography shooting auto. I just have the standard 50mm lens and a Vivitar Series 1 70-200 mm zoom lens. Nothing fancy.

All the Nikon DSLRs are solid. You have a good one! I have made my recent camera buying decisions based on this guy: www.kenrockwell.com He reviews that latest and greatest, but he also preaches Technique Trumps Tools.

I hope you are feeling better, my friend. I'm praying this morning for good MRI test results.

I'm on my third cup of Eight O'Clock coffee so far. My Bride has again started drinking coffee. She lost her taste for it over the summer, but it is coming back. What's in your cup?

JACarbone, Hembree, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I didn't realize Flying Hide was now discontinued. I thought just sold out and more would come later. Thanks for the report&commentary.

Hembree, brit, FaceScraper and 4 others like this.
  4. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I just purchased a 30mm 2 band SHD bulb knot. The loft is a little short. I have not set it in a handle yet but when I do it will be somewhat shallow. I might recommend the fan knot, but I haven't seen one in person.

I'm designing a new handle for this 30mm SHD. So it will be a few days before it's set, but I'll gladly post pictures wben it's done.

b1hart, Hembree, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Clint, I think you are right on all production. ATT set their selfs apart by being American made. Now I feel they have opened up to more competition. Not saying China cannot build a quality razor. They can and do but ATT is going a direction I dont think they should.

Why should I buy a ATT China made razor for more money than Razorock? They have a lot more competition.

Have a great day!

b1hart, jtspartan, brit and 8 others like this.
  6. wristwatchb

Thanks Clint. I also have one in my JR brush that I'm going to revisit shortly.

Hembree, brit, FaceScraper and 4 others like this.
  7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

You are too kind Charlie!

brit, FaceScraper, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  8. wristwatchb

Now that sounds like a product I want to get. Oh, here come the Heebie-jeebies!

Hembree, brit, FaceScraper and 5 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

That it happened is bad enough, but JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO FINISH??????? Shux.

b1hart, Hembree, FaceScraper and 5 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

See Charlie, that's why I connected you with NO......you said I'd probably like Flying Hide. Oh, by the way, good morning :).

Hembree, FaceScraper, brit and 5 others like this.
  11. wristwatchb

Sounds good, Evan. Here's my 24 mm SHD fan knot. I haven't used it much, so I will bring it out shortly for a revisit. I was also looking at the 30 mm fan.

JR#395 with 24mm 2-band badger fan knot.jpg

b1hart, JACarbone, Hembree and 13 others like this.
  12. wristwatchb

Good morning, Paul. It's all in good fun. Sounds like NO is a fantastic soap based on everything I've read. I'm just picking on @FaceScraper because I know he loves it like no otter.

b1hart, Hembree, brit and 5 others like this.
  13. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

Good shave with the ATT S2 except, a bit of a strip off my cranial ridge as open comb or big blade gaps razors tend to do to me if I'm not light touch. Tomorrow I will use a lighter titanium handle.

b1hart, Hembree, brit and 8 others like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I agree. You have people like Supply Co and Blackland that maintained American Production.

15. wristwatchb

I've been looking at USA made heritage leather boots. Would love to have a pair, but the prices... I'll eventually get a pair. They'll last for the rest of my life.

I love USA made products, but it's sadly becoming all too uncommon these days.

b1hart, Hembree, FaceScraper and 8 others like this.
  16. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Usually the 50mm lenses are great, and some of the zooms can be surprisingly good! Nikons 50mm F/2 AI is one of my favorites, and it didn't cost much. Way less than a new kit lens. Nice and light combo when paired with my FM2.

I'm actually familiar with the guy, i have spent too much time reading his reviews.

I actually am feeling a bit better. Thank you, Charlie! It means a lot.
    The MRI is kind of a just in case-thing. Very likely that there is nothing wrong, i've just had a lot of headaches in the last year. But both my parents have migraine, so i probably do too.

Nice! It's great that she can enjoy coffee.
    I'm drinking the regular old Kulta Katriina. Nothing special, but it's exactly what i need.

b1hart, Hembree, FaceScraper and 8 others like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Very nice shave this morning. I returned to the Stoylin Sandpiper "team"(SS&AS). 0:35 to load the Stoylin "li'l brudder" brush. It may be "li'l" but it sure packs a punch. (I probably said that before, but there it is again). 2 strong passes(strong but soft to avoid getting a cut or Knick, and I succeeded in that department). Well-done along the cheeks, good job all throughout Porcupine Alley, and Cactus Nation was a success-especially given that I went CAREFULLY over the cut from yesterday. That presents a slight dilemma though....you don't want to "add" to the cut, but if you go too easy, astroturf might form, and the act of shaving that might bring about ANOTHER cut in the same place. A good dose of the aftershave to finish. What can I say?....Top Of The World Excellent, BAYBEE!( that was college basketball color man Dick Vitale impersonating me!).

b1hart, JACarbone, Hembree and 10 others like this.
  18. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great shave report, Myles! Glad it went well!

Hembree, FaceScraper, brit and 4 others like this.
  19. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great shave report and photos, Danny! Sorry to hear about ATT. I always thought his main value proposition was “made in America”! Oh well, all things pass!

Hembree, FaceScraper, brit and 3 others like this.
  20. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

Another OC slant other than Above the Tie S2. Did not know that. the ATT is mild, for an OC, how about this Fatip?

Hembree, FaceScraper, brit and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.