October 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Will you be focusing on an Open Comb razor?

1. Absolutely, I have them all shined up and ready for shaving.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. I will mix it up, closed and open comb razors.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I haven't used a comb for many years.

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am a straight razor shaver, you open comb shavers don't know what you're missing.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. If I use an open comb razor, will I finally get some cookies?

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Doing ok Joe!! Hope you're doing well also .

brit, jgreenepa, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thank you Sir !!

3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

That brush looks better than new . As far as the boar stench goes...I used shampoo and blue dawn detergent to combat and tame the boar. Good luck with yours.

Primotenore, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific shave Maestro! I have to disagree with you about the Omega 49 knot. When I got mine a few almost 2 years ago, it didn't stink. It might be that my sinusitis blocked it. At first, it was scritchy which was to be expected. However, my Omega pro 49 is quite soft when I use it now. I guess it is a ymmv thing.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh I've heard of him. I shouldn't have made my comment look like a question-just wanted to write his name the way he says it(from what I can recall).

JACarbone, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Glad to hear it! I am fine. I am trying to get major dental work at my local dental school, but they aren't taking patients at the moment. I have to try again in about a month. Also, I was able to get back to the gym in late August after a 5 and a half month closure.

JACarbone, wristwatchb, brit and 4 others like this.
  7. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Thank You.

Maybe not, all depends on the shapes.
    For sure the opposite in more unbalanced.
    I'm sure of it.
    Titanium is not light, just not so heavy as others.

JACarbone, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  8. Trigger

He never had a speaking problem so he never pronounced his name as if he had a lisp.

JACarbone, brit, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  9. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Hi guys.

Went into rest phase for few days. Not gonna try to read up though. Hope everyone is doing well.

It will be my turn with the 3D printed injector known as the Wabbit. I'll spend time with it.

Happy October.

10. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Patrick! Good to see you posting. Sounds like a fine shave today.

brit, jgreenepa, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

This morning, I finished my second straight day(and last, for this set) of Barbasol followed by Aqua Velva Musk. Good shaves, both of them. The Barbasol now comes out in "cloud" form, as it should...I think it's because I hold the can under warm-to-hot tap water first. I should do that with my Clubman cream, too. One pass. No cuts or Knicks,.I'm improving on my method of going A(cross)TG at the top edges of Cactus Nation. But I still have some work to do there. Nice work at Porcupine Alley. A little extra time is needed on the sides though. Super Duper Excellent.

12. Paul Turner

Is that a fact? Maybe I got stuck listening to friends mock his name to make it sound "ghostly".

13. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I sympathize with you on the dental thing. Lost some chiclets years ago playing hockey and got to spend about 50 hrs getting them fixed . Feels good to be able to get out and about again but I still don't venture too far unless necessary and I take precautions for my safety.

wristwatchb, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  14. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Jason! Been a hectic summer this year with a few projects on the go and soon I hope to be ready for the dreaded snow and cold .

wristwatchb, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  15. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

OCtober 4th

Razor: Gillette OT
    Blade: Permasharp (1)
    Brush: Hourglass Aluminum with 30mm SHD
    SS & AS: Razorock Son of Zeus

I love the look of the Gillette OT. Their simple and easy to polish. After restoring a batch of them for the Traveling Box, I had to get one for myself. Soldering the handles and straightening teeth adds to the experience when they turn out.

I ended up with an extra 30mm SHD knot after making my Chubby 3 clones. I want a long hourglass handle for this short loft knot. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. The decrative groove and lack of taper near the knot is a little off. I think there will be a second verson and will be seeing if using silicone really allows you to recover the knot. I had 3D printed my other brushes so I could see how they really look. Perhaps that needs to be a rule. All new designs get printed first.

As for the shave. The OT works well if you treat it with respect. I'm very smooth after 2.5 passes. A couple pin prick weepers need my mouth but nothing requiring special care. I'll call it DFS as there is one spot on my chin and cheek where I can feel stubble ATG.

[​IMG]

Edit: I often nitpick a new make (not just brushes) and then fall in love with it after a few days. That may happen this time. I finished this one at 11 PM. The silicone hasn't even cured yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  16. Trigger

Here's a sample of his delightful speech pattern.
    You could hear that he would not have any problems pronouncing his name mellifluously.

dvdhviid, wristwatchb, brit and 4 others like this.
  17. Trigger

Very nice, Paul!

dvdhviid, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  18. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Thanks Joe!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

19. Trigger

In the US, dental care is very expensive even with dental insurance. I am a dental phobe to boot. Always had bad teeth. At 65, it looks like it will be dentures.

dvdhviid, MrDaniel's, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Very nice shave Evan! I am sure you will figure out how to work out the kinks on the brush design.

wristwatchb, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.