What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We put together a new deck box, to replace the bee-infested one. Then I caulked the inside, where the base meets the walls.

Tanuki, Paul Turner, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Sounds like you were as busy as a .... bee.

Sara-s and Terry like this.
  3. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Installed a steel entry door between our family room and garage. Never done anything like it.

Herm
    [​IMG]

Tanuki, Enrico, Paul Turner and 5 others like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The steel door is only secure as the frame. Did you beef up the frame??

brit likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

Or, as busy as a "Wasp".

richgem likes this.
  6. DaltonGang

Another Commercial Refrigerator fix today. After fixing my refrigerator last week, the temps were not holding steady. It was fluctuating between 35-45, and more often towards the 40-45 range, set on max. Time to replace the Temperature Control Module(Thermostat). it was an inexpensive fix, but I had to tear the entire upper unit apart. It did the trick.. Now it is working easier, and holding temps steady. The wife is happy she has room again for cold beers, sodas, and waters.

Oh, also replaced the gasket around the 3rd brake light on my truck, in an effort to stop a water leak. Found out that that wasnt the problem. Time for some.weather stripping around the sliding rear window.

Tanuki, brit and richgem like this.
  7. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I had my 8 year old grandson on his first street bike ride. He can reach the pedals and fit in the helmet and skid jacket.
    Only about 15 miles down a 2 lane country road and back....
    But in his own words..
    "this is awesome! "

It really was!

tp

Tanuki, richgem, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I subscribe to the weekly newsletter from The Art Of Manliness (comes every Sunday). Today there was an essay on what we as men learn from watching the movie The Great Escape. Y'know, the WW2 movie that shows @wristwatchb ....I MEAN Steve McQueen flying along on a motorbike, all the work the Allied prisoners did to make the 3 tunnels. I love that movie, but that emotion was passed down from my Dad to me. Very much in the way the man using Aqua Velva flips it to his son(on the AV ad). I enjoyed reading that essay.

9. Paul Turner

Hey there.....can we get YO back????? Nice-looking door.

10. Paul Turner

What happened to the bees..didja tell them they're gonna wish they were never born?

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I think they have figured that out on their own.

Paul Turner and Terry like this.
  12. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Tripped over a brick and fell on my butt while moving a pair of sofa sleepers that my wife wanted. I'm too old for this crap.

J_Man, Jayaruh, Terry and 3 others like this.
  13. Paul Turner

My aunt(who has had her share of trips and falls over the years)told me "The older we get, the more painful the falls". Hope you'll be OK soon.

Enrico likes this.
  14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Pfft.... you're never too old for Gravity to mess with you! ;)

thankfully it was nothing worse. Feel better

15. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

The fall itself didn't hurt (only my pride). This morning is a whole different matter.

Terry and Enrico like this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The fall is never the problem It's the sudden stop at the end that causes all the problems.

17. Paul Turner

Ah, good point.

Sara-s likes this.
  18. DaltonGang

I replaced the headlights on my 2006 Dodge truck. They had yellowed beyond repair, and I had done the sanding down, and recoating twice before. It was a fast replacement, and cheaper than I thought. Now the trucks lights look factory new, and I can see at night, when I decide to take it out for a drive.

19. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

I declined to help my oldest son move two heavy maple dressers up the stairs into his new apartment. (I did load and fetch them 35 miles in the old minivan from the Craigslist source.) Then I declined to help haul his 100+ lb potted plant up those same stairs. The older I get, the manlier I am about protecting my back.

Enrico likes this.
  20. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Gravity isn't just a good idea....
    It's the law!
    Hope you feel better soon.

tp

Sara-s likes this.