Adjustable Handle

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

If I can’t handle a small adaptor screw you can imagine what I’d do to a sink... :happy102:

GAW9576, Jim99 and twhite like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

You did what?

AD43EF0F-DE79-44F1-8D3B-2A5AEDA7E311.jpeg

GAW9576, brit, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  3. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:rofl:

At least when I drop things they go in the sink... :scared003:

GAW9576, Jim99, brit and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh....

That took a minute to register. Hey, they don’t call me the gold water shaver for nothing!

Now let me see where those adapters are...

:p

twhite, GAW9576, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I can make those adapters now, so if there is a need for them I can make a few when the handle comes my way.

Karl G, Jim99 and twhite like this.
  6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Thanks to @Jim99 a replacement adapter screw to the one I, um, errr, lost... has been received. I went to use the TAH with my 1924 single edge but neither screw fit. Is the 1924 a different size than the two provided? :signs002:

GAW9576 and Jim99 like this.
  7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Hmmmm... I don’t have a 1924, so I never realized the threads were different.

GAW9576 and Karl G like this.
  8. GAW9576

What does the adapter screw look like?

Karl G likes this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The adapter is on the right side of the picture below.
    upload_2020-10-11_20-22-7.jpeg

Karl G and GAW9576 like this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am late to this..... what part of your body are you trying to reach?

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Grub screw?

12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I have a hard time shaving my cheeks. Can’t reach that far back anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Karl G, GAW9576 and Jim99 like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yea cheeks. Just as I thought. :cool:

14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You can borrow it once I am done. I can leave the blade in. I know how you like broken in blades.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Not sure we can get the haz mat certificate signed off for transit.

Karl G, GAW9576, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  16. GAW9576

Have you tried both sides of the screw in the razor head. I make adapter screws like that and to the best of my knowledge they fit every razor I have. Some razors fit the big side, some the small side. I put the adapter screw in the razor head first, then put the screw the head onto the handle to avoid burying the thread to deeply into the handle, which would make it difficult to remove. The small size thread should pass buy the don't say what internal threads of the handle without even touching.

17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

@GAW9576 are you ready for the TAH to be sent on to you? Please PM your address unless you are still enjoying some time off :happy088:

twhite likes this.
  18. GAW9576

@Karl G I will definitely be home the 26th. My wife had 2 weeks vacation sitting around so we took it all at once. I will PM. you my address and you can send it on it's way accordingly.

19. GAW9576

The handle arrived today. I got home fairly late. Hopefully I can try it out tomorrow. It looks great.

Karl G and twhite like this.
  20. GAW9576

First shave with the adjustable handle today. First pass with a Gem Jr. head and second pass and cleanup with a RR Hawk v3 OC.
    Started things out with the handle at its shortest setting this is still not a short handle set this way. The weight is nice and the handle looks great. The balance is definitely handle heavy with the lightweight Gem head bit it shaved comfortably. The SS Hawk head balanced better on the handle. I adjusted it to a mid long lenght. It's interesting being able to do this mid shave and I like longer handles. I finished up buy extenfing the handle to really long and shaving the back of my neck. The extra long lenght was nice for this. However with less threads engaged the razor head did swivle a little bit a few times. I think I still had about 3/8 to 1/2 inch still threaded in.

IMG_20201027_170024890.jpg _IMG_000000_000000.jpg IMG_20201027_170106229.jpg

twhite likes this.