Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sat, Oct 10th,2020

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 parade-Mfg 1943,mid range. One of my favorites with the baton handle,easy to manipulate.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8)- excellent blade, very sharp with excellent longevity.
    Soap: TOBS sandal wood- nice scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow with brown whiskers 26 mm- Excellent brush to create lather with cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area after cleaned.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 parade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Jim99, MPF9, GAW9576 and 9 others like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Not sure how I missed answering this. Doing well here. Back at work tonight!!

GAW9576, brit, twhite and 2 others like this.
  3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 11th October
    Yaqi Katana
    Alpha Outlaw handle
    ½ Rapira Swedish Supersteel #1

[​IMG]

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Eufros Sandalo Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #417
    Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue

The Eufros Sandalo Shaving Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #417 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  5. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Barrister and Mann | Leviathan 2020
    Ever-Ready 100T | Elite Razor Manchurian
    Ever-Ready SE | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Oct 11th 2020

Razor: Schick injector adjustable(M3)Mfg-1970-72 Very nice, easy to dial in your shave, good for under the nose area.
    Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE(3) very sharp, good longevity, reasonably smooth,cheapest blades to buy it seems.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- great scent + good lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi dice with Tuxedo knot 26mm syn- large knot that stirs a excellent lather in no time, cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave:Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Lois Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritition + 1 small nick(operator error)= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable model 3 or (M3).
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

7. brit

brit in a box

absolutely fabulous Matt..:cool:

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday+OCtober12th, 2020

Razor: Micromatic open comb- Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid range razor, well engineered 1st Twist to open(TTO) in N.A.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) Excellent blade in longevity, very sharp & smooth & very cost effective per shave.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- one of my favorites for scent and lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi timberwolf whiskers 24mm syn, excellent for creating lather & cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Micro-matic OC.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

jimjo1031, Jim99, Droo78 and 8 others like this.
  9. 120inna55

Thank you, Gary!

brit and GAW9576 like this.
  10. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I'm on vacation for a bit. I brought the bumpless MMOC a synthetic brush and Cremo cooling with me, but haven't taken pictures the last 2 shaves.

Ron R, Droo78, 120inna55 and 3 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

have a fine vacation Greg.happy shaves..:cool:

GAW9576 likes this.
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 13th October

The Grosvenor -Mixed
    Lea Classic soap
    ER 1924-Claymore handle
    Gem S/S [ 2 ]
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Missing a Shave is getting more common with me, perhaps a sign of the times. Well todays made up for a rather disappointing one on Sunday, with my usually dependable Streamline. This was my second using this particular ER1924, and perhaps I got the lather a bit thin but I completed the Shave without problems, and the overall finish was what I had hoped for on Sunday - uber close with the skin feeling refreshed.

IMG_0051.jpg

jimjo1031, Jim99, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  13. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 13th October
    Yaqi Katana
    Rocnel handle
    ½ Voskhod TC #2

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Jim99, GAW9576 and 8 others like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Tue, Oct 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core Version2-Mfg 2018> Excellent daily driver, mild range + 3 pass does a nice job.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity & smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- unique scent with great lather qualities. One of my favorites.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot"Sagrada Familia"-excellent brush for creating lather from any soap, cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea A.S with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my One blade core V2 with a Gem blade modified.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times!

jimjo1031, Jim99, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  15. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

Hey all I just wanted to get some of your thoughts on the Ever ready single edge razor. I'm usually a double edge or straight razor guy but I was going through my den and I found a Ever ready single edge and what looks like a barely used blade for it so I figured I'd take it for a spin but I just wanted to get some thoughts on it first. Also it seems like it uses a proprietary single edge blade so if I do decide to keep using it are the blades still readily available?? Thanks in advance for your thoughts everyone!!

16. 120inna55

Show us a pic of what you have, please.

GAW9576 likes this.
  17. Jake Gibson

16026208717942709983342071599952.jpg

18. Jake Gibson

19. Jake Gibson

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

i had a mint british eveready 1912 setfrom the 1930s.i used it a couple of times and liked it.but it was at a point where i decided to use gillettes only so i passed it along..

GAW9576 and Jake Gibson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.