October 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Will you be focusing on an Open Comb razor?

1. Absolutely, I have them all shined up and ready for shaving.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. I will mix it up, closed and open comb razors.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I haven't used a comb for many years.

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am a straight razor shaver, you open comb shavers don't know what you're missing.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. If I use an open comb razor, will I finally get some cookies?

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

:shocked003:

clint64, Hembree, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Just beautiful, Clint, but it appears that the MWF killed the grass. Oh well, it's gotta be good at somethin'. I hope today was a good one. :)

clint64, jtspartan, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Charlie!

The Blackbird OC was my first safety razor when I started wetshaving. Man it tore me up. I was using it like a cartridge razor. Funny thing, my mindset when I bought it was to buy one high quality SS razor that would last my lifetime. I think I was still bleeding after my first shave with it when I ordered razor number two, an EJ DE89L. A more forgiving razor to hone my technique with. That's the story of my start down the rabbit hole.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clint64, Keithmax, jtspartan and 7 others like this.
  4. wristwatchb

Very nice, Paul. I'll often go back and load more soap during a shave, and I'm glad it worked out for you.

I've never used AV, although I have done the sniff test at Walgreens. I don't remember it being that strong. I'm curious, so I'll check it out again when I get a chance. However, none of the drug store aftershaves got the Boss' approval when I was checking them out. It's a standing joke in the Danger household now when we go into Walgreens and I announce my intention to pick up some Clubman.

clint64, Keithmax, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  5. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Charlie! The razor/blade/brush combo did a fine job today.

A tell tale sign of my rushed SOTD pics - usually on the countertop. :D

As for deserted island, I think I could be content with this setup...
    [​IMG]

clint64, jtspartan, b1hart and 6 others like this.
  6. wristwatchb

I was swilling coffee well before 5 am this morning, Jeff. The first pot or two goes down smooth at that time of the day. I'm one of those goofballs that actually enjoys getting up early and enjoying the quiet time.

clint64, Keithmax, jtspartan and 6 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's possible the plastic-bottle version of AV isn't as strong as when it first came out. When you make your Clubman announcement, does it raise her BP some???? You say it's a joke, so maybe she can handle it, eh? It may be time for me to get another couple of ManHands soaps...the Sweet Cigar is hinting that it might be finished soon., That's the one that resembles chocolate ice-cream, not a sweet cigar, to my nose. I never did smoke a stogie though.

8. wristwatchb

2.jpg
    1.jpg

clint64, Keithmax, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  9. wristwatchb

Nice shave, Joe. One day, I'll pick up a Fatip. I think I've had in my cart a dozen times. JR # 410 is a nice looking brush. I bet it's a lather beast with the Omega boar knot.

10. wristwatchb

Nice Hump Day shave, Jason. The NEW SC is another favorite.

clint64, jtspartan, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  11. wristwatchb

:happy096:

12. wristwatchb

Nice shave, Evan. Enjoy your vacation.

13. wristwatchb

Thanks Joseph. She was in a wheelchair for several weeks this summer, had trouble breathing, and could scarcely eat. Her heart has nearly recovered from the ordeal she experienced. We walked a mile today, and she helped me move some patio furniture this evening. We had cooked veggies for lunch (Kathy also had her favorite -- mac 'n cheese), and we had bean soup doused with Louisiana Hot Sauce (apologies to @b1hart) and pickle relish for dinner. Kathy was proud that the used "2 drops" of hot sauce, but she said it was spicy. My girl is back. :)

clint64, Keithmax, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  14. wristwatchb

@b1hart - Crystal Hot Sauce is actually my favorite, but our local Walmart has been out of stock for awhile. :scared003:

clint64, Keithmax, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  15. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Aqua Velva is not a strong aftershave, but it is a staple in my den.

clint64, wristwatchb, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thank you Charlie!

clint64, wristwatchb, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

thank you Charlie..the bricks i can do year round as long as it's daylight ..:)..protected from rain,snow and wind..

clint64, wristwatchb, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

20201014_173447.jpg

clint64, Keithmax, jtspartan and 6 others like this.
  19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

It warms my heart how terrific Kathy is doing, Charlie.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clint64, b1hart, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  20. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

That's awesome news and results, Charlie! One step at a time. So happy for both you and Kathy!

And I'll give y'all a hall pass on Louisiana hot sauce. Tabasco was the first in the late 1860s.....Crystal brand followed in the early 1920s.....then Louisiana brand in late 1920s.

Tabasco is still made the same, peppers picked by hand. They have the original hand written recipe sealed (but not on display) at the factory in New Iberia. I visited once in elementary, once in middle school, and once in high school. We've taken the girls there twice since they've been in school, when my parents were still in the area. It's worth a visit if anyone is ever within an hours drive. There is a small history room where they have lots of images of the facility, owners and workers over the years, a video demonstration as well as original props of the process. There's also an image of the original recipe (barely legible) before it was sealed. You can even see the production room....much smaller than one would expect for the amount of bottles they crank out a day.

clint64, Keithmax, jtspartan and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.