Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary. :)

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Shave Soap
    Olivewood Silvertip
    Russian ShaDE Razor
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Proraso Green Shave Soap face-lathered well with Olivewood Silvertip Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Russian ShaDE Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 19th October

RR Syn.24mm
    Mondial Tabacco Verde
    Occams -Oren/plate3
    Feather Proguard [ 4 ]
    La Toja A/S Lotion

Set up for morning Shave in Hotel .Very nice as mirrors/light really good for comfortable shave.

IMG_1127.jpg

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, OCtober19th,2020

Razor:Gem Damaskeene open comb- MFG 1912-15, Excellent milder mid range, good daily driver. They got it right 108 yrs ago IMO.
    Blade:Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Still manufacturing, Remnants of A.S.R. Corp umbrella of different shaving Companies.
    Soap: Tabac- excellent lather qualities with a clean mild flowery scent.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 plissoft 24mm- closest brush Imation of my Omega boar brush. Good brush for a scrub.
    Pre shave:Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 Damaskeene O.C with a Gem teflon coated blade!
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Jim99, MPF9, GAW9576 and 9 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome schick shave and pic..:cool:

GAW9576 and Electrif like this.
  6. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, got a great result.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  7. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

Can you tell me anything about these two? I forgot I had them as well... 16031401478432001069424174719393.jpg

Jim99, Ron R, BigD and 5 others like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ever-Ready 1912 (England) Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Semogue Excelsior Boar Brush
    Proraso/Love My Skin Spearmint Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Lavender
    Barbasol Brisk After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Jim99, Ron R, BigD and 7 others like this.
  9. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Left is a Gem Micromatic, Right looks like a 1924 (another Shovel Head). I could be wrong about the 1924. I'd need to see more angles to know for sure, but you're in the right thread. Far more learned folks here that can help.

Jake Gibson, Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  10. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Yep looks like an Ever-Ready 1924. An a Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf. Both great razors. The shave angle will be a little different on the 1924 than most Gem and Ever-Ready razors. I believe @Ron R has some of the original directions for both razors that show the recommended shave angles.

Jake Gibson, Ron R and 120inna55 like this.
  11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

OCtober 20th
    Razor: Blackland Vector OC
    Blade: Feather AC Pro (5)
    Brush: Simpson CH2 synthetic
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: JoHS Tobacco Bay Leaf
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    PAA Star Jelly
    AS: JoHS Tobacco Bay Leaf

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I agree the one on the right is most likely a 1924 ER. You can tell the razor head flips open to the front so it can only be 1 of 2 ER razors then. The handle says it should be a 1924 also but can't say 100% for sure without seeing the push button on the back of the razor head or writing on the baseplate with the cap opened. There is the possibility of a mismatched handle.

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 20th October

Muhle Silvertex 21mm
    Faena Sandalwood
    Alu General
    Schick Proline [ 7 ]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

A rather nice Shave, this new little brush very quickly raises a copious lather. Perhaps a little on the small side for most but I have quite small hands it works for me.

IMG_1129.jpg

14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf you have is a mk1 and was produced/sold from 1940 - 1945.

[​IMG]
    The mk1 is on the left and mk2 on the right.

The main difference visually is the amount of teeth on the guard, the mk1 has less teeth than a mk2. The mk2 is also one of the best shaving razors Gem ever made and I would highly recommend getting one.

15. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I know there is a much earlier ER that opens to the front. Don't remember what year it was. I've only seen 1 example of that one. Would that be the one your referring to. Also I know there are several variations of the Shovel head. I have the long and short neck versions and the combs are slightly different between the two. One is more rounded on the top and the other more squared. The variety of razors ASR put out is truly staggering. Makes it hard to collect them all.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

OCtober 20th, Tue, 2020

Razor: Valet auto-strop C1, Canadian Variant- Mfg 1920's NDC, modified (1yr+ ago)blade gab from .011 to .007"thousands, it just made it so much smoother, the older blades might of not been as sharp as of todays because with .011" it was very aggressive I felt.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) [​IMG] Very sharp, excellent longevity, predictable and smooth's out nicely.
    Soap: Tabac- mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm with black marble handle- excellent and favorite lather creator with cloud like tips. Hard to beat!
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups, WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my modified gap blade Valet auto strop & modified Gem blade. Lots of modifications to make it work to my standards of a excellent shave it seems, great razor.
    OCtober 20th, Tue, 2020.jpg
    Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Jim99, Electrif, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Yeah I was referring to the 1909 which also opens to the front. I think they were only British made. The various iterations of the 1924 all shave the same far as I know so that would be of interest from a collector's standpoint not a user. The 1909 shaves alot different from the 1924 and it is collectible for other reasons so it ticks both boxes in this case.

Ijustmissedthe50s and GAW9576 like this.
  18. 120inna55

Declaration Grooming | Darkfall 2019
    Island Bladeworks | Bullwinkle | TGN Finest
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

[​IMG]

GAW9576, Jim99, Droo78 and 7 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

stunning autumn pic Matt..those steps look cool.:cool:

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  20. 120inna55

Thank you. They're really not that impressive. Just concrete steps that don't get much traffic, so they have lichen and moss growing all over them. They may for a cool backdrop, though.

GAW9576, Droo78 and brit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.