OT - do you know this person?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Karl G, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Sorry for the off-topic request but I have located a specific razor I have been searching for some time - but have been unable to contact the owner. He goes by the alias Shyster512 on another forum. If anyone knows him or can help me contact him, will you please let me know? (I have sent PMs on that forum and even enlisted the aid of the original eBay seller to contact him - but no luck.)

Thanks!

Billyfergie likes this.
  2. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

He only posted 159 times in 5 years on the other forum. The username doesn't exist here. Good luck! I don't think Shyster512 wants to be found. His username suggests he prides himself on being anti social.

richgem and Karl G like this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Shyster- a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business.

Billyfergie, gorgo2, richgem and 3 others like this.
  4. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

What is it about that specific razor that has you focusing only on it? Is it a particular maker? Style of blade? Personalization? Used to belong to someone you know?

If it is only that it is a particular size and style from a certain manufacturer, most razors were mass produced. Start searching for other razors that are for sale using the refined characteristics that you want and you may be surprised to find there are more out there. It could take a while, but odds are in your favor that you will find another. And when you find it, if it needs restoration work, there are plenty of people here who can help. (On a side note, if you find one that needs restoration, get someone like Glenn to look at it before you buy, because he can tell you if it can be restored.)

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Karl G likes this.
  5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I have over 30 straight razors but this is one that got away on eBay in 2016. I have found one from the same manufacturer that is somewhat similar but not the same (and I bought it.) Trust me, I’ve been looking for four years. :happy088:

Billyfergie likes this.
  6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Just an FYI - I did finally make contact with him and a trade was worked out. Here’s the shave with the razor I was chasing so hard. See the Straight Razor Acquistion thread for all the gory details. It’s one of kind and a true beauty:
    ABED29D4-4894-4183-B344-214B22495CCE.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

Steve56, Jim99, Mr. Oldschool and 6 others like this.
  7. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

Wish you joy of your victory!:eatdrink047:

Steve56, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I see why you’ve been chasing it down. Very pretty!

Steve56, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

An even better pic with the original tag from the Ragg family collection. Every time I see it I’m captivated by it. :love055: Never thought I’d talk about a razor that way :rofl:

6D56DFE7-4D23-4FA2-B8C2-D9873A94BF09.jpg