November 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Oct 31, 2020.

?

Will you participate in NOV-ember (no shave month)?

1. Absolutely! Jeremiah Johnson here I come.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, my daily shaves are too important to my well-being.

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  3. Who is Jeremiah Johnson?

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Only if I can get some cookies as a reward.

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Cookies? Did someone say cookies?

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to the November edition of the 30 Day Rule and Focus thread. A special welcome to the newly-initiated members and, of course to our old-timers. (Some much older than others) ;)

This is a technique-based thread. No matter what gear you choose to use, if you don’t know how to use it, you’re not going to get the best shave possible---and we all want that, don’t we :signs002:

This thread is also a quasi “support group” for wet-shavers. iu.jpg

We’re all in this shaving boat together and no one is too old---or too experienced to learn something new.
    iu.jpg

What is the “30 Day Rule” :signs002:

In a nut-shell: choose one razor, one blade, one soap and one brush and use it for the entire month. This is mos def© the most challenging aspect of this thread, and one that only the most disciplined shavers attempt to undertake.
    iu.jpg
    However, having personally completed this challenge a number of over the past 6+ years, I can say---without reservation, that this is what taught me how to master my shaving.
    :signs011:

Then there is the “30 Day Focus”.

This is what many other participants choose to do. For instance, use that new straight razor daily, but vary the soaps and brushes during the month. How about those new razor blades? Get to know their idiosyncrasies.

Then there is “everything else”. Feel free to participate in this thread in any manner that suits you. The “rules” are just guidelines and nothing more.

However, there are some actual rules and these are they:
    1) New members are always welcome.
    2) Respect everyone.
    3) Follow the rules of this Forum.

November has become, as of late, a NO-Shave month and if that’s your thing, go for it. I’ll be shaving, myself.

So, post your shaves; post your acquisitions and practice the subtle art of enabling; :signs136:
    ask your questions; posit your responses; share your triumphs and defeats; or simply practice some good-natured shenanigans @wristwatchb
    Most importantly: participate, have fun, have great shaves!

Let’s all have a great month.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm in :). I'll be a daily shaver, as usual. (Guess you know which survey option I chose, chuk yuk yuk yuk). We all know the famous saying in here: "Technique Trumps Tools". With respect to it, I hope to be able to combine the two to make for great, sophisticated, gentleMANLY shaves. By month's end(ahh, who knows, perhaps by the end of week one,) I'll have purchased some products that should result in just those kind of shaves. You might say I'll have enabled MYSELF. Here's to another month of great shaves and great fun for us all.

Keithmax, b1hart, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I'm in!

Terrific monthly intro @Primotenore !

I use the Shaving Buddy app. It has a Usage Stats section. I have razors with very few uses. I'm going to call it Neglected November. I'll pick a razor from the bottom of the list, run a blade through it then move on to the razor that replaced it at the bottom of the list. There are some great razors down there that keep getting sidelined for monthly themes or just the fact that I have too darn many razors.
    Should be an awesome November!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. brit

brit in a box

awesome opening Joseph..happy november..:cool:

5. brit

brit in a box

good morning gents,i am in,maybe a "no repeat" november as Jason mentioned,or just a "use all my favorites"month..either way it will be fun to hang out and share..see you all soon..:)..

Keithmax, b1hart, 9nein9 and 9 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Jim, Did they update the app to remove items you finished or moved out of the den?

Keithmax, 9nein9, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

@Primotenore Thank you for the wonderful intro to November. I will be doing a No Rule November. I just want to use what I want to use. I do plan on spending the time to dial in the Pils razor. I also want to spend time enjoying my Wolfman WR2. It arrived late in August just before SEptember and OCtober.

8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Press and hold the item you want to remove. You'll be given the option to 'delete tool'. I just figured that out myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

A great intro, Joseph!
    I am in for a November focus. As Gary mentioned, I will do a No Repeat November and rotate software everyday and should be able to get through most all of the den. Brushes and razors will go on rotation as well, but I do have a few new toys that will get a couple extra days at the beginning of the month.

10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice idea Jim, might tag along during the weekdays

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Cool. I’ll give it another try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. brit

brit in a box

sunday sneak peek..
    20201031_120705_edi.jpg

13. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

It will be a No Rhyme or Reason November for me. I will choose whatever I want without any regard to order. I might even repeat an entire setup 2 or 3 days in a row.

14. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I'm with Joe on this one!

15. Hembree

That ain't fair.....I don't have a purdy razor like that to play with.:D

16. brit

brit in a box

you have many Danny,just modern ones..;)

17. Hembree

Thanks Gary

18. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

1st November 2020.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Unbranded Chinese Horsehair.
    Face Lather.
    Soap: Chinese Cologne Soap.
    Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (2)
    Razor: Merkur 34c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru ~ Turkish Mandalina-mandarin Cologne./Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I was curious to try the Indian GWS blade in a less aggressive razor paired together with the Merkur 34c was a comfortable duo, which to be honest i wasn't sure if it would have worked but it did feeling comfortably smooth and efficient with each pass.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nicely done, Barry! Way to start off the month!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Nice Merkur shave with a good-sized kit, Barry! Glad it went well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.