Watches - let's see 'em

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Very cool!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

wristwatchb and jtspartan like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

J_Man and wristwatchb like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bulova is just cool

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

9nein9 and wristwatchb like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:cool:

b1hart likes this.
  5. wristwatchb

Very classy, Jason, and it looks great on the strap!

jtspartan likes this.
  6. wristwatchb

1.gif

7. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I agree Chris. That watch ended up only needing a battery. It loses a tad bit of time so maybe that's why my Dad shelved it. He was a stickler with his watches keeping perfect time .

8. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thanks gentlemen!

The funny thing is....got the Apple Watch 6 a few weeks ago. Using it less with the renewed analog time keeping interest. Still wear the AW6 at night, as I do like to see my sleep history, heart variation data. Part of my constant want of outrunning all the metabolic issues my father has gone through.....so far so good!

The Hammie was a purchase to sort of replace a watch that is now at the bottom of Lake Ponchatrain (sailboat accident when I was a teenager). Dad bought himself a Hamilton, then gave it to me when his company gave him a 25 year anniversary Seiko. The Hamilton was a chronometer style, used for timing race starts. Then....a few months later, we were sailboating together on a Hobie Cat 18 (we raced a lot). A mistake while practicing & going 'all out' cost me a dislocated shoulder....and once back to shore and had that fixed, I realized I didn't have the watch anymore, just a bridle wire burn from the elbow to where the watch used to be.

The really super funny thing....is I keep tapping the crystals of analog watches out of habit a few times a day to read the time. If you aren't an Apple Watch person, and don't keep the display on all the time....that's how you wake up the AW the quickest....tap the dial. Longest battery life that way.

Keithmax, jtspartan and wristwatchb like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can't imagine myself ever getting used to any kind of smartwatch. But then, I said the same thing about a smartphone.

9nein9 likes this.
  10. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I'm only 50 but I'll never wear a smart watch. The smartphone was kinda forced on our generation and I can see me tossing the phone du jour in another 5 years once the kids are adults and I no longer need that link to assure myself they are safe. I lived 25 good years without a cellphone, I will survive the rest of my days without one . I actually learned long ago to tell time from the sun in the Boy Scouts. Now get off my damn lawn!

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I haven't owned a watch for over five years ..... just picked up a Wakmann.

m21796803586_3.jpg

I prefer pocket watches

:eatdrink047:

gzp, jimjo1031, PanChango and 6 others like this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

AND! you can easily use a face watch as a compass.

9nein9 likes this.
  13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

777349B1-FA8A-4B48-AE1C-96448676EA57.jpeg

1923 Hamilton ‘Railway Special’ - 992 movement in a Hamilton 10kt gold case. Really nice condition for 97 years old. Running just a little fast (+2 minutes/day) even with regulator adjustment. Stainless chain I put together...just waiting for the right option to match.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Tiredricefarmer, gorgo2, gzp and 6 others like this.
  14. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

A new edition, a Tisell GMT, it is a Rolex Submariner GMT homage. Not bad for $220, it has Miyota movement, super luminova and sapphire glass. The movement is Japanese but everything else is made here in Korea which is why I decided to give it a try. My only knock is the the data is slightly off center.

camphoto_1144747756.jpeg

15. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Sharp looking watch Keith!

b1hart and Keithmax like this.
  16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

20210105_030311.jpg
    Here is my Timex Ironman. It isnt fancy but I don't see any Rolex on jobsites. Can take a beating :kngt:It pairs well with workboots, hardhats , sweat and swearing :angry019: . The Indiglo still works too. :happy088:

17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

It looks like you got y0ur money’s worth from that watch, as it should be. :eatdrink047:

b1hart and 9nein9 like this.
  18. wristwatchb

Wearing my Hamilton this week

1.jpg

19. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Nice watch, Keith! Here’s my daily wear watch since my family gave it to me after their mother’s (my first wife) passing in 2012.
    F909725F-24C2-4AEC-A075-2385B63B50F0.jpeg

20. brit

brit in a box

that's a beauty..:)

jgreenepa likes this.