How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Hmmmmm... Maybe texas isn't that bad then. If you could just do something about the heat. :D

Survived the Ren Faire once we got there. Unfortunately due to construction and detours in all the exits right at the Ren Faire we had to go a bit out of our way. We were very close at one point and stopped at a rest area in order to avoid the port-a-pits as much as possible at the faire. While there I asked the information desk what was the most direct route to the Ren Faire (its a big fair that is a yearly event that most people in the area know about) to avoid any more detours. The wise sage at the counter told me to cross over to the other side of the interstate, then take the exit off. When you see the frontage road "turn right at the frontage road." Huh... well that was a LONG mistake. After a 30 minute loop around trying to figure out where we went wrong, we finally figured out that "right" was not the direction of turning but the point at which the turn should be made. From then on things were fine for the most part. However, meeting family members there who were faire-ees (I suppose Steve wouldn't like that term) meant a lot of stopping every little bit while they chatted with other faire-ees. Faire-ites? Faire-peeps?

So now I am killing time in the hotel lobby while I wait on the non-morning people to get up and going. Note - I still do not admit to being one of those ever perky, ever annoying morning people. However, compared to the others I live with....

2. mhdagley

mhdagley Member

Not a whole lot you?
    Trying to figure out where to go to school next. In first place is the school that will take me, now to figure out which one that is...

3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

busy as always

what are the school options you're contemplating?

4. sol92258

so close to 50,000, yet so far away.....

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    How's Your Day? Aug 9 -29

We've decided to make the How's Your Day thread a little less daunting to the uninitiated by making it a weekly thread.

What is the How's Your Day thread you ask? Well, it's sort of like the watercooler at work. Just a place to talk about what's going on with you for the day.

So, come on in, kick up your feet, watch out for Jim (he likes to run around pantless), and tell us about your day!

:signs046

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  7. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Well.............

What can I say............

My day started, and that's about it :D

I hope my eyes open up (it's a miracle that I could find the way to work with my eyes shut) after a coffee or two and then do something for the boss-man.......

8. sol92258

the day hath started, allergies kicking my (pantless ;)) booty, time to get to work

9. sol92258

oh, and....

:happy093

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Now, Jim... Joanna's trying to make this thread *less* daunting. :D

11. sol92258

and thusly so, I'm doing my part by wearing *less* ;)

12. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Started my day off with a little prayer, and a little coffee. I've only had one overwhelming urge to slap the snot out of someone. So I'm doing better than Friday I suppose.

Watched a couple of Hitchcock movies over the weekend, Rear Window and Vertigo; classics of the first degree. We also watched Marie Antoinette again last night--any excuse to see the delightful Miss Dunst. Great movie as well. Movies seem to help me center, I guess.

13. sol92258

bravo!

(at least you didn't watch Rambo and take notes....:eek:)

(Friday night I watched Octopussy....and took notes :D)

14. basil

basil Well-Known Member

A weekly thing now?

I guess we never got a chance to hit 50k pOsts?

15. sol92258

oh, it still will ;)

16. basil

basil Well-Known Member

The old thread still kicking aroundthen?

17. sol92258

it is locked, but all the weekly HYDs (WHYD's? Why D's? Whitey's? oh my...) are going to be merged with the Original HYD (OHYD? Oh Hai Dee?), and thus the total count will continue to grow.

At first JoAnna kinda freaked me out with it, but the more I consider it, the more Awesomer as Gossamer I like it

18. micah1_8

All this megathread talk is making me think that I need to dust off Uncle Albert's Big Book of Shaving Advice and see if I can find some new tips.

19. sol92258

YES!!!!

(and we call it G.B.A. 1, not Megathread....oh wait, wrong movie...)

20. micah1_8

The problem is, I'm having a hard time thinking of material I haven't already covered. The other night, something came to me, but I promptly forgot it. I suppose I could go into more detail about "#5" or as it's more affectionately known "loinmowing." But I'm pretty sure nobody wants that.

BTW, with this new weekly thing, does that mean that I'm going to have to resubscribe every week? That's going to make keeping up with this thing terribly inconvenient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.