How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

no, but I did finally save 15% on my....uhh, I mean, order some a few weeks ago :ashamed001 (but not iced), and it's up to bat come Sunday, I'm looking very forward to it!

2. sol92258

Emily Update:

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well then make sure you fill us in when the time comes. I am thinking about getting some, but I am still worried about potential skin reactions when ever I step away from known EO and into the realm of FO.

Not much going on this morning. Just finishing up morning stuff and sitting down for my coffee. Got an outing this afternoon at Brookfield Zoo that includes a bring your own picnic lunch; however, I need to figure out how that is supposed to happen. I would have assumed Zoos would frown on you bringing your own food/drinks in when they make a huge killing on concessions.

4. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

Easy day for me today. Finally finished my son's cement work last night. 30 bags of concrete hauled 1/2 mile into the woods on a goat trail mixed by hand and poured. Now all we have to do is haul in the lumber. One more week and his bridge should be done.

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

That sounds like quite an undertaking. So what type of bridge are you making off of a goat trail?

6. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

My son mountain bikes a lot and decided to build a bridge through a section of wetlands as his Eagle Scout project. The bridge is 40 feet long and 4 feet wide set on 10" sona tubes. I will post a picture of the finished bridge.

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Sounds like a future Engineer! I look forward to seeing the picture.

8. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

Sounds like a future Engineer! I look forward to seeing the picture.

Funny you say that, we looked at colleges this past weekend. He wants to be an engineer. We went to RPI, RIT and WPI. He has also been talking about the Air Force ROTC program sounds pretty good to me.

9. sol92258

I totally forgot to mention the welcome home party for Emily when it was announced this past Sunday, I thought it would be neat if those that have prayed/been praying for her could write a letter or note to her, if they so felt inclined, but since I'm just now remembering to mention it, if you would like to send her a personal message/letter, you can PM or email me, and I'll print it and give it to her.
    Not a biggie if you don't, but I know many of you have labored in prayer for her these past few weeks and this may be something you'd like to do.
    Just an option.

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Excellent! That will be a great experience!
    Agreed!

So, I just got kicked out of an apartment complex (not mine). I walked daughter to school this morning and took the dog along like I have many times. However, it was so hot and muggy today that the dog was already panting like crazy before we walked the mile to daughter's school. I brought water for the dog, but she wasn't really cooling off today. Coming back I decided to instead of walk all the way to the busy intersection and turn at the intersection in full sunlight that I would take it easier on the dog and walk through an apartment complex that sat at the corner joining the two roads where there was at least partial shade. We stayed on the sidewalk the entire time. However, as we were just stepping back onto the main city sidewalk on the other side, a guy runs out yelling at us that we are being reported and he never wants to see either of us near their apartment complex again. Evidently this is a strictly no animal property. Maybe they should post that someplace. Oh well, I guess I can easily cross that place off the list of potential complexes we are thinking about moving to.

*sigh*

11. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

reported to who? geez, talk about over-reaction!

12. sol92258

today is good so far....was talking to our new campus police chief a couple of days ago, and the subject of his cruiser got brought up (a Jeep Cherokee), and started discussing different Jeeps, I briefly mentioned the Jeep Comanche Sportruck I had once, and really liked, and regret getting rid of. He mentions that a friend of his had just gotten one, paid $1900 for, how hard to find they are, etc etc.

Flash forward to today, he comes into my office first thing this AM "Guess what I found?!"

Yeup, a Jeep Sportruck, very similar to the one I had before, for less than half what his buddy gave for his, and in better condition minus one thing, every bit of glass had been busted out of it, but I have a couple of connections, so it'll only be about $700 to replace all the glass in it.

Man oh man, I sure hope this thing works out :D, I'll be super stoked!

13. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

morning guys

14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Sweet! I have been eyeballing a J-10 for awhile myself....

15. sol92258

mornin' [slash]dude[/slash] :D
    dude, those are some tough lookin' rides! Like you could pull of to Godzilla and he'd back down from the awesome of it

16. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

hey check this out... I tried making a feather quill with a really nice nib and it came out awesome! I actually like writing with it better then regular fountain pens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Today was considerably better. Yesterday was awful, and I don't really want to go into it all, but I had to interact with my brother and his family yesterday, found out I need to buy a part for my truck that I can't really afford, and on top of it, the whole guilt trip because we're not babysitting anymore thing reared it's ugly head briefly, but like I said, I don't want to dwell on that right now--suffice to say, yesterday could have been better. Well, today, I actually managed to get (a tedious) something taken off my plate for this week. It's still on my tray, but at least it doesn't have to be done before Monday. I managed to get things back into a manageable state at work, I think, and now it doesn't feel quite so daunting. I decided to come home after work, and I'm going to stay home all night. I know I should go to church, but I'm just so drained, that I'm going to get some rest.

18. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

[​IMG]

19. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

The blistering heat here in Arkansas continues.
    My wife and I have had a great day despite the heat.

20. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I found a neat site that lets you check off the movies you've seen.

I'm nowhere near being finished going through the list. But here's what I've got so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.