Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD November 16, 2020

RazoRock Blue Barbershop soap and splash
    Schick G5 injector
    Stirling Kong synthetic brush

SOTD 11-13-19.jpg

2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 16th November

The Grosvenor-404 mixed
    Lea Classic soap
    Occam-Oren/ plate No3
    Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

My 3rd Shave with an Occams Razor . This one is perhaps not as conventional as the others, but in fact is a very efficient Razor and can be used with precision to get the closest of Shaves. In fact is now my Travel Razor of Choice.

IMG_1178.jpg

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Nov 16th, 2020- Took out my ASR family member the Everready 1914 (AKA LLC)Little lather catcher for some folks who might not of heard that expression of this razor.

Razor: Everready 1914 or LLC+ 1st generation blade stops-Mfg 1914 -17>, excellent mid range, Excellent razor with great audio feed back.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade in a lot of ways.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore"Firenze" [​IMG] Excellent lather qualities with subtle mild vanilla tobacco scent that is addicting.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brow whiskers 26mm- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips, great brush for big hands.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: witch hazel + Nivea refreshing after shave + a dollop of Avon "True Gent" balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Excellent shave with my ER1914 with a new coated Gem blade.
    MMMonday, Nov 16th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

4. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful G5 - that's next on my list to find - love the color!

Ron R, GAW9576 and PLAla like this.
  5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you!

GAW9576 likes this.
  6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Monday's Shave

Treet Razor
    GEM S/S PTFE
    Wild West Brushworks
    LEA Mentholated Shaving Cream
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    LEA Classic Aftershave

SOTD 11.16.2020.jpg

7. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

I did not know or realize that Mr.Connery had passed away, if I had I obviously would not make such a bad, distasteful comment and I apologize sincerely.

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and GAW9576 like this.
  8. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary. It was an enjoyable shave.

brit likes this.
  9. GAW9576

10. brit

brit in a box

GAW9576 likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

here at TSD ones face is always attached in the same place as everyone else's..:)..

Ijustmissedthe50s and GAW9576 like this.
  12. GAW9576

Thank you Gary. The Gem Jr Bar is a spectacular razor. Definitely one of my favourites for many reasons. This one came with a short wooden handle in great shape. I made this acrylic handle for it because I wanted a slightly longer handle and also wanted to persevere the original wooden one.

Electrif, Droo78 and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

fantastic upgrade.the wood handle dates it while this one just looks plain cool..:)

GAW9576 likes this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 17th November

Jayaruh Syn. No67
    Tabac Stick
    RR S/S Hawk V3 -A plate
    Schick Proline [7 ]
    Tabac A/S Lotion

Thought it was a good Shave yesterday but today was equally as good. This S/S Hawk V3 is a bit of a bargain compared with others around, and it delivers a consistently good quality Shave, with a Top Notch finish.

IMG_1179.jpg

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #419 Two Band Badger
    PAA Starling SE
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWS
    Tabac ASB

The Tabac Shave Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #419 Two Band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the PAA Starling SE razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

I can't get enough of these SE's and Injectors!

It had been about five years since I touched my Schick E2 injector, until a week ago I picked it up again. I was originally inspired to get one after seeing the posts of Nick, or "wknicholas" (who sadly I haven't seen on these boards for some time). It shaves like a dream and it's good to be back. I realized if I keep the flat side to my face it's even better. I never thought to go by the directions included with the razor, but wow it makes for a great shave. Aces!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  17. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

So I learned a valuable lesson the other day, hardware store razor blades don't really work SE razors that well the real bummer is that it was my first SE shave. Although I did finally get the handles and pinning kit and finally replaced a set of handles for the first time. Definitely not the best work but once I do it a few times and get the proper tools I'm sure I'll get better. I'll post pictures over in the straight razor acquisition thread, also check out my Wade and Butcher thread

18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type A repeater, (S)chick injector blade, shave 1
    typa1.jpg

First time using this particular Type A repeater. There are 2 versions this one being the original one. Razor is deceptively mild, how much that has to do with using it with a sharp blade on a fresh edge remains to be seen in subsequent shaves. As it stands this particular repeater has given me the best overall shave of any of the Type A, B or C repeating razors I've thus far used and I've used almost all of them by now with the exception of the Type B3. End result BBS finish achieved.

Here is the difference between the first and second versions of the Type A

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Earlier style guard on left, later T bar style on right

19. GAW9576

Thank you. I'm terrible a dating razors. Do you know what date the short wooden handle one would be?

20. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Shave

GEM Pushbutton
    GEM S/S PTFE
    Wild West Brushworks 'Odin'
    Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Alt-Innsbruck Aftershave

SOTD 11.17.2020.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.