Schick Repeating Razor with issues

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Lancre, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

I just received a Schick Repeating Razor from the large auction site. I bid assuming that it needed a good cleaning and that the finish was less than stellar, but that it was in good working order.
    When I unpacked it, it was open, and I tried to close it. The slide moved easily for maybe 1/32", then felt as if it hit a hard stop, so I don't think it's a lubrication problem. Can anyone here advise me on how to fix it?
    schick-repeating-1.jpg

Attached Files:

Billyfergie and Hembree like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Could be a blade jammed in it. You will have to look and see what it is hitting.

Billyfergie, Lancre and Hembree like this.
  3. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Lancre likes this.
  4. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Yeah, it feels like I'm running into the end of something (like a lost blade?), but I don't see anyway in to check, short of taking a hacksaw to it.
    Thanks for the advise.

Billyfergie likes this.
  5. Billyfergie

An Old Blade Can Jam Em Solid..Or a Duff Magazine or Other Broken Internals..:eek:

Billy..:chores016:

Lancre likes this.
  6. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Wow, nearly 1600 messages in that thread. That'll take me a few days to run through. Thanks for pointing me toward it.

It looks like a tiny slot in the upper end to push a blade from the magazine into the head. I wonder if I can push blade backwards through the slot to dislodge the obstruction? Time will tell. I don't want to go off half-cocked and really screw things up.

Billyfergie likes this.
  7. Billyfergie

Aye..Thats what the Slot is For..Try that..I have Used that Method Myself..Steeping it in WD 40 Might Help 1st..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

Lancre likes this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup. That was going to be a suggestion. WD 40 will solve a lot of issues.

Lancre, Droo78 and Billyfergie like this.
  9. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan.

Billyfergie likes this.