Timeless Ti & Stainless Slim......

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

They've cut down on base plate thickness for ease of use under the schnoze. And it is touted as their most aggressive feeling razor to date. It's on.....

mail.jpeg.jpg
    mail.jpeg-2.jpg
    mail.jpeg-1.jpg

2. Str8on2

Just in today. Looks great and love the slim profile. It’s ready to go for tomorrow mornings shave...

9ACCD5A3-7515-4C8A-8713-050A89373A13.jpeg
    DA8CE689-836C-4087-8635-A286AF18D451.jpeg
    DA334377-D5B1-4F30-89B8-9EC59AFCD2AE.jpeg
    17EBB683-5C9A-4FA2-A34F-1B1BA9FAACCD.jpeg

Slim middle, Ti left & Stainless right.....
    B7A4672D-3D81-470F-A3BE-816EC936B1F4.jpeg

battle.munky, brit and Hembree like this.
  3. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

First time I like head geometry of Timeless.
    This new Slim Edition is nice.
    [​IMG]

The OC version sounds smooth too.

4. Str8on2

Got the Slim Timeless .5 SB into it’s first shave. I was surprised and yet quite delighted with it’s performance. For Timeless owners that own one or multiple versions, it’s a given on the excellent quality of workmanship & super tight tolerances that this razor artisan brings to the table. Impeccable attention to details with presentation that is 2nd to none. It’s what is expected of a premium razor for a premium price. Totally worth it if you ask me.

Onto the shave and it was a pleasing eye opener. Installed a twice used KAI SS blade and went to work on 24 hrs. of facial hair growth. One thing I will say is the profile is thin & sleek and not as head heavy as the OG versions in either .68/.95 bar or open comb. In there is where I find a bit of an adjustment is needed. I enjoy using longer handles as this one is equipped with the 100mm Pineapple version. Great handle but, a bit to long for this slim head configuration as it throws off feel & balance for me just a wee bit. No biggie as one can just adjust their grip and position on the handle and be quite fine. But, I will definitely be acquiring one of their other offerings in the 85mm size as I think that would help in creating better balance and feel. Not the razors fault in design, just me not taking into account that overall feel can be thrown off. For some this might not be an issue, for others it is something to keep in mind. Performance was excellent on the cutting side. A bump in blade feel without being harsh or aggressive feeling at all. Has a bit of a window for a slight adjustment in angle but, not as much as it’s older brethren in the .68/.95. I think the smaller width of the safety bar is a big reason for the quick feel in more blade with less room for backing off. You don’t get much of the safety bar or the top cap but, you’re greeted with a nice blade feel that is somewhat tempered from the smoothness of the polished stainless. Think somewhere between the Timeless .95 and the Blackbird. Close in smoothness to the .95 yet not as bitey or blade forward as the venerable Blackbird. The shortness/depth of the guard just brings the blade on the Slim a bit closer to one’s skin that is actually quite good without being intimidating. I have no doubt that the open comb version will just ramp that blade feel up ever so slightly to give even some more feel to those that prefer more blade feel on their skin. A 2 pass affair that left nothing behind on both neck and face. I can’t attest to shaving under the schnoze but, I do trim over the stache line and corners and it’s easier to get those straight edges and contours comfortably & quickly. Do not press or be forceful with the razor on your skin, it will bite and remind you that it’s there to cut efficiently and effectively. Overall a very pleasing and performing razor. Quality & efficiency at it’s finest.

As always, it’s just one shave in but, I enjoyed the Slim immensely and believe it’s a winner from Timeless. If you thought the .95 was a bit to much, don’t even bother looking at this razor. This is not for you, hands down. But, if you enjoy the .95 in either configuration and always thought to yourself “how would this razor feel with a bit more exposure and a thinner overall profile?” then, this is one that should be considered and would fit perfectly in one’s Timeless Razor Collection.

93A47D83-E1B3-4A21-8829-6596134684F8.jpeg

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Terrific write up, Gus. I went back and forth whether or not to get this one. By the time I talked myself out of talking myself out of buying it they were sold out. Sounds like one I'd like to add to the collection. Thanks for the review.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brit, Str8on2 and Hembree like this.
  6. Str8on2

A quick rundown on today’s shave with both the Timeless Stainless Slim .50 vs. the Timeless Bronze .78 OC. Straight to the point, the Slim was smoother and more forgiving than the Bronze OC. Now, take that with a grain of salt as the Bronze is at a disadvantage in terms of it will inherently have more blade feel over the Slim .50. I’m sure that if the Slim was outfitted with it’s OC brother (which I’m considering to order as I don’t have it) the comparison would be closer to apples to apples rather than apples to oranges. That being said, both offer tremendously good blade feel with the Bronze feeling not as smooth and for lack of a better word, more harsh. With an experienced hand both deliver amazing 2 pass shaves with minor touch ups if necessary in achieving a BBS result. Ironically, I was quite surprised by both razor head dimensions as they are quite close in profile with the Slim being ever so slightly lower in in height from base plate to top cap. The weight is definitely on the Slim’s side as the Bronze is substantially heavier & cumbersome. In this shave I swapped out the SS Pineapple handle and used the shorter Ti handle on the Slim head and it was a marked improvement over yesterday’s shave in terms of balance, feel and just overall comfort with the Slim razor. Easier to wield and control on any part of my face. I feel as though the Slim matched the Bronze OC stroke for stroke in cutting efficiency with a noticeable increase in ease of use, smoothness and overall comfort. I’m not saying that the Timeless Slim is a piece of cake or a walk in the park in shave prowess as it still needs a light touch and good technique to maintain a fairly intuitive shave/cutting angle but, it’s easier to keep it there over the Bronze OC and it inspires a reinforced confidence that if you mind your P’s and Q’s it will deliver amazingly close and comfy shaves.

I do love them both but, in the end I think the Timeless Slim .50 is the perfect bridge between the .95 Ti/SS & Bronze OC .78. It gives one about 90% of the .95 smoothness with 95% of the Bronze OC .78 cutting efficiency. It’s a real sweet combo for blade feel lovers without sacrificing much in smoothness/comfort. Great shaver.....

6E8E3B74-0EFC-408C-98A0-372CD05B2100.jpeg
    982CA286-25F9-4BF5-824A-E3E6C13C38C1.jpeg

7. Str8on2

It’s pick your favorite Timeless razor in terms of smoothness, comfort & efficiency. Their whole line up is really tough to beat. I put the Slim & Standard up against each other and I am just amazed and supremely satisfied with what these two Titans can do. They are not mild. If you want mild & ho-hum, close this thread and move on because you will not get it with these two. Are they face rippers? Not by a long shot. But, they are perhaps the two best razors that combine smoothness & efficiency that is nearly seamless. Yes, they are mid-aggressive and up but, the quality of shave they provide and how they get you there is truly superb in the high end artisan razor market. I think if one can afford to spend the $$$ on one quality high end razor and leave it at that, the Timeless SS or Ti stable of razors is, in my eyes one of the best if, not the best razor line up in the business. They scream performance, quality and superb craftsmanship. Love my Timeless razors.....

2A1F4B3E-1B45-45B0-BF19-9FF4F7523CFF.jpeg

8. brit

brit in a box

awesome ..:cool:

Str8on2 likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

awesome Gus..cool thread..:cool::eatdrink047:

Str8on2 likes this.
  10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

December 5th
    Razor: Timeless Ti Slim SB
    Blade: Feather NHS (2)
    Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: PAA Kiritimati
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    PAA Star Jelly
    AS: PAA Kiritimati

Good morning!

Second shave with the Timeless Ti Slim. I have found riding the cap to be the sweet spot for me. Beautiful to look at and wonderful to shave with!

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Ok,

Let's say I would 'maybe' order a Timeless Titanium razor at some future point. What is the best "build" for the razor? I prefer the Scalloped look. So, what blade gap is recommended?

12. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I think the slim is only available in one blade gap (at least at this point?)

Tim Spencer likes this.
  13. Tim Spencer

Should I get the slim version or the regular? I want to build the best Titanium beast possible. I don't have a razor made of Titanium yet.

14. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I wish I could help but I don’t have either!
    But it looks like the sim version is more aggressive than the .95 regular version, so if you like mild that’s probably not the way to go.

15. Tim Spencer

Dang! I'm waiting on my Kiritimati to arrive in shipping. Will be wearing it this upcoming week. ***EDIT - Wait! I see it's just arrived tonight and it's waiting in the condo community mail room! I will still roll with the Green Man tomorrow because I feel like that one. But Kiritimati will be used soon.

Oh.....and that is fake about this being "seasonal", because I bought enough to last years. PAA ain't pullin' no disappeaing act on Kiritimati on me again. This scent is year-round baby.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Str8on2 and jluc like this.
  16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Good luck, Tim. I have stuff coming and going right now that's just taking forever.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Tim Spencer likes this.
  17. Tim Spencer

I edited my last comment. It arrived tonight! I'm in Nevada so my shipping from Arizona is super speedy.

jluc likes this.
  18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Tim Spencer likes this.
  19. Str8on2

A good shave and first for 2021. The Slim .50 shaves well or should I say, very well. No, nowhere close to a Blackbird in feel. Even the Dart feels a bit more blade forward depending on angle over the Slim .50. But, it delivers an exceptionally good shave for me. It’s close to the Timeless .95 with just the slightest increase in blade feel. More importantly though, it gives me an awesome shave equivalent to the .95 with a little bit less work involved. That’s just how the chips fall for some. A worthy improvement for some like myself and not so good for others, unfortunately. Why? I haven’t the slightest clue. Perhaps the shave geometry, slimmer profile or even maybe technique. Not saying that a user/shaver is using it wrong just that there are those that will use a razor the same way with one as they will with their best tools. That’s just the way it is and the YMMV rule is a big part of why some razors are studs for some while being duds for others. Absolutely nothing wrong in that. It is what it is.

It just works for me.....

91393BE7-8936-442A-B1E9-58204B836E8D.jpeg

jluc likes this.
  20. Str8on2

The .50 SS Slim has been a truly great performer from day one. Smooth, efficient and highly maneuverable anywhere on one’s mug. I still think though that the regular Ti .95 SB version is a bit easier on my face in terms of smoothness and blade feel but, they are extremely close. As I’ve said before and there are many that have said the same. You can’t go wrong with whatever Timeless configuration you go with. For the far majority of shavers out there, it can be the end all be all razor easily.

SS Slim .50 paired with the Ti handle...

10A67072-37AF-4994-A30A-98D4FF3E8EDC.jpeg

jluc likes this.