December 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Nov 30, 2020.

?

What are your shaving plans for December?

1. I will break out my most decadent gear and really have at it.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. I am going to mix it up, shaving with whatever suits my fancy.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I am going to adhere to the 30 Day rule.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. December is my month to focus on one particular piece of equipment.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I am going to look for the BEST Christmas cookie recipe.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thanks Evan ! Off the top of my head there was shaving with a devette ( DE with NO baseplate)Shaving with a de, se head and no handle, Complete blindfolded shave, eating a habenero pepper (non shave video) Shave by candlelight, shave with an oil lamp, shave with a bath soap bar, shave outdoors, shave with a Graham Field Blade etc

Oh yeah and eating the 1 chip challenge was the non shave video. Habenero was while shaving...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Awesome shave and gear this morning Doug! Your staging and picture put a smile on my face.

brit, Trigger, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hembree

It was a good one Joe! I am on the way to help shovel snow!

brit, Trigger, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hembree

Thanks Blair.

brit, Trigger, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  5. Hembree

Thanks David.

brit, Trigger, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

DEcember 15th
    British 'Crat Jr w Personna Red (2)
    APShave SynBad/Poculi
    First Canadian Maximo Gomez
    Thayers
    JOHS Tobacco Bay AS
    aserg.jpg
    2nd day with the 'Canadian Rocket' and Personna blade. A fave Tobacco Tuesday combo which I suspect are both nearing unobtanium status. The soap company has been sold and reformulated and the Jeeves products are 'sort of' back. Oh well, I've still got a solid ounce and a half or so of soap left and a third of a bottle of the splash. Not really worried about it anyway, lots of good stuff out there. The big 30mm SynBad is a fave as well. While not as dense as an Evo or CH2 synth knot (more like a Sovereign with a little more loft), it whips up a luxurious lather.
    The 'Crat did a good job this morning. Not perfect after 3 passes, but I didn't really chase after it either. A positive (perhaps the only one...) to wearing a mask through the office? I'll get a healthy whiff of this fantastic scent.
    Have a great day all!

7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Danny!
    I have a few packages coming via usps, all have statuses of arriving late. One of them is my Wolfman.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edison Carter, Hembree, brit and 4 others like this.
  8. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Patrick this is the French Spadson which dates to the end of WWI (Around 1920). The gap is uneven, the blade doesn’t seat properly, and it never fails to give me a bloody thrashing when used. I’ve been tussling with it for over a year and a half. It’s still a work in progress.

754527C1-1B2F-4C4D-889D-76428D21A21E.jpeg 1AB4ACE9-AC41-45B6-957E-2EE4EECE302C.jpeg C1E1FC72-3283-460D-B48D-736239334750.jpeg

9. jtspartan

Ha! At least Patrick takes the time to actually MAKE a stable blade holder. Wasn't it @Norcalnewb and @Drygulch who both just taped a DE blade to their finger? As I recall, both are from, and reside in, the U S of A...

Edison Carter, 9nein9, b1hart and 6 others like this.
  10. jgreenepa

No worries, Patrick! We’ll be here when you return, God willing! :)

9nein9, Hembree, brit and 3 others like this.
  11. jgreenepa

Lovely shave, Jason! That brush handle is beautiful! Enjoy your shaves and your day!

Hembree, jtspartan, brit and 3 others like this.
  12. jtspartan

Well, Terry regularly cutting off all semblance of safety bars or Joseph shaving with a flat bladed/no safety bar/homebuild have become pretty routine. Maybe we are in a new 'glory years' stage where such TTT antics are the norm...
    Although, @wchnu is still around...maybe he'll bring out the 'Blade on a twig' for our amusement...

Edison Carter, Droo78, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  13. jgreenepa

Nice shave, Joe! Enjoy your day and stay safe! :)

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  14. jtspartan

No wonder you carve yourself up with that thing, Jeff. The top cap doesn't sit anywhere near flat and the blade alignment looks dicey at best. I'm curious> How do you feel the belt grinder is going to fix it?
    Neal always used to say 'Technique Trumps Tools, as long as the Tool isn't broken...'

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  15. jgreenepa

Great looking gold kit shave, Evan! Was the razor replated? Enjoy your shaves! :)

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  16. jgreenepa

Thanks, Jason! The top cap was pot metal, so the belt grinder was overkill. Worked at it by hand. We’ll see whether it’s usable or should be consigned to the circular file! ;)

Hembree, jtspartan, brit and 3 others like this.
  17. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

December 15th
    Decadent December

Razor: 1927 Rolls Razor
    Brush: Simpson X3 Best Badger
    SS & AS: Stirling Christmas Eve

As a gadget guy, I had to pick up one of these, the 1927 Rolls Razor. I don't think this had ever been used. The strop and hone are nearly perfect and the blade edge looked far too perfect other then a few dings in the leading edge, it looked factory new.

Due to the dings I did have to put a fresh edge on it with my stones, but I decided to do a few strokes with the included hone and strop before shaving with it. That did not improve things at all. The included stone isn't even an 8000 grit.

I enjoyed the shave because I love gadgets and this is a workable gadget which gave me a 3 pass socially acceptable shave. With a proper edge I can see myself enjoying this razor as the feel is very close to a straight. However its difficult to hone by hand and if I really want a straight razor feel I can just shave with a straight razor.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

18. jtspartan

More unique software (to me at least), Barry! Herbs of Bulgaria? Hope that is a positive connotation...:)
    Ferrules made for a vintage 400? Very interesting and very cool, Dave.
    Thanks for telling that story! That is really neat, keeping that brush after all these years.
    My first brushes were cheap drugstore Wilkinson boars and puny Body Shop synths that I used (without putting away or cleaning, left 'em right in the C&E puck bowl) for several years with a cart before seeing the light.
    PS- I don't remember the powdered pink soap, but I do remember trips to Woolworths- we had 'em here too.
    Another great shave! I've really enjoyed your run with the H&S this week, Jim, and am looking forward to another good run of posts with the #75. Awesome.
    Sounds like a great shave, Gary. Is that Brit 4 piece the same as the Canadian version you showed off yesterday?
    Cool pic, Pierpaolo. What is in that tub? Looks like mincemeat...
    Love the greens for sure! I feel the same way, Clint. I know the Colonia tub says 4.3 base on it, but I have always felt is wasn't quite the same as the others I have. I said so after I first got it, but then questioned my own reviews...still a quality product, though.
    Nice staging, Doug. The Aristocrat is a stunner, too.
    Looks like winter outside there. Not here. Nothing more than a dusting or two in a month.
    Going from your razor yesterday to showing off that shiny 400 today, Danny? Talk about outhouse to penthouse. Awesome!
    Love the hardware, Jeff! Evan's Monster and that great looking General are a wonderful combo. Have a great day.

19. Dave in KY

Nice shave Jason and love the brush !

jgreenepa, Hembree, jluc and 4 others like this.
  20. Dave in KY

Nice shave and read. Congrats, a Rolls is on my bucket list at some point if I find one in great shape at my price point. So many of them out there

jgreenepa, Hembree, jluc and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.