Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Chris Scott, Jun 17, 2014.

1. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

the only TOBS cream I own is tobacco leaf and it is EXCELLENT very high quality scent, too bad there isn't an EDT or after shave splash of this.

awk-m4, Michael_W and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

hopefully one in future..:)

myles wilson likes this.
  3. OUmedic

OUmedic New Member

There is a tobacco leaf aftershave listed on the official TOBS website; not sure where else it's available. I love the scent, looking forward for sure to the aftershave. Also in my TOBS repertoire: lavender, lime zest, royal forest.

Pedigree, awk-m4, brit and 1 other person like this.
  4. myles wilson

Oh nice, thanks for the info!

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

will check it out..must be recent..:eatdrink047:

myles wilson likes this.
  6. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I'm very fond of my TOBS Sandalwood cream, but I've got mixed feelings about its scent.

awk-m4 and brit like this.
  7. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

The TOBS Avocado is one of those must-haves that is an all-time staple in my opinion. First time I smelled it, I absolutely loved it!

brit likes this.
  8. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I got the Royal Forest line recently and it is as good as the Tobacco Leaf scent in terms of fragrance. I haven't had the pleasure of trying the tobacco leaf scent, but it'll be next when I run out of my royal forest.

9. myles wilson

Wouldn’t mind seeing them do a clone of polo green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael_W and brit like this.
  10. brothers

brothers Active Member

The lather is as good as any. I admire the price. Mine are Sandalwood, Peppermint, and Cedarwood. The P and the C are excellent scents, but the Sandalwood is only tolerable but not to be missed when it finally gets used up.

11. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

I recently bought some TOBS Sandalwood. The cream lathered really well and provided a great shave but the scent was just too overpowering for me. My towels, my bathroom, my whole house seemed to smell of sandalwood!

So I ditched it. I kept the nice plastic dish it came in though. I took the labels off and I keep my Stirling Sandpiper Soap in there! :)

brit, awk-m4 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  12. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

Gotta love these threads started 8 yrs earlier. I'll chime in with the TOBS that work best for me are the straight scents like Grapefruit, Coconut, and Peppermint. The samples of Eton College, Jermyn St. and Mr. Taylor I tried I could hardly smell.

13. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

CLASSY!

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

thank you.:):eatdrink047:

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  15. brothers

brothers Active Member

Credit where credit's due - used the TOBS Sandalwood and the boar brush this morning. Together they created an outstanding lather and a brilliant shave. I have no complaints!

awk-m4, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  16. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

If I were to buy more tubs of TOBS, I would grab the avocado and the grapefruit.

17. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

The Rose is excellent!
    DSCN5103.JPG

awk-m4, DaltonGang, brit and 4 others like this.
  18. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

I'm really liking Tobacco Leaf! Three shaves out of the sampler. The slickness is amazing!!!
    I'm sold on TOBS!
    On order: Tobacco Leaf, Coconut, and Peppermint!
    IMG_9661.jpg

19. brit

brit in a box

awesome..:):eatdrink047:

awk-m4 likes this.
  20. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I mix a spoon of TOBS Almond cream with my Mitchell's Wool Fat and got really rich lather. Luxury!

DSCN7768.JPG