RazoRock Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by BigD, Nov 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Razorock Shave means using anything that is Razorock. I do believe you're good.

Str8on2 likes this.
  2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Razorock Hawk SS V3. This is a real good shaver. It’s not heavy on blade feel nor does it need to be to perform at a high level. It’s comfy, smooth and nicely efficient.

D88DE4CF-8796-4C96-8D42-5966FD37995F.jpeg

Aztecmike, Ron R, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.
  3. Str8on2

Don’t sleep on the Razorock BBS-SS. It delivers an exceptionally good shave that combines super comfort and a really deceptive efficiency that produces results that are 2nd to none. Punches way above its weight in performance and quality.....

F2CA1C12-A850-4108-8FCD-7A9332FC7F0F.jpeg

Aztecmike, Ron R, BigD and 2 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Gus..:cool:

Str8on2 likes this.
  5. Str8on2

Thanks Brother.... :thanks:

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

wednesday shave
    60s tech
    platinum
    razorock chrome silvertip synthetic
    razorock xxx

[​IMG]

Aztecmike, Ron R, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  7. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Great Shaves!!!!!!!!!!!!

brit likes this.
  8. Str8on2

GC .84 OC. True to its name, a Gamechanger......

F9D64D78-73B4-48D9-8A53-120382794DB7.jpeg

Aztecmike, Ron R, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mr.D..
    fine game changer shave Gus..:cool:

Str8on2 and BigD like this.
  10. Str8on2

The BBS-SS. A smooth and easy shaver that gives what its namesake implies, a BBS finish with ease.....

D1F5F9BF-F95B-4661-9846-80D583B936DB.jpeg

Aztecmike, Ron R, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

sunday shave
    canadian prewar tech
    nacet
    sunspot synthetic
    razo-rock

[​IMG]

12. brit

brit in a box

monday shave
    canadian prewar tech
    nacet
    wcs boss synthetic
    razor-rock

[​IMG]

13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Just borrowed this interesting chart and thought it might help folks thinking about buying Razorock razors down the road . I guess Joe(owner) put it out but I can not find it.
    Must be on Instagram or some where else, it does not mention efficentcy but it is still a good reference. There is always going to be opinions so it a reasonable estimation & and of course I have my own opinions.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Aztecmike, BigD and brit like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Jan 11th 2021. Another great razor from American Safety Razor Corp family of shaving products.

Razor: Gem Open Comb 1912- MFG 1912-15- excellent razor and this is the razor that really propelled the company into a legendry umbrella of shaving company's IMO, it is not a aggressive OC razor but in the mid range but more on the smooth side IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- what a nice citrus scent, excellent lather qualities. It will cheer up a person when it is -20C outside IMO .
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm knot- excellent lather creator, heavenly cloud like soft tips with some backbone for folks who like a gentle scrub IMO.
    Pre shave: wash whole face with Razorock XXX hand cube soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem OC 1912 + Gem Coated SS blade.
    [​IMG]

Str8on2, Aztecmike, BigD and 2 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday shave Jan 17th 2021, having a little fun with the New Razorock Lupo .72 2nd Generation razor, Still testing the mid range non threatening easy to use DE razor. Not sure how they engineered this shaving jewel to get great results and still shave with comfort. I thought I would put the razor through some more paces and performed some buffing, also J hooking and of course the Lupo slide [​IMG] (Gillette slide) for those who are not familiar with that manoeuvre. The razor passed those manoeuvres with no issues and so to me it is a winner if a person wants a solid mid range easy going razor. I think it could be a daily driver easily for my beard type but only on day 2 of at least 7 consecutive shaves! I could have a grail razor but still would get bored and use some of my many other razors (40 + razors as if I need another one, this will be last one[​IMG]). I have three Razorock stainless steel razors now and it is just as good or possibly better than the lot, time will tell what I reach for the most.

Razor: Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation -MFG 2021, excellent mid range with all the charteristic of a good razor head. Easy to handle and manipulate on the face. Smooth and very efficient IMO.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP(2) it is my standard blade for testing and comparing any other blades. Sharp & Smooth priced well also. Good longevity.
    Soap: Razorock XXX- great clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- This synthetic is my oldest synthetic brush used and has soft tips with a nice back bone for a scrub & a good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Excellent shave with new RR Lupo.72 + Gillette Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

BigD, Droo78, Str8on2 and 2 others like this.
  16. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210117_180935.jpg
    January 17th, 2021

Ziglar oc slant
    Schick Plus Platinum
    Frank Shaving G5 synthetic
    Razorock - For Chicago
    shave soap and splash

Str8on2, Droo78, BigD and 2 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

fabulous razo-rock shave Mike.cool razor..:cool:

Aztecmike likes this.
  18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Gary. :)

brit likes this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Jan18th 2021, Well did not feel like missing a MMMonday(A.S.E monday) So to have a little fun decided a Daily double, I picked my easy going 1st Generation Featherweight VS my new 2nd generation Razorock Lupo .72. I let the Gem Featherweight have the tough whisker side and the RR Lupo.72 the other side with 24 hrs growth. Both razors are easy to handle on the face and have become some of my many favorites.
    Both are different in weight by quite a bit and my skill level is good enough to handle both issues with the RR Lupo is 3 times the weight of my Gem Feather weight(1OZ). First pass very similar in beard reduction, 2nd pass of on either side very similar again and then the pickups I was pleasantly surprized a tie on closeness. So did the feel test and I had a hard time with what side won- so out came the cottonball test and it also indicated a dead tie with no snagging of cotton. The Gem Feather had the odds against it (tough beard under chin side) but also I have used that razor many more times compared to the RR Lupo .72.
    So to conclude I had a different MMMonday with a little enjoyment for this shaving enthusiast.

Razor: Gem Feather weight 1st generation- MFG 1950-52, 2nd gen 1953-54, excellent razor, fun to use with great results.
    Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo .72 - Mfg 2021, excellent built razor and a joy to use with just 3 shaves in.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, very sharpe, great longevity and smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP (3) excellent blade Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap: Razorock XXX. very nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Red zebra handle 26 mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud like soft tips with a bit of back bone + excellent lather painter IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush washed my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups on each side of face with 2 different razors.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Feather weight + Gem coated blade.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Gillette Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

20. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave off Ron..fine set up and pic..:cool:

Ron R likes this.