RazorockS

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brit, Mar 1, 2020.

1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

First Day of the Christmas Season, Everyone. I went with M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019 and the GameChanger .84 plate series.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
    Soap: M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019
    Razor: RazoRock GC .84 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
    Blade: Kai (6)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
    Brush: The Alpha Outlaw Boar
    AS: Brut Musk
    EdT: Brut Musk

If you haven't tried M. A. Space Soap it is well worth the money. The owner is also working to help with the vaccine to the current crisis.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hembree, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I’ve been on a DOC kick as of late, I’ve been using my razor rock 400 with it.
    I originally felt the razor to be aggressive, or rather I felt it to be harsh. But now I think I may have been heavy handed. I feel like the razor’s edge is very exposed, which is ok if you treat it with very soft hands.
    My last three shave have been very nice.
    Still not as proficient with it as I am with the Grand. They are definitely two different beasts, although they get lumped into the same category.

BigD and brit like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD Tue, Dec 8th 2020

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade with baton handle- Mfg 1943, Excellent mid range, very nice razor to handle.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Lucky dice tuxedo knot 26mm- great lather creator with good backbone & cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: washed face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + dollop of Clear Aloe vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 Parade with gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

brit, Paul Turner and BigD like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wed, Dec 16th

Razor: Razorock SLOC- Mfg2018> Excellent daily driver, Mid range<, such a nice pairing with the KAI SS blade or any blade.
    Blade: Kai SS (10) extra wide blade compared to a Gillette standard blade, sharp & Smooth with excellent longevity.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- nice citrus scent that gives this old sole a nice feeling on a snowy cold morning up north.
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24 mm knot, excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips for painting, nice gentle scrubber also.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch Hazel + Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my RR SLOC DE razor combined with KAI SS blade.
    [​IMG]

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Sat, Dec 19th 2020

Razor: Gillette NEW long comb, Canadian variant- MFG 1930's, great mid range, very nice feel in my hand.
    Blade: Personna red (2) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent with excellent lather qualities, one of my favorites.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- great lather creator with soft tips, one of my older synthetics that I have enjoyed.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb + Personna red blade.
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, brit, Droo78 and 1 other person like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

wednesday shave
    60s tech
    platinum
    razorock chrome silvertip synthetic
    razorock xxx

[​IMG]

Aztecmike, Droo78, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's a great brush, Gary.

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

thank you Paul..it's quite heavy.i nicknamed it the "trailer hitch ball.":)

BigD, Droo78 and Paul Turner like this.
  9. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

That is a pretty picture and a cool looking shave!!!!

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mr.D..:)..

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Dec 24th 2020
    Razor: TNNSER 3 D printed razor a @twhite creation: Excellent light weight mid range, nice change up for my shaving routine.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) excellent very sharp blade, good longevity , smooths out nicely & Predictable.
    Soap: Razorock , The Dead Sea - great scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud like soft tips also a good gentle scrubber .
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG +pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The dead sea after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my TNNSER 3 D printed razor with a coated SS Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, BigD, Droo78 and 2 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

cool dead sea shave and pic Ron.Happy Christmas..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  13. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20201224_100925.jpg
    Razorock all the way around this morning!

Never been disappointed with a Razorock product. Great value for the money.

Paul Turner, Aztecmike, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, Merry Christmas day!

brit likes this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I like most of their products also and the prices are worth the gamble to take on the odd dud, yet others might enjoy that certain product that a person really does not click with. Good folks to deal with IMO also.

Paul Turner, Droo78 and brit like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Some recent Razorock cheer I received on the 24th of DEC.
    Christmas cheer 2020.jpg

Aztecmike, Paul Turner, BigD and 4 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

fine razorock haul..:)

Ron R and BigD like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Jan4th 2021- Good morning A.S.R affectionados

Razor: Gem Clog Pruf(Peerless model 17 nib SafetyBar)- MFG 1945
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) Excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity & predictable IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender [​IMG] - excellent scent and excellent lather qualities, on 2nd tub.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- this is my oldest most used at one time synthetic brush(old faithful) soft tips with a good scrub.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on the beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem Clog Pruf Peerless model and a coated Gem blade.( does not get a whole lot better).
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, BigD, Droo78 and 3 others like this.
  19. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210104_233512.jpg
    January 5th, 2021

Schick Repeating Razor Type A
    Schick Plus Platinum blade
    Jayaruh #400 synthetic
    Razorock The Dead Sea
    shave soap and splash

BigD, Droo78, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Not sure how many Razorock folks who enjoy their razors, just thought I should mention that the Lupo 2nd generation with different variants of gap and base plates are available finally to day. I order the SS Lupo .72 baseplate with the scalloped safety bar today.
    To me a scalloped safety bar is superior to a smooth one IMO.

Aztecmike, BigD and brit like this.