Wife a trac II

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Swampfox, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Swampfox

Swampfox Active Member

I’m looking at getting my wife a trac II and a lady starburst. I’m seeing lady trac II Demonstrator for around $20, but the regular lady Trac II are $40. Can someone tell me the difference?

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I don't know the difference but if I may suggest it, the silver flowery handle is one of the best I've used and it can be gotten at a reasonable price.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Amazon Prime $4.75 for the handle, and 20 blades for $20.00.

4. Swampfox

Swampfox Active Member

What is the silver flowery handle? Only color I have ever seen in the lady trac II is green, and on the starburst gold, champagne, blue n pink.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Borrowed from across the street...

ecf725631bc32a1bfbf10567dade1e07.jpg

It's average length, they have it next to a very long handle so it only looks short.

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. Swampfox

Swampfox Active Member

Okay Schlick

7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I haven't seen any of those two handles up for sale for a long time. The only modern metal handles for Trac II's, except maybe Chinese, is this one from Taconic Shave, with blades..................
    gcBavcUiRIuA._UX300_TTW__.jpg

8. TADIII

TADIII Active Member

Sorry to jump into this almost three months late, but...
    The Demonstrators (I have seen them in black, green, and white) are all plastic and were very inexpensive, or even free). The standard commercial versions (black, brown, and green) have a slim metal spine along the handle that becomes the (slide-on) cartridge holder. I believe (without personal testing or other proofs) that the plastic holder would wear over time and be less capable of maintaining the proper tension on the cartridge (let me repeat, "I believe...")
    HTH.
    Tom

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.