No Buy 2021??

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by poppi, Dec 28, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Anyone thinking about doing this??

If so, any rules other than buy nothing new during calendar year 2021?

Anyone?

2. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

I've got enough blades, soaps & creams to last a life time & if I break 1 razor a year I still have enough.
    I see myself joining this group.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

3. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

My rule is to not buy anything unless it's something that's been on my to-try list for years and it's been discontinued.

brit and stuartganis like this.
  4. Soap Thing

Soap Thing New Member

I’m trying to hit the brakes and enjoy things I already know I like. I’ll probably only buy things I’m running low on, that are my all time favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim99 and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

i have enough soaps,blades and razors to last forever..couple of wants have eluded me due to the last year of availability and funding issues.beyond those i may join in..:)

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

About all I would buy is a bottle of Superior 70 if it becomes available again and puck of mentholated soap for the summer.

If I am out of something, replacing it does not count. Otherwise it does.

Ill probably try again for next year.

7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I'm going to give it a try. The only thing I'll allow would be forum related purchases ie raffle tickets or if the 30DC does another commemorative soap or brush.

Good luck my fellow No Buyers!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brit, stuartganis and Silvestris like this.
  8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I personally think it's impossible to for me. I never know what amazing deal may show itself. Good luck all on this endeavor.

Herm

9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m in!

As far as the rules go, maybe we could have an exception purchase for the calendar year, like a soap or razor. Or if we buy or trade a razor, we then need to sell one from our den.

brit likes this.
  10. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I created these rules on the other forum:
    1. No need to plan ahead. Planning ahead and stocking up a lot of stuff means that unnecessary stuff might be bought, that never get used. Be a gentleman and save those money for your family or some other good causes.
    2. If something necessary for shave breaks (razor, brush) or you run out of something essential (blades, soap), you are allowed to buy because you were not planning ahead.
    3. If you are in the middle of a project (for example creating a shaving bowl, 3d-printing a razor, creating a soap etc) you are allowed to finish that single project as long as the project is also shared with the forum.
    4. Everything that is not covered by rule nr. 2 and nr. 3 is forbidden to be bought. This means that you need to be satisfied with your equipment and software before entering this. When some "enablers" are posting something on this forum you simply have to ignore it and live with what you got unless you actually can buy it because you satisfy the condition for rule nr. 2.
    5. As a gentleman you do not try to win a PIF. You are a gentleman so you allow your fellow shavers to have a bigger chance in winning by not participating yourself.
    6. As a gentleman you are still allowed to receive things someone gives without you asking for it. Remember, a gentleman would not beg fellow shavers for stuff. You are not allowed to ask in sneaky and manipulating ways like writing in posts over and over something like "I wish I had X" hoping a gentleman would notice you. That is a hidden form of begging.
    7. Everything that does not involve money is allowed.
    8. You are allowed to donate money and things you own.
    Feel free to use them. I am participating under these rules.

Shaver X, Jim99 and brit like this.
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :eatdrink013:

brit likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

With me, it wasn't an amazing DEAL to show up, it was the fact that a oompany I liked was closing down. I had planned to get something else from them, but I felt I could wait until 2019. With that surprise announcement though, I hurried up and made my order. Thus-seeyalater NB18.

Herm2502 and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

;)

14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I can and will also participate under those rules. I’m in!

brit and Engblom like this.
  15. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I can live with those and will give it a go.

Starts this coming Friday folks. If you have to order, now's the time

Frank Shaves, brit and Engblom like this.
  16. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I'll stick to my own rules if you don't mind.

Frank Shaves, John Beeman and brit like this.
  17. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thought about it....but there's one razor left on a want list to complete a project. That purchase, probably happening May/June 2021, kicks me out of the 'No Buy 2021' club. Oh well....2021 will very much be a 'slow buy 2021' for me in comparison to 2019 & 2020.

brit likes this.
  18. Frank Shaves

Frank Shaves Well-Known Member

Since I can't really afford to buy more shaving gear I will join in. I've pretty much purchased everything I need for a year. I am currently using two DE razors in rotation with four more on order and in the mail. I also have enough blades so I won't be needing those. I have a new Wilkinson shave brush, enough shaving soap and Barbasol to last me a year I think. Oh wait....aftershave... :happy102:

So this will start on Jan. 1st? :D

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    brit and Silvestris like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I LOVE watching this annual thread. :eatdrink013:
    BTW, I have failed so many times, that I refuse to commit again. :happy097:

ischiapp, 9nein9, Dave in KY and 8 others like this.
  20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Yup, starts on Friday.

Frank Shaves, Paul Turner and brit like this.