How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Well, misery loves company and I'm right with you. Can't really talk about it publically, but some days just suck. Hopefully the wife is in a good mood and I can relax a little this evening. Maybe stop and grab some beer on the way home.

Sometime I think GOD gives us crappy days because that's the only thing that will change us. We're all "stiff-necked" to use biblical terminology. Sometimes I try to think otherwise, but I know it's true.

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

true, though I would change some terminology:
    replace "GOD gives us crappy days", to "GOD allows us to have crappy days"

3. sol92258

just finished the Mythbusters episode of idioms, the part of "you can't polish "a poop"", and they used the method of Japanese dorodango, and you know, that kinda has me interested in getting some (clean) mud

4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

nothing like a good mythbusters episode to relax and unwind after a nasty day. Hope you feel better! :)

5. sol92258

feeling quite better, first time all day my head hasn't been achey.
    now if I can just be patient enough to let my mind let go of the images from this afternoon.

I ran into Micah at Wal Mart earlier, and described just how weird today has been.

I've worked at this school for going on 4 years now, and about half of it I've used this particular route. That percentage would be higher, except for the year that my wife worked at this district as well, so we rode together that year, taking the main highway between the towns as it's closer to the campus she worked at.

In all this time, I've seen many dogs, but none have ever ran out toward me.
    This one I saw at the top of the hill across the road, but didn't give it hardly a second thought. Looked down for second and back up, it was halfway across the other lane and not slowing down. My heart immediately sank because I knew there was no way of missing it. THere's a tiny bit of shoulder on the road, but not much, and I used every bit of it. I don't think I so much ran over it as much as it ran into me.
    And, like I said, if I hadn't looked back, I'd be alright. But for a moment it looked like he was going to get up and walk off, but fell back down. I wish it hadn't been raining, and more importantly, I wasn't already feeling extremely nauseous, or I would have gone back.

Now, the rest of the trip: two more times I encountered groups of dogs, and in both cases, one of the dogs started out at me. Neither time did they full on come at me, but started to.
    So, 3 times in 4 years, all in the same day.

Then, to top it off, I drop my daughter off to dance, she gets out of the car, closes the door, I watch and make sure she's in the building, look ahead of me, look behind me (still in hyper-observant mode), look back ahead and start to go when I hear tapping on the drivers side....
    it's one of the other parents giving me a paper to take to my wife, but my first thought was "What the crap is the deal today? First dogs, now people"
    Maybe I shouldn't drive tomorrow.....

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

-20 F windchill. Woo Hoo!

Got my Packers jersey on... heading to work where I will be the vast minority on jersey day. Bring it! Go Pack Go!

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

As a Vikings fan, I can't say I care which division rival loses to the AFC in the Superbowl. :D
    In truth, the Pack is the better team and deserves it. Much as that pains me.

8. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

It's -20 here too...but I'm in BEARS country!

9. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Again, kind of the same way I feel about kids. ;) :D :happy102

10. micah1_8

I had to scrape the inside of my windshield before I could come to work this morning.

That just ain't right.

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

yup.. it happens.. and I hate it every time.

today's woot shirt..

[​IMG]

Ordered...

12. micah1_8

13. sol92258

only time I've ever had to scrape inside my vehicle was once when I failed to put all the windows up, and even then it was only the passenger side door window.

Now for ice to form, there has to be moisture, and the only times there's ever been moisture on the windshield was when we ...... well, you know. :cool:

So, that begs the question, Micah, what were y'all doing after shopping last night? Is Wal-Mart an aphrodisiac? :happy102

14. sol92258

that's pretty funny in and of itself, but is it a reference to something?
    I'm tempted to believe it a reference to Guantlet, what with the axe and sword and bow and arrow and wizard hat and staff....

15. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I don't think it's a reference to Gauntlet- I think it's more a riff on your standard D&D game. The horrible monster at the end of the adventure killed everybody and now he's lonely. That's my take, anyway.

16. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Rings (wizard, two swordsman, an archer, a person with an axe, and four small piles of ash... one with a ring on a chain). Balrog won..

17. sol92258

ahhh, it's been too long since I've seen it to have picked that up

18. micah1_8

19. micah1_8

Just when I thought I couldn't find any more gems on reddit, somebody points me to this.

20. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

ahhhh! now I see it! I like how the Balrog looks sad/ lonely. It's an amusing touch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.