"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, Dec 13th 2020

Razor: Schick injector i2 + hydro magic feature-Mfg 1954-57, excellent daily driver, easy to handle and joy to use.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(7) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity and smooths out nicely, works well in this razor.
    Soap: Santa Marie del Fiore "Firenze"- Excellent soap qualities with a great mild vanilla tobacco scent that is worth the effort to use.
    Brush:
    Yaqi Artic sky 24 mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly like soft tips with a gentle scrub + good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch Hazel + True Gent balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,CCS + no irritation+ no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 with a coated Personna.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Aztecmike, brit and Edison Carter like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Easy Rider injector, vintage Schick Twin blade, shave 9
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Injector razor I've had for awhile now but never got around to trying out. Razor is also referred to as an L6 and the Easy Rider name is for guard as seen in the picture because the teeth are supposed to protect you from cutting yourself hence easy riding on the face. It is not named or was a promotional for the movie Easy Rider. See youtube video commercial for the razor at bottom for more marketing info.

Razor is mild but it performed well beyond my expectations considering it was never designed for a twin blade. First off I used some serious pressure with no cuts or irritation from the shave and with all that said this razor flat outperformed the various Type L razors made from 73 onward that were designed for twin blades. It is in the same league as the Type N injectors with a twin blade. It is not a better shaver but would be a satisfactory runner up if it was all you had to use with twin blades. It is good enough it made it into my NFS (Not For Sale) pile of razors based on this shave.

End result BBS finish achieved.

3. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Thank you for that information - this is a razor I've always wanted to buy but haven't found one yet. I just love the design and color, so I'm glad to hear it shaves really well.

4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Shaves well with a twin blade, with a single edge blade that is yet to be determined for me. But I do plan to do my next or the one after that with a single edge blade in this razor.

5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Easy Rider injector, (S)chick blade
    [​IMG]

Used a single edge injector blade today after yesterday's shave with a twin blade in this razor. I used some crazy pressure though since this is a very mild razor. It does work well as long as you get the correct angle. End result is about the same as the twin blade but not nearly as smooth or irritation free because of the amount of pressure used. If I used a light hand the closeness may not have been same. Either way for something this mild it punches well above it's weight class if you find and keep the correct angle which is cap almost flat to the face and razor singing while cutting. BBS finish achieved and have to say this is one of those dark horse razors that just comes out of nowhere and up ends one's notion about mild razors that is unless you know how to use a Gem Featherweight correctly. ;)

Leo K., Ron R and Edison Carter like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Dec 20 2020

Razor: Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's 40's, excellent mid range, very nimble in the hand to move over the face.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (6) very sharp, smooths out nicely and has great longevity.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- nice scent with excellent lather qualities. One of favorite Razorock soaps.
    Brush: Yaqi Artic Sky 24mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud like tips for a painting. Nice gentle scrubber.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times.

Aztecmike and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

cool schick shave and pic Ron..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, another week went by quickly, I like to use another brand of razor ideas many years ago.

brit likes this.
  9. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Pretty excited I finally scored one of these
    $_12.jpeg

10. brit

brit in a box

cool razor Dave..you may find the E series a better shaver..icon razor though..:cool:

Ijustmissedthe50s and Dave in KY like this.
  11. Dave in KY

I had an E before and it was 2 mild to me. I like my N with the twin blade in it and prefer my G4 over the E. I still just always wanted one of these.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

my reason for wanting one as well.many here have stated that the F type isn't Schick's best shaver.:).not trying to rain on a parade..;)

Ijustmissedthe50s and Dave in KY like this.
  13. Dave in KY

Yeah, we'll see how we get along. Got it for far below market prices so I'm in good shape.

brit likes this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday injector shave, I really enjoy a injector on a Sunday, I have been doing it for years and hopefully a lot more.

Razor: Pal injecto-matic-Mfg 1952>, mid range<, very easy to handle and easy to shave under the nose with good results usually.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (7) excellent blade, the nice strengths of the personna's are longevity and I can leave a blade in the razor for months and still as sharp as the day placed in the racks after giving a quick blow to dry it after each use. Very Sharp & Smooth IMO.
    Soap: Speick stick, excellent mild spicy scent, excellent lather qualities.(protection, one of the better hard soaps IMO)
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm with black marble handle [​IMG],Excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips & good scrubber if wanted.
    Pre shave:Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Pal injecto-matic with a Personna injector blade.
    [​IMG]

15. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

16. brit

brit in a box

cool schick shave and pic Jim..:cool:

17. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary. ;)

brit likes this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 3rd 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector, M3- Excellent razor & well built for a plastic & steel razor, excellent results. WTG 3 + ATG 4.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (5) excellent blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely, great longevity.
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch, nice mild clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26 mm knot- excellent brush, one of my favorites for 26mm knots, heavenly cloud like soft tips, good scrub.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups, WTG setting 3+ ATG setting 4 + pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3,+personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, James Kleinkauf and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

cool schick shave and pic Ron,good morning..:cool:

20. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210104_233512.jpg
    January 5th, 2021

Schick Repeating Razor Type A
    Schick Plus Platinum blade
    Jayaruh #400 synthetic
    Razorock The Dead Sea
    shave soap and splash

henrickd, brit and James Kleinkauf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.