Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Hope 2021 is a better year for everyone.

1st Jan 2021

Jayaruh Syn No67
    Tabac soap
    Occams - Enoch
    Schick Proline [ 3 ]
    Tabac A/S Lotion

If my Shaves in 2021 are as good as this one, I will be a Happy Bunny.

IMG_1256.jpg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 9 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    New Year's Day's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    Triceratops 3D Printed Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk EdC

Today: Triceratops with black top, black handle.

The De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the Triceratops 3D Printed Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk EdC. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 1st January
    GEM SE 3D Adjustable by Roger Quintero
    GEM SSC#2 on aggressive 'C' plate

[​IMG]

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 8 others like this.
  4. romsitsa

romsitsa Well-Known Member

Early German fake Kampfe lathercatcher (American Model). Straightened/riveted head, added a bone handle, blade stops and an injector blade frame.

7AF7C2D8-93FF-4960-91D0-F6814EA64D18.jpeg 8F584BFA-D8C5-435E-A360-99211A3FAFD9.jpeg 50A1A47B-246E-4CAA-8C29-2571F194F2E7.jpeg

5. brit

brit in a box

GAW9576 and romsitsa like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Excellent quality photo Matt, you always have top of the line gear.

brit, GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  7. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Outstanding!

Thank you, sir!

brit and GAW9576 like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Parker adjustable injector, Schick injector blade, shave 8
    [​IMG]

Razor set at 5. Shave was close but on the wrong side of the BBS fence. Blade should have lasted at least 10 shaves before it dropped off which highlights the major shortcoming of this razor. It is too mild exposure wise else the blade should have lasted longer which the Schicks do for me in other mild injectors.

Final thoughts it is a great razor even with it's shortcomings for someone new to injectors and don't like to use D.P.R. (Dead People's Razors) in the sub $75 realm coming in at $32 with blades as of this posting. Just make sure if it isn't performing to expectations even after dialing it up to 5 to also use a Schick blade in it besides the Personna blades it comes with. A sharper blade will increase the performance for that reason alone as I can attest to.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    SlimGem, Jim99, Droo78 and 7 others like this.
  9. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Never seen an injector blade frame. Very interesting as is the razor.
    Is the injector blade frame something that came with the razir originally or did you add it?

10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

To highlight the blade exposure here is Parker and a Schick Type L Easy Rider together. See how much more blade exposure the Easy Rider has and it is a milder razor than the Parker when it is set to 5.
    [​IMG]

Droo78, GAW9576, 120inna55 and 3 others like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick adjustable injector, Schick injector blade, shave 9
    [​IMG]

This one was never formally designated and can be identified by the all the plastic handle without any stickering on it. This style was produced in the 1980s with this one produced between 1982 - 1984 since it has a logo stamped on the razor head. Razor was set to it's most aggressive setting. This shave was to prove to myself that this blade still had a shave or 2 left in it and wasn't spent. BBS finish achieved but barely and point proven to myself that a milder razor like the Parker adjustable which I used prior on shave 8 doesn't allow for you to get the most longevity out of a blade.

SlimGem, Aztecmike, Leo K. and 7 others like this.
  12. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 3rd January
    GEM SE 3D by Roger Quintero
    GEM SSC#3

[​IMG]

13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 3rd January 2021

RR 400 SE-Plissoft
    Officina Artigiana
    Occams-Enoch
    Schick Proline [ 4 ]
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Having finally dialled into the Enoch, I can depend on it delivering a top class Shave.

IMG_1260.jpg

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    Superior Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk EdC

The De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the Superior Lather Catcher with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk EdC. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    GAW9576 and brit like this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 3rd 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector, M3- Excellent razor & well built for a plastic & steel razor, excellent results. WTG 3 + ATG 4.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (5) excellent blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely, great longevity.
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch, nice mild clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26 mm knot- excellent brush, one of my favorites for 26mm knots, heavenly cloud like soft tips, good scrub.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups, WTG setting 3+ ATG setting 4 + pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3,+personna coated blade.
    Sunday Schick shave, Jan 3rd 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

SlimGem, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 10 others like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Easy Rider injector, (S)chick blade
    [​IMG]

One last shave with this razor before it gets sidelined for awhile. Razor is definitely not what you'd expect. It outshaves your standard fare Type L Schick injectors while being milder. End result BBS finish achieved.

SlimGem, brit, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Barbasol Original Shaving Cream
    Burma Shave Boar
    Schick L
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Barbasol AS

This week I am going back to the 60s. I am going to try one pass shaves like I used to do. I may even do a second pass in the PM.

The Barbasol Original Shaving Cream was applied with the Burma Shave Boar. One pass and touch ups with the Schick L with a Personna Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Barbasol AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 8 others like this.
  20. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

This was my first shave of the new year. I went with the Gem Bullet tip with guiding eye. I don't use this razor often because it's a milder razor. But with a little extra work it delivers a great shave.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.