Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Is that designed for an injector blade or does it just happens to take one?

GAW9576 and SlimGem like this.
  2. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

It's for injector blades only. It's a simple two-piece, and the blade is manually loaded. Thanks

GAW9576 and BBS like this.
  3. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Very cool! How is the shave in comparison to more commonly known injector type razors?

4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I am working with @twhite on a razor head that is based on the razorock Hawk V3 open comb but shrunk in size to use an injector blade. If you make that public like this one eventually will be there will be more decent DIY options for injector blades than commercial offerings. We are working on the idea of 2 tier design, one for 3d printed plastics and just the head and cap that can be SLM printed in aluminum for those that want a metal razor head. The main difference in the designs is one cap will have a stud that can be threaded and the other uses a screw to attach to the handle. Both will share the same base plate. My sense is if the metal printing can be done at a price point that is tolerable by wet shavers then that is going to drive more users to try these designs and in turn SE blades than would otherwise consider because they see plastic as cheap and flimsy.

GAW9576, MPF9, Aztecmike and 2 others like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 7th January
    ENDGEM SPEED №1 3D
    by Roger Quintero
    GEM SSC #4

[​IMG]

GAW9576, Ron R, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  6. SlimGem

It shaves great, but it doesn't feel like an injector. It feels more like a typical 1912, but with a much lighter feel. This was my attempt at duplicating an Ever-Ready Streamline which I don't own yet. :)

7. SlimGem

My design is different from the Hawk V3. It works more like the Rocnel SE50. This design is a few years old and I stopped refining it. It's difficult to print due to the tight tolerances, so, making it available would probably just cause issues for printers, but I would gladly provide the files to you and/or Mr. White, and if I can be of assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

GAW9576 and twhite like this.
  8. SlimGem

Very nice! I hope it's not too mild.:)

GAW9576 likes this.
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The only razors that take gem blades I've used an injector blade in is the micromatic razors. I can't say they brought any improvement or anything different to the shaves so my take without actually doing some research is the blade geometries for an injector or Gem style SE blade are going to differ to get optimal results. If I ever decide to take a more serious look at it I'll do the basic geometry for extreme cases, see what works best then dial it in from there when designing.

10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Will do especially if you can provide some assistance in how to best print the razor head to minimize distortions.

GAW9576, SlimGem and twhite like this.
  11. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

:signs002:

GAW9576 likes this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick repeater. Bueller, Bueller.

GAW9576 and Aztecmike like this.
  13. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

:) Thanks! Sometimes my brain needs a nudge in the right direction.

GAW9576 likes this.
  14. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't too mild. I'm still smooth hours after. The one that thing that impressed was the audio feedback.

15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick N1, Schick II twin blade, shave 19
    [​IMG]

Still working as it should with a BBS finish. As if the Taconic pump cream isn't slick enough adding some pure aloe vera gel into the cream before whipping up lather makes this stuff super slick and should work well with any cream.

GAW9576, SlimGem, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  16. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Ariana & Evans | Strawberry Fields
    APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
    Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

[​IMG]

Aztecmike, GAW9576, Ron R and 9 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

stunning set up and pic Matt.:cool:.i bet it smells good..

GAW9576, SlimGem and 120inna55 like this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 8th January

Muhle Silvertip "A" - 21mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Occams- Enoch
    Schick Proline [ 7 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I am just so glad that I have persevered with The Enoch, and have just completed 10 consecutive Shaves without a hitch. I now prefer it to the larger Hiram Commander which I liked from the off. I find that with ease I can work with it around the upper lip/chin , and it really is so good working around the neck. Now has become one of my most dependable SE Razors both Modern and Vintage.

IMG_1268.jpg

Aztecmike, brit, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave

[​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Barbasol Original Shaving Cream
    Burma Shave Boar
    Schick L
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Barbasol AS

The Barbasol Original Shaving Cream was applied with the Burma Shave Boar. One pass and touch ups with the Schick L with a Personna Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Barbasol AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, Aztecmike, brit and 9 others like this.
  20. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary. Indeed it does smell awesome!

brit and GAW9576 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.