Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD , Fri, Jan 08th 2021

Razor: Everready British streamline 2nd generation model-Mfg 1949-53 Excellent upper mid range razor, beautiful razor & well made.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely with great longevity, also predictable IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Santal Marie del Fiore- nice scent with excellent lather qualities, good post shave feel today.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 24 mm knot, "Sagrada Familia" excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips and a nice scrub if wanted.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER Streamline with a coated Gem blade.
    (it does not get much better)
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

MPF9, SlimGem, BigD and 8 others like this.
  2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Very interesting. I had not previously notice that texture on the only picture I had seen of a B3. I thought your A had maybe been modified fixing a damaged handle or something like that. Looking up the B3 Again and seeing that texture on it I would guess that yours came like that from the factory.

SlimGem, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  3. GAW9576

I had a fantastic shave with 2 new to me razors yesterday but was having internet issues so I didn't get around to posting it till now.
    I used a 5th use Gem SS PTFE in both razors.
    Razor #1 Gem Damaskeen OC. WOW this razor is wonderful. Very Efficient and still very smooth. Several days growth were knocked down to SAS on the first pass were I used the OC Dammy. I did another pass and a half to get a very close shave.
    Razor #2 was used a little here and there to try it out and it did not disappoint. I'll have to do a full shave with it soon. On initial use it seems very efficient and smooth but not quite as efficient as the OC Dammy.
    I did get a little irritation on the sides of my Adams apple were the skin was already not exactly happy. However for me that has been par for the with any razor I've used when going for a very close shave.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

MPF9, Ron R, BigD and 8 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

cool razors Greg.fine shave and pic..:cool:

SlimGem and GAW9576 like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick N1, Schick II twin blade, shave 20
    [​IMG]

20 shaves and still going. BBS finish achieved. Note on the smell of the shave cream I am using which is Taconic bay rum pump cream. It smells like toothpaste and mixed with aloe vera gel it even looks like it.

SlimGem, BigD, brit and 5 others like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

https://theshaveden.com/forums/thre...-magazine-repeating-razors-for-dummies.63744/

There are as it turns out 4 distinct Type A repeaters and 2 different variants with one being the original razor head and the other 3 having the second razor head style. The 2 variants also shave vastly different.

SlimGem, brit and Aztecmike like this.
  7. GAW9576

Thank you Sir. It certainly was a fine shave.

Thank you for the information resource. I browsed it quickly and will look it over more soon.

SlimGem and brit like this.
  8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Here are a few other views of that Type A repeater. pixlr_20201220024143237.jpg

Ron R, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  9. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 9th January
    ENDGEM SPEED №2
    by Roger Quintero
    GEM SSC #5

[​IMG]

MPF9, Ron R, SlimGem and 8 others like this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I've owned 3 of 4 Type A repeaters listed. This is the only one I haven't owned yet. I don't know if these were in like special sets or a replacement for the other handle styles.

SlimGem, GAW9576 and Aztecmike like this.
  11. GAW9576

My gosh that is beautiful.

I have a B1 and 3 C1's of wich one of the C1's is a parts razor which is missing an outer tooth on the comb and the clip that holds the blades. I really enjoy the shaves from both the B1 and C1 and hope to eventually get an A. Maybe if I find a home for the extra C1 that's in good condition I can get a type A.

The guard on the latter A's looks very similar to the B1 but I've heard they shave quite differently. Can anyone confirm this and if so what seems to be the difference in the shave and the razor heads.

MPF9, SlimGem and Aztecmike like this.
  12. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

This really is a wonderful razor and performs a closer shave then expected on my usual one pass (for a comfortable shave) - but it is mild and smooth. My trouble spots are easily navigated and there is no irritation. I’m getting addicted to the mild luxury this model design provides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

01-10-2021

Pre-shave: Warm water
    Soap: Cella
    Brush: 3D Printed Ever Ready 400
    Bowl: 3D Printed
    Razor: 3D Printed
    Blade: Feather Professional
    Post-shave: Old Spice Classic

20200924_204521.jpg
    20200924_205608.jpg

BigD, MPF9, Electrif and 9 others like this.
  14. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Sir. It has been a while since I used my B1 or B2 so I think I'll need to revisit them to make a fair comparison.

GAW9576 likes this.
  15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

From a user's standpoint the B2 is milder than the B1. It also has a different style razor head.

Aztecmike and GAW9576 like this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The B1 is more aggressive than the A1 with same style razor head. Type C razors all shave the same only difference is the feel of the guard. The B1 also is more aggressive than the Type C repeaters.
    B2 is milder than a B1 and also has a different style guard. B2 is the mildest of all the repeaters you can easily obtain. B3 I've never seen one for sale or tried one but would opine it is the same as the B2 just a different plating finish is all the makes them different.

Most aggressive by far is the first style Type A. This is the only repeater I would genuinely call aggressive but on the low side of aggressive.
    Second most aggressive is the B1. I'd say it is right in the middle of mild to wild.
    Third would be the second style A1 razors. These I'd say are near the middle on mild side of mild to wild.
    Fourth the Type C razors. These I'd say are about middle of mild to middle part of mild to wild. Depending the guard they can feel rough on the face.
    Fifth and least aggressive is the B2. These I'd say are closer to the low side of mild.

Only Repeater razor I've never owned or used is the B3.

My opinion of course and they can be adjusted for more blade exposure and aggressiveness if you load the blade with a backer shim.

Aztecmike and GAW9576 like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

January 10, 2021
    Enoch
    Feather Pro
    30DC LE with Zenith Boar
    LEA Classic
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

BigD, MPF9, Electrif and 8 others like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Canadian Type E3 injector, vintage schick platinum plus blade, shave 1
    [​IMG]

Blade is a 1990 NOS from a 7 blade key in an unopened box. Blade is sharp but smooth unlike the modern Schick blades which are sharp and harsh initially. This Type E3 post war injector has been somewhat of a mystery if it is an E or G and how it shaves. Well I can say for sure this is not a G, this might be the most efficient and best of the Type E razors ever made. The Canadian Type E3 razors made prior to 46 should be indentical shave wise. I have to try it against an Anerican Type E3 next to see if they differ or not. Glass like BBS finish achieved.

BigD, 120inna55, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  19. GAW9576

20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 10th January

The Grosvenor,404-mixed
    MWF
    Occams Hiram Commander, 2Dot
    Feather Pro [ 8]
    Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Used the Occams Heavy Weight today after using The Enoch for 10 consecutive days. Not too bad a finish attained apart from the
    last bit around the chin as the blade was past its best. Chose the MWF today as my skin getting dry as spending so much time indoors.

IMG_1272.jpg

Droo78, Aztecmike, BigD and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.