"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

We can say for sure now they did produce Canadian Type E razors in 1946 from April of 46 and overlaping with Type G razors which were introduced in the US and Canada in June of 1946 until either sometime in later 46 or 47. They also only produced the Canadian black handle Type E3 in 46/47. If that razor has the 1937 Canada patent then it was produced in the same factory and the black handle also puts it in the same production grouping as the 1946/47 Canadian Type E3. Those black handles on Canadian Type E razors do not show up anywhere else so that is the only conclusion to be drawn that they were produced in the Niagra Falls plant in Ontario.

Bottom line it is still a Type G razor just a Canadian made one and unique Type G that should be classified by itself.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Aztecmike, Ron R and brit like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I would say your conclusion is reasonable, One of these Sundays I will have to get it out for a shave.

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 10th 2021- I always like to take this E2 injector razor out of the rack for a nice shave, it was in real rough shape and I was able to fix and modify it back to life(Main spring swings to left for cleaning and manual blade inserting). Excellent mid range if a person likes to try a Schick injector.

Razor: Schick E2 injector Canadian variant-MFG 1930's-40's, one of my favorites and one that will be around always.

Blade: Personna SS PTFE(7) Excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity and smooths out nicely.

Soap: Razorock Don Marco, bright citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.

Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra handle 26mm- very nice 26mm knot, one of the softer 26mm knots with heavenly cloud like soft tips with a nice gentle scrub IMO.

Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.

Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pickups.

Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.

Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Schick E2 Canadian variant injector + a Personna injector blade.
    View attachment 243072
    Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Aztecmike and brit like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Canadian Type E3 injector, vintage schick platinum plus blade, shave 1
    ce.jpg

Blade is a 1990 NOS from a 7 blade key in an unopened box. Blade is sharp but smooth unlike the modern Schick blades which are sharp and harsh initially. This Type E3 post war injector has been somewhat of a mystery if it is an E or G and how it shaves. Well I can say for sure this is not a G, this might be the most efficient and best of the Type E razors ever made. The Canadian Type E3 razors made prior to 46 should be indentical shave wise. I have to try it against an Anerican Type E3 next to see if they differ or not. Glass like BBS finish achieved.

Ron R, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

henrickd and Aztecmike like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Might be but I do know from selling a few razors myself you do get the errant foreigner with lots of money that doesn't know the market and doesn't care since it is pocket change to them. Good for the seller if it is a legit bid.

All I know that is not a $200 razor. Plenty of them come up for sale and almost none of them break a $100 sale price.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Droo78 likes this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Well here is proof they made Type G razors in Canada for some period of time from 46 - ??.
    CG1.jpg

It is not the fancy colored handle like yours but is undoubtly a Type G based upon the spring.

brit and Ron R like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I believe I have one very similar to yours , what I found trying to find information on Schick Canada production and products very scarce for any one who likes that kind of history. Some folks claim that the G types were not produced in Canada but like you & I have found evidence of them. I just call them Hybrid G types to keep the peace.

brit likes this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

They made razors well past the Type G razors in Canada. There are plenty of Type L razors that can be attributed by packaging to being made in Canada as late as the 1980s. The production just happens to be standardized I think in late 40s or early 50s probably when the patents ran out and the Pal injectomatics came onto the scene.

Ron R likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

info on canadian gillette sets is scarce as well..

Ron R likes this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The aim at least from a collector's point of view is they are visually different so they should be acknowledged for at least that much. Then from user's point of view is are they any different performance wise from the American counterpart. That is not known by myself or I think anyone else in the wet shaving community right now.

The ones made after they standardized production doesn't matter from the user's point of view only the collector and only if you can buy them with the original packaging to prove that.

brit and Ron R like this.
  13. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

Thought it was time to upost an updated pic of my Schicks...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ron R, Droo78, Aztecmike and 3 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool..nice collection..:cool:

mayer57619 likes this.
  15. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing what a wonderful collection!

henrickd, mayer57619 and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

schick 66
    schick
    yaqi silvertip
    ethos succes
    mb explorer
    [​IMG]

Droo78, henrickd and Aztecmike like this.
  17. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Outstanding 66 shave & pic Gary. :)

brit likes this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mike..fine shaver..:)

Aztecmike likes this.
  19. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210121_061731.jpg
    January 21st, 2021
    Schick Canadian Type E
    Schick Plus Platinum
    Ever-Ready 275 refurb
    Palmolive Classic shave stick
    Skin Bracer Sport Talc A/S

Droo78, henrickd and brit like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

fabulous Mike.love the black "E"..:cool:..Grail razor for me..

Aztecmike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.