January 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Dec 31, 2020.

?

What's your 2021 Shaving Resolution?

1. I am going to finally finish up some shave gear.

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. I am undertaking a No-Buy 2021.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I am going to finally complete a 30 DAY RULE.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. I am going to complete a 30 DAY FOCUS.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. You all can do what you want, I am going to focus on cookies.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

This. Works. The first 10 minutes of fog until the coffee kicks in at 4:15am is better than the 6 hours of groggy foggy half awake work in the middle of the night. You might be surprised at how well (and fast) you can get something done while everything else is quiet and you are rested a bit.

JACarbone, jtspartan, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Joe!

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

----
    mine is an asus. with an intel i5.seems to be a keyboard fault.no other issues.just no e or g.replacement keyboard available.would you bother?.

4. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

If it doesn’t bother you to continue on with a wireless keyboard, then it’s really not the biggest of deals, and helps the short term budget. If the replacement keyboard runs into the $$$s of dollars, I’d have to really think on it. It’s kind of like lipstick on a pig....

JACarbone, jtspartan, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

replacement keyboard $89 + labour to install..i paid $1100 for the laptop..

JACarbone, jtspartan, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

If there’s a warranty....maybe. I’d get that labor quoted, don’t remember if you posted that.

Seems there’s a decent amount of how to YT videos on Asus keyboard replacements. Here in the states we have a company called Newegg that sells those parts. It’s not unlike what you’ve done for cars, just with much smaller tools and no torque wrench required.

7. brit

brit in a box

not sure on labour time.but did see a YT video on how to do it.factory asus keyboard was $89 . in stock in canada. must be a common failure part.will mull it over.thank you for your help and advise Blair. most grateful..:):eatdrink047:

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Nice shave, Myles. Congrats on all the progress with your schoolwork!

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  10. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Oh the NB21 has been killed and on the spit so long that I figured I would just regroup and recommit in February but unofficially. And yes I always look for the silver lining after the initial frustration subsides, Thanks Joe
    Danny amazing job on an interesting razor. I actually saw that one but the teeth scared me away from it. You did great work fixing and glad the teeth didn't break. You'll need to tell us how she shaves. :smiley respect:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    brit, JACarbone, jtspartan and 7 others like this.
  11. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

The like button was insufficient for that straight. 6/8 shoulderless - Love It.

brit, JACarbone, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  12. Dave in KY

Gillette 50+ or Older Focus Week
    Friday January 15, 2021
    Razor: 1922 Gillette New Improved
    Blade: Gillette Spoiler (4)
    Brush: Stirling Boar
    Soap: Lakewood SOCP (1508.5 Project)
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
    Fragrance: Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man

So shaking yesterday's inconveniences off and back to a great shave and an early one at 3:30. That's right you aren't seeing things I have the SOCP 1508.5 going today for a 2nd day in a row. Reason being a young member of our Congregation wanted a zoom shave tomorrow afternoon so he can be shown how to use the stuff I gifted him which included a Stirling soap and splash. I wanted to also use a Stirling soap so he see's what to look for in lather as we do it together. That frees up my next two days after today for variety before we get back to the SOCP on Monday. This time the razor is a new to me New Improved from 1922 and it was a stellar shave with the 4th use on the Gillette Spoiler blade. The Stirling boar still shed a single hair and feels rough even after all the shaves with it. The Oumo boar is a dream compared to this one which may be on the blocks for a pif or gift to someone with more patience than me. Topped off with some Barbasol Pacific Rush and the new arrival yesterday Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man.................................man is that a mouthful. It's a great scent which from the website reads as:

a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. Club de Nuit Intense Man was launched in 2015. Top notes are Lemon, Pineapple, Black Currant, Bergamot and Apple; middle notes are Birch, Jasmine and Rose; base notes are Musk, Ambergris, Patchouli and Vanilla.

That's what I get and will see how longevity is and what the dry down is like today. Have a great day Guys and Gals !!!

IMG_20210114_162542323.jpg

Droo78, brit, JACarbone and 13 others like this.
  13. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Friday 5AM shave . I hate mornings but I love shaving with Tabac. Eine glatte Rasur? Ja.:happy088:
    20210115_053611.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2021
    Droo78, JACarbone, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  14. Edison Carter

Sweet Sharp Thang

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  15. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Wonderful report Dave ! That's an early start to the day .

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  16. Dave in KY

Same to you buddy. Great shave and Have a great day Patrick !

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Dave !

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  18. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

It’s a SC, as I said.
    AABA0054-7440-440F-8856-658984AFA051.jpeg

Droo78, brit, JACarbone and 8 others like this.
  19. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I’m still using my MAC from 2012. It’s slowing down, but still working, fingers crossed! :)

brit, JACarbone, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  20. Edison Carter

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Droo78, brit, JACarbone and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.