Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    very-interesting-2 .jpg

SlimGem, BigD, GAW9576 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 19th January
    3D Rocnel SE-P by Roger Quintero
    ½Voskod #1

[​IMG]
    The original Rocnel SE- P I have weighs in at 137g and has always given me great shaves. This reinterpreted Rocnel SE- P by Roger weighs 14g. Because of the light weight and shorter handle, requires a bit of extra pressure but actually gave a similar result I get from the original.

3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh 30RS
    King Cobra
    Feather AC Blade
    CWR
    Tabac ASB

The Tabac Shave Soap was applied with the Jayaruh 30RS silver tip brush. One pass and touch ups with the King Cobra with a Feather AC Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Dave in KY, GAW9576, Droo78 and 9 others like this.
  4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 19th January

RR Syn. 22mm
    Vitos Super Red
    Occams Hiram Commander - 2dot
    Schick Proline [ 7 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S lotion

I am enjoying this sequence of Shaves with The Hiram, and have been getting great results with budget soaps. The amazing thing about this Razor is that despite its weight, once in the hand that weight is hardly noticeable and it is very manoeuvrable. I actually prefer this Razor to The King Cobra which has gone to pastures new.

IMG_1291.jpg

Dave in KY, BigD, GAW9576 and 8 others like this.
  5. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

01-19-2021

Pre-shave: Warm water
    Soap: Pre de Provence #63
    Brush: #375 Synthetic - Handmade by @Jayaruh
    Razor: J. A. Henckels Rapide
    Post-shave: Fine - Santal Absolut

20210119_105822.jpg

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Anyone who uses wedge blades has some serious issues, not that there is anything wrong with that. You are among good company of SE enablers here.

twhite, GAW9576 and SlimGem like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos210120.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh 30RS
    King Cobra
    Feather AC Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The Williams Mug Soap was applied with the Jayaruh 30RS silver tip brush. One pass and touch ups with the King Cobra with a Feather AC Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Dave in KY, MPF9, Aztecmike and 10 others like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Prototype injector V2, Personna blade, shave 1
    injector1.jpeg injector2.jpeg

Prototype injector based upon the Razorock Hawk V3 open comb razor designed to use injector blades. Machine work done by @twhite
    The V2 is modified to be more aggressive while the V1 matches the shave geometry of the V3 Hawk open comb.

The idea was to try it with a Personna blade first and see if it was serviceable because if it was then it could only be better with a sharper blade. This razor is not just aggressive but down right brutal. I don't know how much it had to do with my technique but this is the first time I've turned the cream in the brush itself pink from the amount of blood mixed into it. With that said after loosing a pint of blood and removing almost the entire epidermis layer of skin the shave is as close as they come. I get BBS shaves on regular basis but not this tight normally. With that said the blade is broken in so it should be smoother and I'll be A LOT more careful with this one on the next shave.

BigD, GAW9576, Aztecmike and 7 others like this.
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

:D
    I liked how it shaved with a Vintage Dutch Schick blade. You said you liked aggressive razors.. HAHAHA

Glad you survived.

10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I've also been shaving with DE blades the past week so it is not like I was in SE shave mode either. The razor is also deceptively aggressive, you feel the blade so you know it isn't mild but it glides too easily that you take it for granted and then voila bloodbath.

SlimGem, GAW9576 and twhite like this.
  11. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had just been thinking yesterday that I wished there was an injector sized Hawk v3.
    Looks pretty good @twhite.

SlimGem and twhite like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Update I am starting to feel stubbly and when I looked in the mirror that was skin stubble not hair growing back. This configuration is not a safety razor but like a shavette with training wheels or a vegetable peeler with a depth stop. I wanted to nick name this razor Brutus but I think Peeler is more appropriate.

SlimGem, GAW9576, brit and 2 others like this.
  13. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 21st January
    Ever Ready 1912 [​IMG]
    GEM SSC #7

[​IMG]

14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 21st January

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    Occams Hiram Commander-2dot
    Schick Proline [ 8 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Another good Shave with the Hiram, am tempted to give it another go on this blade which i would normally bin after 8 outings.

IMG_1294.jpg

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Red Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh 30RS
    Cobra Classic
    Feather AC Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The Proraso Red Shaving Soap was applied with the Jayaruh 30RS silver tip brush. One pass and touch ups with the Cobra Classic with a Feather AC Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210121_061731.jpg
    January 21st, 2021

Schick Canadian Type E
    Schick Plus Platinum
    Ever-Ready 275 refurb
    Palmolive Classic shave stick
    Skin Bracer Sport Talc A/S

SlimGem, Jayaruh, Dave in KY and 11 others like this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Quite possibly the best shaving of the Type E razors ever made. Pro tip for anyone looking to buy a Canadian Type E3 injector, the gold plated head with butterscotch handle versions are easier and cheaper to find for a daily driver than this variant of the E3. Using 1937 as search term along with Schick will find most of the ones listed on a certain auction site.

SlimGem, Droo78, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

schick 66 20210121_101039_edited_edited.jpg

SlimGem, MPF9, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Prototype injector V1, Personna blade, shave 1
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Prototype injector based upon the Razorock Hawk V3 open comb razor designed to use injector blades. Machine work done by @twhite
    The V2 is modified to be more aggressive while the V1 matches the shave geometry of the V3 Hawk open comb.

After yesterday's shave this shave was a cakewalk. Razor head needs some minor tweaking but this version is almost at the sweet spot for BBS without a bloodbath.

SlimGem, Aztecmike, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  20. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

SlimGem, brit and GAW9576 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.