January 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Dec 31, 2020.

?

What's your 2021 Shaving Resolution?

1. I am going to finally finish up some shave gear.

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. I am undertaking a No-Buy 2021.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I am going to finally complete a 30 DAY RULE.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. I am going to complete a 30 DAY FOCUS.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. You all can do what you want, I am going to focus on cookies.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

thank you Danny.red brass also has a lower lead content and is more valuable,easier to recycle.. :) high strength and corrosion resistant
    ..Red brass is also an alternative name for copper alloy C23000, which is composed of 14–16% zinc, a minimum 0.05% iron and minimum 0.07% lead content, and the remainder copper. It may also refer to ounce metal, another copper-zinc-tin alloy. Often used in jewelry applications.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    JACarbone, Hembree, jgreenepa and 7 others like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary!

[​IMG]

JACarbone, Hembree, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Hembree, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

21st January 2021.

32.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears ~ Lemon Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Unbranded Turkish Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Frankensoap : Arko + Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (Grated)
    Blade: Derby Usta. (4)
    Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Yelken ~ Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne Spray./Wilko ~ Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

Greetings,

A near Turkish themed shave.

The Derby Usta has performed wonderfully throughout the week, showing no signs of dulling. I could have used the Usta blade for another shave or possible more but i have retired it on a high note...Besides that, i still have a boat load of other DE blades to contend with.
    Throughout the week all the razors i have used have been kindly gifted & passed on to me by friends & workmates throughout the years... Finishing off my shaving week off with the Baili BD 191 which i originally bought to build a introduction starter kit for a workmate who was curious to try out traditional wet shaving, but like alot of people he expected too much too soon and reverted back to using disposable/cartridge razors again....So he returned the Baili BD 191 razor to me along with other shaving items thanking me, saying it wasn't for him...Each to their own choice.
    My only minor criticism with the Baili BD191 is the handle is slippery when wet, but i rub my fingertips with a alum block which give a better grip when shaving with it.
    Like the Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO & Kanzy K100 razors, the Baili BD 191 has a "closed head design" which gives extra protection and no risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose with the blade ends when shaving, which i like very much about all three razors.
    The long hefty teardrop handle makes the razor 'top heavy' which for my personal preference is a bonus for me as the weight of the razor does all the work with no pressure needed to be added when shaving...A good razor apart from the slippery handle.
    All of my shaves this week with the Chinese clone type razors have performed well with good shaving results...Especially the Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO every shave i have had with this razor has been smooth & acceptable...It just goes to show you can get socially acceptable shaves with inexpensive shaving equipment, with good technique & shaving confidence.A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 12 others like this.
  5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Stratospheric? A $0.22 Feather? Is that in relation to a custom 10/8 Sprecher or a $3 cartridge?
    :cool:

Hembree, brit, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  6. Edison Carter

D5687090-8566-4CB3-994D-E1D8BB638324.jpeg

Hembree, brit, jtspartan and 10 others like this.
  7. Edison Carter

Uh oh.........Warning........stay clear of the exits......Beware of the vortex!

Hembree, brit, wristwatchb and 6 others like this.
  8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous shave Jeff. Hope you had a good day.

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  9. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Thanks Danny

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  10. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Nice shave Barry, I've done clown pukes but never heard of a Frankensoap. Cool, what gave you the idea ? Have good day !

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

4AC5AA54-86DD-4873-A821-D673AF83D462.jpeg
    ECWS Fifth Anniversary Shave
    Shavette Shave # 115

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: RenRen Shavette
    Blade: Perma-Sharp
    Brush: Leo Frilot ECWS 2018 Ghost Trails
    Lather: Blackship Grooming Company La Concorde
    Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Co. La Concorde
    Additional Care:
    Barbero Alum Block
    Stirling Tea Tree Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Fantastic Shavette shave this morning. I have not used this soap in a while. It provided a nice, thick and cushiony lather. Three passes, my norm, did the job.

Today, I will spend my day staring more the usual at the computer scene as I have my final IEP writing day ever. Woo whoo! I am smelling good to boot!
    Have a great day gentlemen.

Hembree, Edison Carter, brit and 11 others like this.
  12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks guys !

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 4 others like this.
  13. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great shaves gents!

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 5 others like this.
  14. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

BA69431B-0F0A-4F66-8D1A-49B4FB29A232.jpeg
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, JANUARY 21, 2021

Well I decided after yesterday morning’s left ear incident that I would steer away from rock music as a shave background. So today’s shave was conducted with Pachelbel’s Canon in D playing in the background. The pacing and tone of this exquisite piece also served as the wedding match for my marriage and helped to create a lovely background mood! The selection of two of my favorite shaving tools certainly contributed to today’s magnificent shave. The little Ronson safety razor is a great dome shaver and the two pass ATG shave gave testimony to its great chops, smooth and velveteen results that set the stage for my favorite Japanese straight razor, the R. Saito SK3 7/8. This smiling blade’s Naniwa/12k’s buttery smooth edge delivered a lovely three pass shave, and left your happy narrator velveteen smooth, clean and refreshed with a big grateful smile on his face.

RAZOR: R. Saito SK3 7/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
    BLADE: Proline B-20 Injector
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

15. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Great shaves guys, have a great day !

16. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

My own Frankensoap concoction is when I have shaving soap remnants that are to good to toss away.The palmolive/Arko shave stick endings combo works wonderfully creating a very good lather... Also my take on a 'uberlather' is using a shaving cream mixing it with the other soap adding 4-5 drops of glycerin. Usually the combo with the shaving cream & soap the cream dominates the scent once mixed together..Give it a try, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
    Yours-Barry.:)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave Bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Myles.

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Awesome Patrick. I thought you’d like the Speick

JACarbone, 9nein9, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Danny.

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.