"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Well then, we're just going to have to find one for you. :)

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..:):eatdrink047:

Aztecmike likes this.
  3. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Another amazing smooth shave with the Schick G8 Injector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CarlfromMO, Ron R, Droo78 and 3 others like this.
  4. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

Pulled out my Schick H1 for today's shave[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Great photo of that set up! Love the Schick there!

brit and mayer57619 like this.
  6. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ron R, Droo78, Aztecmike and 2 others like this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Some very nice Schick razors & a few rare ones you don't see that often!

mayer57619 likes this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 24th 2021

Razor: Stick Schick L type theme series- MFG 1973, Mild razor, need 3 passes with a single edge blade. Twin II blades works well.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent injector blade, Very sharp smooths out nicely with great longevity. Works good on mild injector razors IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice barber shop scent, excellent lather properties.
    Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26 mm, excellent lathering creator, heavenly soft brushes, gentler scrub & excellent lather painter. [​IMG]
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG] great shave with my Stick Schick + a Personna injector blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type G? Canadian made injector, vintage Schick Platinum plus blade, shave 1
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is what I am tentatively calling a Type G because of the spring. The Canadian made Type E and this one are anomalies since they don't perform like their American made counterparts. This razor maybe the mythical Type E4 no one has ever seen because of the base plate using Canadian patent markings and not American and thus being largely ignored. Razor is definitely better than an American Type G1 being more efficient. Is it different from a Canadian Type E3 remains to be tested later in the week. That will determine where it gets grouped with Type E or G razors and more detailed explanation why in the dummies guide. End result BBS finish achieved.

Ron R, Leo K., Aztecmike and 2 others like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 31st 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector Model 3(M3)- excellent Schick injector razor, still mid range in the 2-3 adjustment range.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(6) excellent blade, sharp & smooth and inexpensive, great longevity.
    Soap: Proraso red Sandal wood- great soap, different Sandal wood scent than other's, great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26mm- If a person likes big knots that have heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scub & excellent lather painter and has a awesome handle this one might be worth it IMO. One of my favorite 26mm synthetics.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick adj injector M3 + a Personna injector blade (6).
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

11. romsitsa

romsitsa Well-Known Member

Type G with bone handle.
    22864C02-B3EE-42A8-89FA-A47681F855E3.jpeg

CarlfromMO, Aztecmike, BBS and 4 others like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Canadian Type E3 injector, vintage schick platinum plus blade, shave 4
    [​IMG]

Blade is a 1990 NOS from a 7 blade key in an unopened box. Learned that this razor has a wide angle of use. I used this at about as steep of an angle as it will shave. Shave was the closest I've gotten with this razor also the most irritation I've had from this razor. End result BBS finish achieved.

James Kleinkauf, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick N1, Schick II twin blade, shave 21
    [​IMG]

21 shaves and still going. BBS finish achieved though the blade maybe starting to give up the ghost. Next shave or 2 will determine if that is the case.

Aztecmike, James Kleinkauf and brit like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type G Canadian made injector, vintage Schick Platinum plus blade, shave 5
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I did something different today and tried using some ultrasound gel on one side of the face and pure aloe vera gel on the other applied with my fingers and with no cream. I have to say both work remarkably well by themselves. I have to give the nod to the ultra sound gel since on the later passes it didn't cause any sting when applying unlike the aloe vera gel. I also noticed the side using the ultrasound gel came out closer than the side using the aloe vera. Whether that has to do with the gels or razor/technique I'll try to determine next shave when I switch sides for the each gel.

15. brit

brit in a box

very cool..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type G Canadian made injector, vintage Schick Platinum plus blade, shave 6
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I decided to use only ultrasound gel today to test and found the shave was fairly even on both sides of the face with a BBS finish achieved. This stuff works really well just need to make sure the blade is good and wet or it can gunk up and affect the blade cut. Next shave willl use the aloe vera gel by itself to see if it works as well and if the prior shave using it on the half the face was a fluke and possibly due to the gunk up issue when the blade is not wet enough.

Leo K., brit, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Interesting experiments with the gels, I have used Clear Aloe Vera gel for my hair for well over 25 years as a moisturizer and when I started to learn traditional wet shaving I started using a almond size dollop on my cleaned beard area and then apply my shave soap over the wet skin + combined Aloe Vera gel. Never thought of having just a shave with just aloe Vera gel. The Gillette company have studied proper shave techniques for years and they suggested to hydrate the beard fully for easy slicing of beard whiskers and Aloe will do this with gumming up my shave gear I have found. Aloe Vera gel is good stuff for hair follicles .
    preshave Aloe Vera gel (2).jpg Good product IMO.

brit and BBS like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I tried some the other day and unless I didn't wet it enough it worked well but the ultrasound gel seems to be slightly better. Both are definitely viable alternatives for soaps and creams. I haven't tried it yet but wetting the face either before or after application should also help keep the gels from gumming up the razor. You can feel when the blade needs to be rewetted though so it not a big issue. Aloe vera also works really well with shave creams to make them extra slick. I usually mix an equal amount of aloe vera gel with pump or tube creams before making lather with a brush. I have no doubt the ultrasound gel will work as well this way once I get to trying that.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    brit likes this.
  19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I've never used it in the hair before and will have to try that. Usually I just use old fashioned soap like grandma's soap or kiss my face soap and apple cider vinegar afterwards to soften the hair up on my head.

20. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type G Canadian made injector, vintage Schick Platinum plus blade, shave 7
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Today I used only pure aloe vera gel with no cream to see how well it would work. It also works well like ultrasound gel by itself but with one caveat, the aloe vera will cause stinging on shaved skin unlike ultrasound gel. I know it works fine with no sting whne added to cream to give it extra slickness have tried that already. Both give about the same closeness of shave when used by themselves. Nod goes to ultrasound gel though because of lack of sting when reapplied on multi-passes.

brit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.