RazorockS

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brit, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Jan18th 2021, Well did not feel like missing a MMMonday(A.S.E monday) So to have a little fun decided a Daily double, I picked my easy going 1st Generation Featherweight VS my new 2nd generation Razorock Lupo .72. I let the Gem Featherweight have the tough whisker side and the RR Lupo.72 the other side with 24 hrs growth. Both razors are easy to handle on the face and have become some of my many favorites.
    Both are different in weight by quite a bit and my skill level is good enough to handle both issues with the RR Lupo is 3 times the weight of my Gem Feather weight(1OZ). First pass very similar in beard reduction, 2nd pass of on either side very similar again and then the pickups I was pleasantly surprized a tie on closeness. So did the feel test and I had a hard time with what side won- so out came the cottonball test and it also indicated a dead tie with no snagging of cotton. The Gem Feather had the odds against it (tough beard under chin side) but also I have used that razor many more times compared to the RR Lupo .72.
    So to conclude I had a different MMMonday with a little enjoyment for this shaving enthusiast.

Razor: Gem Feather weight 1st generation- MFG 1950-52, 2nd gen 1953-54, excellent razor, fun to use with great results.
    Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo .72 - Mfg 2021, excellent built razor and a joy to use with just 3 shaves in.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, very sharpe, great longevity and smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP (3) excellent blade Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap: Razorock XXX. very nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Red zebra handle 26 mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud like soft tips with a bit of back bone + excellent lather painter IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush washed my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups on each side of face with 2 different razors.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Feather weight + Gem coated blade.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Gillette Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Tue, Jan 19th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd gen Lupo .72- MFG 2021, Excellent razor, mid range, well built and has become one of favorites, carefree for my technique and medium beard type.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP(4) excellent blade, Sharp & Smooth with good longevity, my standard for comparing DE blades & razors.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea - interesting scent with excellent lather qualities, good protection + good post shave IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi artic sky 24mm knot- excellent lather creator, heavenly like soft tips + backbone for a scrub or painting lather.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my RR 2nd gen Lupo .72 with a Gillette Astra SP blade.(I usually don't get this many BBS shaves in a row.)
    [​IMG]

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Wed, Jan 20th 2021 - still testing how it is for a daily driver on the 2nd generation Razorock lupo .72. Day 5 of at least 7.

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo .72- MFG 2021, excellent razor, well built, good design and nice under the nose area.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP (5) Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth, great longevity, my blade standard for comparing DE blades & razors.
    Soap: Razorock "The dead Sea"- nice interesting scent with excellent lather qualities. Good post shave also.
    Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24mm knot, Excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips, good backbone for a scrub + good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave[​IMG] + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR Lupo .72 + Gillette Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Thur, Jan 21 2021, Still enjoying testing the Razorock Lupo .72 as a daily driver. Day 6 of 7 or more.

Razor: Razorock Lupo.72, 2nd generation- MFG 2021,Excellent razor, smooth carefree and highly efficient, very impressed so far.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP- Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with great longevity. I use this blade for comparing new blades and razors because it's my standard. First blade to buy 100 pcs and used the most when first traditional shaving. There are better blades but it is a good gauge to know that conclusion.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood- nice Bayrum & Sandal wood combination with clove in the scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic, one of my more used brushes over 4 yrs time, excellent lather creator, soft tips good lather painter & scrub.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala bayrum & sandal wood with clove [​IMG]+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent Stellar shave with my RR 2nd Generation Lupo with a Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some excellent shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

5. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Ron.glad you are loving the Lupo..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hello Gary, one of the best razors in my fleet of 45 + razors. Still testing if it is a daily driver. I go through this testing procedure when I get a new razor usually but not all ways.
    I waited for the Lupo stainless steel model to come out and Emailed Italian Barber 3 or 4 times and it was worth it, Covid 19 has really done a # on machine shops that will even MFG these razors. I'm going to curtail purchases until black Friday 2021 hopefully.
    When testing, I like to do at least min 7+shaves, J hooking, Gillette slide and buffing and possibly different blades and rate the shave for others to see. How else to better explain the shave and have a little enjoyment for the odd comment I get.
    Have a great day and many great shaves!

Ijustmissedthe50s, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

that's awesome Ron.i play around with my shaves a bit as well.fun me time..i will invest in a karve at some point ,but love the original stainless mamba i have..need to use it more though..still in my gillette phase..:):eatdrink047:

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Karve razors seem to be well liked by a lot of folks, I would be interested in the wide top cap option if I was going to purchase because it has the blade tab protection. I think it would also be easy to handle blades better also. Karve is a solid well designed razor from people who own them and seem very happy using them.
    Installing and with drawing blades with the new RR Lupo .72 is better than some of other RR models, The Lupo.72 is a solid razor and I'm a very happy camper for a mid range.
    What I like in a great razor is you get very high efficentcy with out the aggression issue and the Lupo some how accomplished this high mark, shaving around the chin is dream and have not received nicks or weepers or irritation.

Ijustmissedthe50s, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

very cool..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Fri, Jan 22 2021, Completes 7 of 7 consecutive daily shaves with my New Razorock Lupo.72, Great daily driver with medium or coarse beards with regular non sensitive skin IMO. For a razor that is made to last and for wonderful performance in the mid range and great under the nose with no blade tab overhang, it will be hard to be beaten by any razor ever made possibly(Personnal technique trumps all variables when shaving still IMO) & priced right for most to purchase IMO if looking for a new 316 Stainless steel razor.[​IMG]

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo .72- Mfg 2021>.Excellent razor, very efficient, carefree shave and well designed & built.
    Blade: Personna Red(6) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood- great soap with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26 mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips, good for scrub and lather painting IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the my cleaned face.
    Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood with clove [​IMG] + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my RR 2nd gen Lupo .72+ Personna Red blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Ijustmissedthe50s, BigD and brit like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Wed, Jan 27th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo SS.72- MFG 2021, excellent mid range, carefree shave, glad I bought it!
    Blade: Gillette Silver blue(1) excellent blade, Sharp & Smoooth with with reasonable longevity. My Top 5 Tier blades.
    Soap: Tabac, mild flowery scent with excellent lather qualities & nice post shave feel of hydration!
    Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26 mm knot- excellent lather genertator, cloud like soft tips with good back bone & good scrub + lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cols water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice light tobaco smoke scent + a dollop of Nivea balm. (-20C humidity low 41)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR 2nd gen Lupo .72 with a Gillette GSB.
    [​IMG]

BigD, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Ron,happy wednesday..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, all the best!

brit likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The Italian Sbaving Soap must be Razorock's signature soap.

brit and Ron R like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the Razorock XXX and now they have a Mentholated XXX version that will be a better seller in the summer months for Italian barber I'm thinking. I have Proraso green and have a long ways to go through that one first. Seems like Menthol anything is a hot seller these days.

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Thur, Jan 28th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- MFG 2018>, mid range<, works well with a KAI SS blade for myself, well built SS razor IMO.
    Blade: Kai SS (4) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with great longevity + wider than a standard Gillette blade by .009">blade feel.
    Soap: Gillette Pure cream, nice scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm Sagrada Familia- named after a famous Cathedral in Barcelona Spain( I visited it myself), excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips + great scrubber & lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with Witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 small blemish weeper= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 with a Kai SS blade.
    [​IMG]

17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 3rd 2021, Still one more test on my new Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72 with a Kai SS blade. When I first bought the Lupo .72 if I found it not aggressive or efficient enough I would try a Kai ss extra wide blade to pick it up a notch. Well the 2nd Gen .72 does not need the Kai blade but I still had to have some fun trying it out with (5) shaves on the blade. Well as expected it just gives the razor more blade feel or blade exposure. The shave went great but it will push the razor out of the easy going carefree zone sweet spot into a more attentive shave. For those fellows who shave by blade feel or like even more aggression & efficentcy for coarse tough beards well just slip in a Kai SS blade and go to town because it will not disappoint those IMO.

Razor:
    Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72- Excellent mid range Stainless steel razor, shaves well with a standard Gillette blade, no blade taps to worry about & easy to load & with draw blades.
    Blade: Kai SS - Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with great longevity. Extra wide by approx .009" thousands of a inch or .0045" per side compared to a Standard Gillette blade.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, excellent scent with excellent lather qualities.(discontinued possibly)go figure.
    Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26 mm tuxedo knot, tuxedo knot is a nice synthetic with cloud like soft tips, some back bone for a good scrub and excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.(-25 C, 38 humidity indoors)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo .72 with a Kai extra wide blade
    [​IMG]

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thur Feb 4th 2021

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant- Mfg 2017>, upper mid range, Excellent slant when technique is dialed in, light touch with short to mid length strokes works for myself.
    Blade : Gillette silver blue (3) excellent blade, sharp & Smooth + top tier for my favorites. longevity average.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Good post shave feel also.
    Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic, excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips + good back bone for a nice scrub, paints lather great.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm (-21C, humidity 40 indoors)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a GSB blade.
    [​IMG]

19. brit

brit in a box

[​IMG]

saturday shave
    canadian flat bottom tech/military handle
    minora(3)
    rr roo synthetic
    santa maria del fiore​

Ijustmissedthe50s, Ron R and BigD like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

sunday shave
    canadian flat bottom tech/military handle
    minora
    razo-rock chrome silvertip synthetic
    the dead sea

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s, Ron R and BigD like this.