January 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Dec 31, 2020.

?

What's your 2021 Shaving Resolution?

1. I am going to finally finish up some shave gear.

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. I am undertaking a No-Buy 2021.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I am going to finally complete a 30 DAY RULE.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. I am going to complete a 30 DAY FOCUS.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. You all can do what you want, I am going to focus on cookies.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

French fries are the only food I'll use ketchup on.
    Stunning picture, Danny!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Oh shoot . I'm guilty of eating all of the above plus the meat and potatoes. I love food :)

brit, Hembree, Edison Carter and 8 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Super Sunday shave Danny! I thought the Dovo shavette would be more difficult to use than the Parker because you have to find the angle whereas the Parker has the angle bevel built right on the head. However, I will cede to the fact that the blade tips are more exposed on the Parker that will increase the risk of cuts.

4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Truth be told, I rarely order poutine. Beer? Yup. Beer + Large order of Poutine= A picture of my belt on a milk carton. Unseen.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic shave Danny. The Franken Razor looks stunning.

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I went to Vancouver with Swati on one of her business trips. She was in meetings all day so I kept myself entertained exploring the city. It was a pretty cool place and we had a great time.

I feel like I have put on the Covid 19 during lock down. Since Mocha passed I have not done my morning PT. I really need to start that up again.

7. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

:happy097:

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  8. jtspartan

Those are share plates, to be honest.
    NB? Not I, my friend....Tried 3 years ago. 8 months was good enough.
    More like ‘one in, one out’.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am following your example on razors, ' one in, one out'. Sadly I am not doing that well on the soaps. :D

10. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Seemed kinda pricey for poutine but then again it is Vancouver. I thought you were on the NB train for some reason. I would never punch that ticket as I'm enjoying catching up for 30+ years of cart shaving. And I want that time back:)

11. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Gotta start somewhere Clint . You gotta start somewhere ;)

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  12. Trigger

Did I miss something?

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  13. jtspartan

East Kootenays. Western edge of the Rockies. 11 hour drive across the province to Vancouver.

Hembree, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

He posted in the February thread that his bride lost her stepfather. I couldn't respond there because the thread was locked for some reason.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

15. jtspartan

You can always catch back up on soaps though. Razors don’t get used up. Your way works as long as something gets used up, sometime...:happy088:
    Wait until you start making brushes...

16. Trigger

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't think the Feb thread was open.

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I love all this stuff, Joe. French fries make great handles to scoop up ketchup. Fried fish filets are designed to pick up tartar sauce. Cheese (any kind) goes good on everything. The poutine looks great too. How can you go wrong with fried taters, gravy, and cheese?

These days, I'm careful with all the toppings and the carbs as they cause me to pack on the pounds. I'm down to mostly using Louisiana Hot Sauce on meats and in soups these days as it is calorie-free.

When I come up for the LI visit, however, I'm pulling out the stops for some great NY Italian food and ice cream. :)

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

You are right on the brushes and bowls. Asha is already placing orders. I have targeted AOS Lavender shave cream as the first one to go. I should knock it out in the next 2-3 weeks using it 5 times or so a week.

19. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Only province I haven't been to yet . Will have to go someday now that my daughter just moved out there last week.

20. Trigger

Ice cream (spumoni, pistachio, etc) and true NY pizza. Now you are talking Charlie! Lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.