Problem with Amazon Retailer

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Zykris, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Wanted to get your opinion ladies and gentleman. I had put in an order with Amazon for the Muhle R41. I just received the package this morning and this is what I received.

https://ibb.co/S7kHV2s
    https://ibb.co/7G0K96z

Am I mistaken in that I received a Muhle R89 (I believe that’s the right number?) the box is labeled open comb. I emailed the seller and showed them the pictures. On Amazon is shows the R41. They insist I got the right razor.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That's not an R41. Without question. I agree it's most likely a R89. Call Amazon. You got the wrong product. They should make it right for you.

Dave in KY and Zykris like this.
  3. manu.aneja

manu.aneja Active Member

Yup...wrong razor in the box

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Zykris likes this.
  4. manu.aneja

manu.aneja Active Member

What is the color of the handle.....the razor has different names with different handles also...the R41 gets a chrome or rosegold handle with its name...the head though comes on other colored handles as well with the R101, R106 labels etc

5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

chrome

6. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Either way it's the wrong razor. He should return it for a full refund, and give the seller a negative review.

Dave in KY and Zykris like this.
  7. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I’m trying to show them through email communication that they had the wrong razor in the box. Still waiting for a return email and depending on what I receive will dictate my next action.

Dave in KY likes this.
  8. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Update: After a few email exchanges, the company found the error and is sending me the correct razor. Also, they are letting me keep the wrong razor as an apology for the inconvenience. I call that a win win situation.

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Great news.

10. manu.aneja

manu.aneja Active Member

Awesome...the R89 that you get to keep is an awesome razor too...exactly like the edwin jagger de89.

Zykris likes this.
  11. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Never had either. Definitely gonna be a treat.

brit likes this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Glad it worked out. Never used an R41, but the EJ89 is a mild, but very efficient razor.

Enrico and Zykris like this.
  13. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Found it to be mild but still enjoyable.

Enrico likes this.